July 2011-No late night/wise choice snacking

Options
Do you find yourself searching for something to snack on after dinner? Do you make healthy choices all day and right before bed you decide to go ahead and have a spoon or two of ice cream, a cookie, chips, etc.?

For some odd reason, this happens almost every night and you want it to STOP.

If this sounds like you, join us so we can support one another to beat late night snacking!

Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after that time, you may have tea and water only.

Tally your progress daily for a monthly total.

For Example:
Me: 22 ~ LNS: 9

You may join at ANYTIME. You don’t have to be successful every day; you just have to do your best. We’re not perfect and we all have non-successful days but
the goal is to NOT GIVE UP!

Welcome

Replies

• mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LNS : 8 - and no candy bowl at work!! i have to stay away!
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm in...please explain your example Me-22 LNS-9?

How are we calculating? How many days we did not snack versus how many we did???

Thanks,

Diane
  • shnnd19
    shnnd19 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    that sounds like a great idea:)
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    IM ALL IN --- DRINKING SO MUCH WATER I ALWAYS GET UP IN MIDDLE OF NIGHT & FOR SOME REASON ITS LIKE HMMM IM HUNGRY BUT THEN YOUR SO TIRED DONT WANNA COOK NOTHIN SO FIND MYSELF GRABBING A SNACK..AND MOST THE TIME NOT SO HEALTHY. SOME NIGHTS I CAN GET OUT OF LNS SO THIS MO IMA WORK ON IT FOR SURE! I NORMALLY TRY NOT TO EAT PAST 7-8P.
  • ziadog
    ziadog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have the late night snack attack also. My cut off time will be 9:00 PM as my snack time falls between 10:30 and 11:00 PM. July first is a great day to start. HIGH FIVE to my MFP buddies!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm in...please explain your example Me-22 LNS-9?

How are we calculating? How many days we did not snack versus how many we did???

Thanks,

Diane

We do a grand total for the month. For example, by the end of June, I had successfully not eaten past my cut off/or made wise choices in my evening snack 18 times (ME -18) and 11 times I made either poor choices or ate past the time I had set for myself (LNS - 11).

So today, you set a time or goal for yourself. For me, it will be not to eat anything past 9 p.m. (some nights it will be 7:30, depending on family). So, if I am successful, tomorrow morning I will post a new reply

ME - 1
    LNS - 0

And then post a new reply for each day, changing the numbers.

Whatever you do, don't give up. Sometimes just being aware of it is a step in the right direction. Some months, for me, if I get one day out of a week successful, I know I'm at least accomplishing something.

WELCOME
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Bop.
  • leighkent
    leighkent Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yay, here is to a more succesful month than last !!! x
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'll start with 10 p.m. this month. Erm... hope to "finish" by 10pm :wink:.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Ok, I had a difficult month in June but Im ready to tackle July. I apologize for disappearing last month :embarassed:

I NEED this to help me get back on track with my weight loss journey. I'll make sure I stick around this month.

Good Luck Everyone!:smile:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 0 ~ LNS: 1*

Off on the right foot, right? LEFT!
    I NEED this to help me get back on track with my weight loss journey.
    Hey loveme, I feel that.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 1
    LNS - 0

My success was a cheat since I took a nap at 4 p.m. in the afternoon and didn't wake up until work this morning at 3. But I'll take it.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    me 2 - LNS 0

I consider last night a success even though I ate late out a restaurant. I passed by the bread and had a glass of wine instead. I skipped the huge pieces of cake being passed around the table and instaed went for a walk around the neighborhood and split a single serving of ice cream with hubby. I'm learning balance rather than restriction.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 1* ~ LNS: 1

lulabelle... Great choices! Good for you!
  • Juniper88
    Juniper88 Posts: 142
    Options
    I am in - AGAIN!

I totally bombed in June. Here is to better luck in July!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 2
    LNS 1

Okay, still ahead of the game. Today's cutoff, 9 p.m.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 2* ~ LNS: 1
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 3 - LNS: 0, although I was off by 15 mins. Maybe should I be more strict... mhm...
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 3
    LNS - 1
    Moving cutoff time to 8:30 tonight and seeing how that works out.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Joining July 4. I'm having trouble with late night snacking after I close my diary (I enter and have an evening snack every night).

Goal is to not eat/drink anything other than water after I log my official evening snack and close out my diary. So far so good.

Me- 1
    LNS- 0