Thanks Diet Pepsi, you just lost a customer-need suggestions

Options
elphie754
elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
At work last night and I grab my usually Diet Pepsi (although this time caffeine free). After a few sips, I had such a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. At first I thought it might just be me and new adversion to foods (pregnant). My partner noticed I wasn't drinking it and asked why, so I mentioned the weird, sickly sweet after taste. He goes, same here, ever since they switched from aspartame to sucralose. Blaugh!!! I hate sucralose, always have. Guess I need to find a new diet soda. Any suggestions?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Coke zero, Pepsi max, diet dr pepper diet mountain dew
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper is good. The coke products still use aspartame as far as i know. I hate splenda.

Unsweet iced green tea is also good, try that.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I like Dr Pepper 10
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Do they have caffeine free diet Dr Pepper?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I can't add to the suggestions but congratulations on the baby!! =)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Cherry Diet Dr Pepper and Regular Diet Pepper here. I hate Pepsi products except Diet Mt Dew. I despise anything with splenda in it and also Coke Zero it tastes flat just like the Diet Pepsi regular Pepsi does.

Everyone is different, pick your poison!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of sucralose either - took some searching to find a protein shake without it.

Coke Life perhaps? (Green topped bottle.)
    Sweetened with stevia.
  • ashleyminnich1
    ashleyminnich1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Can't stand either of them! So gross! I either take the calorie hit or go for water. Congrats on the baby!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Diet dr pepper for the win. Yes, they do make a caffeine free version.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My husband used to live on Dr Pepper and the only diet pop he's found so far that he enjoys is Coke Zero.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Pepsi Max Cherry.

• Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero are the bomb-diggity. :heart:
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I also stopped drinking Diet Pepsi a few months ago when they switched to sucralose. It made me sad, I loved drinking them!

I've switched back to Diet Coke, even though I don't like it as much. Or Diet Dr. Pepper. I believe they make both of those in caffeine free versions.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    At work last night and I grab my usually Diet Pepsi (although this time caffeine free). After a few sips, I had such a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. At first I thought it might just be me and new adversion to foods (pregnant). My partner noticed I wasn't drinking it and asked why, so I mentioned the weird, sickly sweet after taste. He goes, same here, ever since they switched from aspartame to sucralose. Blaugh!!! I hate sucralose, always have. Guess I need to find a new diet soda. Any suggestions?

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I don't drink soda anymore because I lost the taste for it, but when I did I loved Zevia. It is sweetened with the stevia.

ETA, just saw where you say you don't like stevia.

I also liked diet 7 up and Diet Root Beer. Don't know if the sweetener has been changed on those.