50lbs by Christmas

Replies

• louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    I'm in too! I have another 56lbs to lose until my goal, so I think 40lbs by Christmas is realistic as I know it will slow down the closer I get to my goal. :)
  • Fasaanya
    Fasaanya Posts: 300 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Sounds like you will be at goal weight after you lose 50 pounds? There's only 28 weeks til Christmas - sustaining a two pound per week loss with only 50 pounds to lose is not realistic.

Scooby says the # 1 reason people fail to lose weight is flaming out due to having overly aggressive goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOjsmqo1x8k

I can see you're bad at math. 2pounds a week is pretty normal, as I AM losing 2 pounds a week. Plus, 2×28=56 lbs.
    Thanks for your help, though
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Aiming for 30 by my birthday in October myself, but will be happy with anything over 15! :)
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    natboosh69 wrote: »
    Aiming for 30 by my birthday in October myself, but will be happy with anything over 15! :)

My goal is 30 by my birthday in October too!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114643-up-to-50lbs-by-christmas

Newbies: please click on the link above to join the group we have formed from people who have responded to this post. Welcome!
  • KetoneKaren
    bump
  • KetoneKaren
    bump - see link above to join us
  • empy22
    empy22 Posts: 33 Member
    Ooooh I'm in, I have about 100lbs to lose but would be over the moon to lose 50lb by Christmas
  • KetoneKaren
    @empy22 See the link above, click on it, and join our group! Welcome! You can revise your goal as you go along if it doesn't seem feasible, or you can choose your starting date like I did for earlier this year & count weight you have already lost as part of the 50. Or choose a lower goal, everyone is doing their own thing but encouraging each other. You wanna be a leader?
  • yumi1
    yumi1 Posts: 26 Member
    My goal is to be 50lbs of loss by my 31st birthday December 22! Right now I'm losing about 2 pounds a week. My current weight is 183!! I started at 210 lbs!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    YES! I would like to lose 46 lbs by the end of the year to get to my goal weight!
  • Scorpio_Runner
    Scorpio_Runner Posts: 39 Member
    A close friend of mine lost 46 pounds in 4 months by exercising daily and counting her calories. That is why I'm here, just joined today. I want to drop 15 pounds.
  • empy22
    @KetoneKaren , thank you for the welcome and advice- have joined the group
  • empy22
    Arghh seem to missing most of my post when I publish
  • empy22
    @KetoneKaren, as I've lost most of my post- what is a leader?
  • annaeparadiso
    annaeparadiso Posts: 11 Member
    I set the goal of losing about 30 or so before I start school in the fall, and I'm down 14 :) Add me!
  • Frenchyken89
    Frenchyken89 Posts: 33 Member
    My goal is to lose 38lbs (to be exact) by December. My SW is 159 which will put my end weight to 121. Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for new friends to help keep me motivated.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    It depends on where you are in your weight loss process. The first 50 comes off a lot faster than the last 50. For me:
    50 pounds - 6 1/2 months
    100 pounds - 9 more months
    150 pounds - 12 more months estimated, not quite there yet.
    This was done with laser focused commitment, very few "cheats", daily walking, 2-5 workouts per week, no official plateaus, but some medical & health issues mixed in.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Fasaanya wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Sounds like you will be at goal weight after you lose 50 pounds? There's only 28 weeks til Christmas - sustaining a two pound per week loss with only 50 pounds to lose is not realistic.

Scooby says the # 1 reason people fail to lose weight is flaming out due to having overly aggressive goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOjsmqo1x8k

I can see you're bad at math. 2pounds a week is pretty normal, as I AM losing 2 pounds a week. Plus, 2×28=56 lbs.
    Thanks for your help, though

2 Pounds a week is normal when you have lots of weight to lose..........but as you become a smaller person it's going to be tough to maintain the same daily 1,000 calorie deficit.

Example:

A 30 year old, 5'5" tall woman weighing 235 pounds....maintenance = 2,203. A 1,000 calorie deficit can be had at 1203 calories.

As that same woman becomes smaller.....let's say she now weighs 200 pounds....maintenance is now only 2,020. A 1,000 calorie deficit can be had at 1,020 calories. BUT this is lower than MFP recommends for meeting nutritional guidelines. So what you are left with is slower weight loss.
  • KetoneKaren
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114643-up-to-50lbs-by-christmas

Join the group if you want to. You set your own goal.

@empy22 I don't really know what a leader does :) even though I am one, other than moderate discussions that are going off track and serve as good role models...but this group seems to be such good people I doubt there will be a need.