Thanks Diet Pepsi, you just lost a customer-need suggestions

Replies

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I like Tab (preferably the old school one with saccharin) but I will drink Diet Coke occasionally.

Maybe your taste is just changing from your pregnancy (congrats, by the way)--I know I could not tolerate garlic at all when I was pregnant...
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Diet Coke :) (and water of course. Why do people assume that one must be drunk at the exclusion of the other? Boggle.)

Congrats on the little one!
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    i don't know how you feel about orange soda, but it is caffeine free. i like crush brand:)
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    I'm the oddball and prefer diet drinks with sucralose over aspartame.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    misskarne wrote: »
    Diet Coke :) (and water of course. Why do people assume that one must be drunk at the exclusion of the other? Boggle.)

Congrats on the little one!

Thank you!
    myaminals wrote: »
    i don't know how you feel about orange soda, but it is caffeine free. i like crush brand:)

I've never seen diet orange soda?
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Why not give up soda entirely? once you get used to water you'll wonder how you ever found soda's tasty - I can't hack any soda's at all now, far too sweet imo. I prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them (never did the zero/low calorie sodas as they tasted horrible).

Congrats on your pregnancy :smile:

I did not ask about giving up soda.
    I can't add to the suggestions but congratulations on the baby!! =)

Thank you.
    sijomial wrote: »
    I don't like the taste of sucralose either - took some searching to find a protein shake without it.

Coke Life perhaps? (Green topped bottle.)
    Sweetened with stevia.

I actually hate stevia even more haha.
    I love Diet Pepsi - sucralose has been in Diet Pepsi for months, so you must not drink much of it anyway. I did not notice a taste difference when they made the switch, but there is definitely a taste difference between caffeinated and caffeine free. You might have been noticing that rather than the change in sweeteners.

It's the sweetner. I had been drinking diet iced tea for the past few months and literally bought Diet Pepsi again last night. I used to drink it all the time though.
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Diet dr pepper for the win. Yes, they do make a caffeine free version.

Good! Will look for it.
    tracymayo1 wrote: »
    When I was pregnant one of the few things my doctor told me to stay away from was Aspartame...
    When I was pregnant one of the few things my doctor told me to stay away from was Aspartame...

My doctor has not and told me there is nothing wrong with it, just reduce caffeine intake. I did not ask for advice about whether or not I should consume it. You do you, I will do me.

She was telling you, what she was advised; she wasn't advising you!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Diet orange is not that great. I think it has sucralose
  • azsoccerpop
    azsoccerpop Posts: 5 Member
    MIO
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Target had the best diet, caffeine free selection I had seen in a long time. I think they had orange.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    they have diet crush but i can't vouch for the taste. i normally get them on cheat day.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Diet Mt Dew <3
  • DeficitDuchess
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    Why not give up soda entirely? once you get used to water you'll wonder how you ever found soda's tasty - I can't hack any soda's at all now, far too sweet imo. I prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them (never did the zero/low calorie sodas as they tasted horrible).

Thank you.
    I don't like the taste of sucralose either - took some searching to find a protein shake without it.

Sweetened with stevia.

I love Diet Pepsi - sucralose has been in Diet Pepsi for months, so you must not drink much of it anyway. I did not notice a taste difference when they made the switch, but there is definitely a taste difference between caffeinated and caffeine free. You might have been noticing that rather than the change in sweeteners.

It's the sweetner. I had been drinking diet iced tea for the past few months and literally bought Diet Pepsi again last night. I used to drink it all the time though.

Good! Will look for it.

My doctor has not and told me there is nothing wrong with it, just reduce caffeine intake. I did not ask for advice about whether or not I should consume it. You do you, I will do me.

Why would a different doctor's advice to a different pregnant woman be relevant to elphie's thread about elphie's soda of choice?

It isn't but that isn't what my response, was concerning.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I've never seen diet orange soda?
    I saw it at the gas station near the park I run at.

I thought it tasted flat.

• JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member

Thank you.

Sweetened with stevia.

Good! Will look for it.

Why would a different doctor's advice to a different pregnant woman be relevant to elphie's thread about elphie's soda of choice?

Ok. My apologies for misunderstanding.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    I also recommend the sprite zero and here in kentucky we have this drink Ale 8, it's a ginger ale but very strong ginger.
  • DeficitDuchess

Thank you.

Sweetened with stevia.

Good! Will look for it.

Ok. My apologies for misunderstanding.

No problem & thank you, I wish most people; were like you!
  • Bghere1
    Bghere1 Posts: 78 Member
    robininfl wrote: »
    Diet Dr. Pepper is good. The coke products still use aspartame as far as i know. I hate splenda.

Unsweet iced green tea is also good, try that.

diet "D" is still pretty good. Diet Coke is still good too
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    snikkins wrote: »
    Target had the best diet, caffeine free selection I had seen in a long time. I think they had orange.

They also now have a huge gluten free section (frozen) with udis meals. I was overjoyed to find that. Never do much food shopping there though so never explored the soda section.

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    I agree it's really gross now.

It used to be my favorite then I got on a diet Dr pepper kick and didn't buy diet pepsi for months. A couple weeks ago pepsi was on sale and Dr pepper out of stock so we got a few 2 liters diet pepsi. I couldn't finish one cup of it because of the aftertaste. It doesn't taste the same at all. Down the drain the rest of all of it went.

Diet Dr pepper or nothing now lol.