Can't seem to lose weight

Options

Replies

• musicalityrnb
    musicalityrnb Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I wonder what happened with @aocix. I hope she didn't disappear...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    aocix wrote: »
    how could i be over eating when
    07:30 breakfast- Oatmeal or porridge Sometimes i dont even finish the bowl which is never full from the begening
    10:30 snack- Banana smoothie or a fruit banana smoothie only has 2-3 bananas
    13:00 lunch- vegetables or a sandwich or Salad vegetables are good eitherway, which i put in a lunch box which is a normal lunch box
    15:00 Snack- a fruit or usually skip this snack
    18:00 Dinner- Pasta or steamed vegetables or fish or a sandwich i usually measure the pasta by cups which i only use a lil bit more than half of cup, and if i would be eating steamed vegetables it wouldn't gain too much weight from a plate of steamed vegetables, and steamed is digested faster than raw anyway

i do assume this is a normal amount for a person who works 8 hrs which includes constant lifting/ moving/walking in a fast pace

It's just maths and science really. Eat too much, we gain, eat just enough, we maintain, eat too little, we lose.

Your fruit smoothie for example, 1 banana can have 140 calories, 2-3 3-400 calories. That's a lot and that's before you even add in anything else like yoghurt, milk, other fruit.

Porridge? I have what would look like a small bowl, I use like an ice cream dish and it's only half full, that's a 250 calorie serving. I suspect you;re eating more than that. In just those two items you are clocking up nearly 700 calories. No lunch, no snack, no dinner even considered yet.

You need to work out accurately exactly how much you are consuming because right now you have no idea. Generally, people with weight to lose don't really know what a normal portion looks like (and I include myself in that statement).

i eat 200calories from the porridge im in a hurry so i only take maybe 10 small spoons of it and leave. the banana smoothie is probably the only thing that fills me up throught the day and i dont add any other fruits just banana and water

10 small spoons? You have absolutely no way of knowing if that is 200 calories.

But that's still 600 calories before lunch. A sandwich can easily be 3-400 calories (and that's on the low side if you add butter, mayo, cheese), another banana for a snack 100 so now we're up to 1100 calories before we go into dinner. That's all conservative estimates too.

Fact is, if you are not losing weight you are eating too much. If you don't want to hear this then carry on as you are not losing weight.

I can't imagine why this got flagged. It's excellent advice - and truthful. Measuring something with a spoon can prove to be wildly inaccurate.

some people think the flag option is a way to say they dont like or agree with the advice,or its not what they want to hear.I have seen it happen to others.I have been flagged a few times for that as well.some people have no idea what the flag option is really for they just click on it I guess. only reason I can come up with
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I wonder what happened with @aocix. I hope she didn't disappear...

I think in a previous post she said she probably wouldn't start weighing until after the weekend, so perhaps she'll report back tonight or tomorrow. I hope she does, I'm interested to see what she discovered and how accurate her estimates were! :)

Some people seem to be great at estimating portion sizes and calories, others not so much. I'm one of the "not so much" crowd, so I like to weigh most things!
  • hebdenbiker
    hebdenbiker Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    OP, haven't read through the whole thread but your daily diet looks a little carb rich.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i would die if i ate less? im always so hungry

I find this happens to me when I am eating too many carbs for some reason.....
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    i can use eyes, its not too hard to guess

If that is your stance you might look at your results and question them. If not, I guess you aren't going to lose weight. But keep waiting to get an answer you want to hear and go with that.

All the best.

• mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Here are a few tips that might help you.

o2dr3nm3zv5y.jpeg

OMG I think I love you. This pretty much summarises half the forum threads.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Here are a few tips that might help you.

o2dr3nm3zv5y.jpeg

OMG I think I love you. This pretty much summarises half the forum threads.

All thanks for the flowchart go to @lemonlionheart, who put it together last year and allowed many of us to use it to help others. :)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I maybe a low carb diet would work better for you, looks like you consume a lot of carbs
    Not necessary to drop carbs to lose weight... @krubenbauer
    I've lost weight and eat carbs.

Balancing macros may be a better bet.
  • SallyKaPow
    SallyKaPow Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I agree that eating carbs doesn't stop you losing weight. It is worth noting that carbs like bread, pasta, rice etc are calorie dense so if your diet primarily consists of these foods AND you're underestimating how much of them you're eating, you could easily be eating a lot more calories than you think.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    sallykift wrote: »
    I agree that eating carbs doesn't stop you losing weight. It is worth noting that carbs like bread, pasta, rice etc are calorie dense so if your diet primarily consists of these foods AND you're underestimating how much of them you're eating, you could easily be eating a lot more calories than you think.

yes or it could be they are underestimating on their protein or fats too and that could cause them to go over on calories as well. or they are overestimating on exercise calories burned and eating those back resulting in no weight being lost
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Wondering how it went weighing foods. I always think its so interesting to see when people thought they were eating so much less than they actually were when weighing. You REALLY have to weigh everything to get accurate calorie counts. Even bread can be 50-60 calories off per slice which doesn't sound like much, but can add up with all the other things.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I think OP realized what was going on and isn't coming back... :expressionless:
  • musicalityrnb
    musicalityrnb Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think OP realized what was going on and isn't coming back... :expressionless:

I'm thinking so too...
  • Day_knee
    Day_knee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    how could i be over eating when
    07:30 breakfast- Oatmeal or porridge Sometimes i dont even finish the bowl which is never full from the begening
    10:30 snack- Banana smoothie or a fruit banana smoothie only has 2-3 bananas
    13:00 lunch- vegetables or a sandwich or Salad vegetables are good eitherway, which i put in a lunch box which is a normal lunch box
    15:00 Snack- a fruit or usually skip this snack
    18:00 Dinner- Pasta or steamed vegetables or fish or a sandwich i usually measure the pasta by cups which i only use a lil bit more than half of cup, and if i would be eating steamed vegetables it wouldn't gain too much weight from a plate of steamed vegetables, and steamed is digested faster than raw anyway

i do assume this is a normal amount for a person who works 8 hrs which includes constant lifting/ moving/walking in a fast pace

You are over eating with each and every item you listed, likely. If you are not measuring and/or weighing your food, just because you break down to us what you are eating, then you really don't know how MUCH of it you are actually eating.
    You say "normal amounts" but you are basing it off of what you view as normal and are not accurately weighing or measuring your food according to the packaging of it.
    It is likely you are not losing weight because you are not eating at a calorie deficit. Period.
    You know that sandwhich you say you eat...does it have mayo, how much meat do you put on it? do you weigh the meat? do you add like 3/4 slices of processed meat that is high in calorie and in sodium?

You really need to weigh and measure your food for accurate logging. If you don't do that then you wont ever know if you are actually in a calorie deficit! NO matter how many times you say you are eating healthy and normal.
  • Day_knee
    Day_knee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    kquick316 wrote: »
    i just logged my usual day and its only 1k calories

But you logged without using a scale.

i can use eyes, its not too hard to guess

we all have eyes and we all can guess...but guess what....you are eating MORE than you burn! Period. There is no discussion here to be had. You either take the suggestions of getting a scale and weighing and measuring your foods....or you don't and we will know why you are not losing weight.

What is so hard to understand?