• Acxa
    Acxa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    br8i6blphhat.png

would 1700cals a day help me lose weight? or do you suggest eating less
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    OP, WE ALL have been there and done everything you are doing right now.. I would like to think you would want advise and true and tried experience from us MFPer's .. We are not kidding you in any way and we will not steer you in the wrong direction..

But being out right hardheaded is why this is not working and now why we are little frustrated at the moment. Take a few minutes and think about what we are saying and if you insist that you are 100% right, carry on.. This process and method you insist on using is not bringing you 1 lick of results.

I only lay it out like I see it..
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You are clearly frustrated. You are also not listening to anyone here, are not in a learning mode but a defense mode. Being 170 pounds for an average height 19 y/o female is HARD. Working in a factory on your feet all day is even harder.

So you can either continue to defend what you do and return the same results or you can get a dang food scale at the goodwill or Walmart (doesn't have to be electric) and start to measure and log everything you put in your mouth.

Edited: Oh thank god - we are making progress!! food scale ACHIEVED. Logging to commence.

(not eating enough and probably needs a pedometer..tbd)
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    aocix wrote: »
    i do have a food scale i will scale everything i eat tomorrow

It truly is eye opening. I eyeballed for the first month thinking I was close. Once I got the scale and saw how much I was really eating, it was a huge difference. Even with the deficit I had, I'm surprised I managed to lose anything. Probably wouldn't have if I hadn't been exercising as well.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Great on the food scale! Yeah!

The video above will be a mind opener for sure!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    yes a scale is more accurate then using measuring cups for solids. what I thought was a serving of oatmeal 40g(porridge to others) was actually more like 65 or more using a measuring cup. same with dry cold cereal. all solids and semi solids need weighed on a scale(no two pieces of food will be the same weight,and if packaged will often be off) and liquids only in cups. those little bits of calories will add up and if you eat more calories and dont weight you will just gain more weight most likely because it wont be accurate. I got an eye opening experience when I started weighing all my food.
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Also, when you say you eat pasta, surely it's not just plain pasta bolied. What do you add to it? That needs logging and while you are at it, weighing too. Smoothie with 2 or 3 bananas, what about adding the milk? Measuring the milk. That sounds like a decent smoothie that would take 400 calories at least and you say you eat 1000 for the whole day. If you had 3 bananas at 126 calories each assuming they are what the average banana is in MFP, that's 450 just in bananas. Add milk and you have a 550 calorie smoothie. Oats are very high in calories, l nearly died when l saw how small a 50 gram serving was. Add pasta with something on it, a sandwich with fillings etc. Just saying it like that sounds more than 1000 calories, a lot more.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Etsar73 wrote: »
    Also, when you say you eat pasta, surely it's not just plain pasta bolied. What do you add to it? That needs logging and while you are at it, weighing too. Smoothie with 2 or 3 bananas, what about adding the milk? Measuring the milk. That sounds like a decent smoothie that would take 400 calories at least and you say you eat 1000 for the whole day. If you had 3 bananas at 126 calories each assuming they are what the average banana is in MFP, that's 450 just in bananas. Add milk and you have a 550 calorie smoothie. Oats are very high in calories, l nearly died when l saw how small a 50 gram serving was. Add pasta with something on it, a sandwich with fillings etc. Just saying it like that sounds more than 1000 calories, a lot more.

She said the smoothies are with water only, but you're spot on on the rest.
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sorry l missed that and l just realised my banana calculations are off. Still high though and the oats and the pasta and bread and all the fillings and toppings. That in itself sounds like a day much higher than 1000 calories.
  • Acxa
    Acxa Posts: 22 Member
    Options

just to be more specific
    oats/porridge - would only be half of a bowl but i usually never finish it because im not a morning person.
    banana smoothie - i use water for that and less than half of teaspoon of cinnamon.
    Steamed veg would be in a lunch box and its a decent size of a lunch box and its not too cramped with veg.
    for pasta i eat those gluten free pastas but i dont use anything to flavor the pasta.
    for a sandwich i'd use a brown bread and half of Mozzarella

when im eating i try not to mix too much but sometimes its hard. i try not to mix too much because my stomach is very sensitive that is why i cut out meat or pastries or sweets because every time i ate them i felt like it wasn't right and i never felt good
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You don't know how many calories you're eating because you don't weigh your food.

What you eat does not matter. I lost over 80lbs including cookies, ice cream, and all the goodies.

weight loss is all about consuming LESS calories than your body needs to maintain its current weight.
    how could i be over eating when
    07:30 breakfast- Oatmeal or porridge Sometimes i dont even finish the bowl which is never full from the begening
    How much are you putting in the bowl in the first place? How do you know that what you're cooking is 1 serving? What are you adding to the porridge? Do you use milk or water to cook it?
    10:30 snack- Banana smoothie or a fruit banana smoothie only has 2-3 bananas
    2-3 bananas can be as much as 300-400 calories. What else are you putting in the smoothie.
    13:00 lunch- vegetables or a sandwich or Salad vegetables are good eitherway, which i put in a lunch box which is a normal lunch box
    What size lunch box? What's a 'normal' lunch box? I see lunchboxes of varying sizes.
    15:00 Snack- a fruit or usually skip this snack
    It depends on what fruit. They vary in calories. Some fruit is higher in calories than others.
    18:00 Dinner- Pasta or steamed vegetables or fish or a sandwich i usually measure the pasta by cups which i only use a lil bit more than half of cup, and if i would be eating steamed vegetables it wouldn't gain too much weight from a plate of steamed vegetables, and steamed is digested faster than raw anyway
    Pasta can be quite high in calories. Fish. Which fish? Fish varies, too. Are you including any oils or butters used in cooking?

Do you drink anything other than water?

Yeah, using cups is highly inaccurate. If you're not losing, start weighing your food. If I don't weigh my food, I don't lose weight, either.

Another:
    Are you logging your food? Are you counting calories? Not overeating does not mean eating the right amount of food volume-wise, it means eating the right amount of calories for you.
    kquick316 wrote: »
    i just logged my usual day and its only 1k calories

But you logged without using a scale.

i can use eyes, its not too hard to guess
    But, you wouldn't be here asking if it were working, would you?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    just to satisfy you all i will prove that i'm not over eating by measuring everything tomorrow
    http://i.imgur.com/QYrwxNO.png imagine this bowl, i have it half full with porridge or oats, and i never finish eating it that is not 600calories
    Not measure. You'll be back to square one. Weigh your food. How do you think we all got successful?

Why are you being....snarky? You asked for help and got many answers form those who have taken the time to learn all this themselves and become successful from it. They also took the time to help YOU.

I'm sorry, but weight loss happens of you eat LESS CALORIES than you need to maintain, not LESS FOOD.

just to be more specific
    oats/porridge - would only be half of a bowl but i usually never finish it because im not a morning person.
    banana smoothie - i use water for that and less than half of teaspoon of cinnamon.
    Steamed veg would be in a lunch box and its a decent size of a lunch box and its not too cramped with veg.
    for pasta i eat those gluten free pastas but i dont use anything to flavor the pasta.
    for a sandwich i'd use a brown bread and half of Mozzarella

when im eating i try not to mix too much but sometimes its hard. i try not to mix too much because my stomach is very sensitive that is why i cut out meat or pastries or sweets because every time i ate them i felt like it wasn't right and i never felt good

Again, bowls vary in size. You cannot say you have 'a bowl' of porridge and expect everyone to understand that. Handfulls. Bowls. Mugs. Plates. Lunchboxes. All vary in sizes.

Gluten free pasta can be higher in calories, so keep that in mind.

Each brand of of the same food can be vastly different.

It's ALL about the calories when it comes to weight loss.

You have to log everything that goes into your sandwich. Everything that goes with your pasta.