Weekly Weigh In Challenge for June

Options

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,138 Member
    Options
    Good Friday Morning everyone!! Here's my weigh in for this week...

Name: b3achy / beachy
    Height: 5'3"

Starting Weight May 29th: 147.2 lbs (but was 146.2 lbs on 5/27, the week before 3 June)
    Goal Weight July 1st: 140 lbs

Weigh In Week (I weigh in for record on Fridays, so I adjusted the days for Friday weigh ins)
    June 3: 145.2 lbs C/W/H: 35"/30.25"/40.25"
    June 10: 144.8 lbs C/W/H: 35"/30"/40"
    June 17: 143.2 lbs C/W/H: 35"/29.5"/39.5"
    June 24:
    July 1:

Total LBS lost this week: 1.6 lbs
    Total LBS lost this month: 3.0 lbs

Weekly Goals (no change):
    • Cardio at least 4 times a week / Strength training 1-2 times a week / Kettlebell 2 times a week
    • Planking challenge daily / 24 hours in June challenge
    • Eat within my macro ratios and under my calorie goal daily / Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily
    • 7-9 hours of sleep per night

Struggles this week:
    • Still struggling with strength training (fitting any into my weekly workouts), getting enough sleep, and doing my planking challenge regularly
    • Better food balance/control when I'm not completely controlling the meal preparation (had a crazy bad day of eating because I was sitting around 'snacking' with a friend)
    • Getting a good workout when I can't go out to paddle. Walking and other exercises just don't seem to cut it in comparison
    • Clearly, my scale has figured out my weigh in day is Fridays and continues to attempt to foil my "for record" weigh ins (I've been in the low 143's for the past three days, was sort of hoping to pop down into the high 142's today)

Successes this week:
    • NSV - fitting into even more clothes of smaller sizes than when I started (got into some 'small' shorts yesterday that were previously too tight to pull over my hips), tape measure victories / loss of inches.
    • Much better with fruits and veggies this week
    • Larger movement on the scale than previous weeks
  • b3achy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Successes:
    Broke 300lbs this week which is normally always where I falter.
    Exceeded my weekly weight loss goal of 2lbs

AWESOME SAUCE!!! Congrats!!! :smiley:

• b3achy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So sorry you had a tough day @mariecela_moulin, but good for you in dealing with the sad day in a healthier way! I know how you feel, my Dad's birthday would have been last week (7th) and it was a melancholy day for me as well. (((hugs)))

1. What is your must have workout accessory?
    I have two also:
    • My stopwatch (on my watch)
    • www.geodistance.com - which I use to estimate my mileage since I don't use a fitbit or gps.

2. What are your biggest unhealthy weaknesses?
    • My personal expectations - thinking I should have a different number on the scale than what shows up
    • Eating/drinking empty calories - I'm doing better because I want my numbers to be good, so I'm making healthier decisions (or at least planning for including them), but I still struggle with those desires for soda, candy, wine when I probably should be grabbing something more nutritious. At least I have been better at limiting their consumption since I started tracking my calories.
  • missjuicyfruit5
    missjuicyfruit5 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

b3achy wrote: »
    Successes:
    Broke 300lbs this week which is normally always where I falter.
    Exceeded my weekly weight loss goal of 2lbs

AWESOME SAUCE!!! Congrats!!! :smiley:

Thanks x

• jahillegas_51
    jahillegas_51 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Starting Weight June 16: 298
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 293

Weigh In Week
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 0
    Total LBS lost this month:0

Weekly Goals: lose 1 pound!

Struggles: Binge eating disorder

Successes:

Can I help you with overcoming binge eating? I have been there many many times myself over the past few years. Let me know if you would like a friend to help you overcome that:)
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, as this is really working out for many of us I decided to make a group for a weight loss challenge where it will be easier to view our progress. if you are interesting in joining for the month of July please go to the following link and request to join. This will be for the month of July so if you join now please remember to come back to the group the last week of June with your starting weights.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-kill-the-fat-monthly-weight-loss-challenge

Here is the link again for next month. It will be an actual challenge in a group with 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners. I wont donitnin a thread anhmore. No prizes other than the fact that we've lost pounds lol. Gonna and register. Next month we won't take late entries.

Hey - I try to add my name onto the excel sheet but I can't since it is view only. If you can please add me mts7471 that will be great.

Thank you
    Mauli-Molly
  • CKS0806
    Options
    Weigh ins are on Monday

Starting Weight June 176
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 173

Weigh In Week
    June 20:
    June 27:
    July 4:

Total LBS lost this week: 0
    Total LBS lost this month:0

Weekly Goals: lose 1 pound!

Struggles: Sugar weakness
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    mts7471 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, as this is really working out for many of us I decided to make a group for a weight loss challenge where it will be easier to view our progress. if you are interesting in joining for the month of July please go to the following link and request to join. This will be for the month of July so if you join now please remember to come back to the group the last week of June with your starting weights.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-kill-the-fat-monthly-weight-loss-challenge

Here is the link again for next month. It will be an actual challenge in a group with 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners. I wont donitnin a thread anhmore. No prizes other than the fact that we've lost pounds lol. Gonna and register. Next month we won't take late entries.

Hey - I try to add my name onto the excel sheet but I can't since it is view only. If you can please add me mts7471 that will be great.

Thank you
    Mauli-Molly

I am adding the names on there as people register. Have you put your info on the registration discussion? Once it's there I'll add it.
  • CKS0806
    Options
    mts7471 wrote: »

Thank you
    Mauli-Molly

I am adding the names on there as people register. Have you put your info on the registration discussion? Once it's there I'll add it.

I don't see the thread for registration discussion if it's not too much trouble can you send me the link please.
    This morning I added my weight info stuff on the discussion
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
    Options
    Name: typeitdaily

Starting Weight May 29th: 247
    Goal Weight July 3rd:242

Weigh In Week

June 5: 242.6
    June 12: 242
    June 19: 240.4
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 1.6
    Total LBS lost this month: 7.4

Weekly Goals: Stay away from soda and get daily 30-minute walks.
  • 1971_BeckyCM
    1971_BeckyCM Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to end up with a gain this week again. But things are getting settled, and we finally got a stove, and microwave in our new place so I can eat home cooked foods again. I got back to my workouts again today as well after 2 weeks of nothing. I will be back on track for sure by Monday and have a chance to be ready for July's challenge in the group!

I'm also looking for a few friends, if anyone is interested in another friend. I have been on this journey for 7.5 years, lost 60 pounds was my healthiest ever and maintained for five years, and then got hit with health issues that make it difficult to simply focus on calories only, as well as some tough times that even led to drinking for the first time in 20 years. After a year and a half of that I am now 4 months without alcohol. Now I'm going to be trying to get back to No/low Fodmaps so I can feel better again.
  • 1971_BeckyCM
    1971_BeckyCM Posts: 13 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I apologize for not posting yesterday but it was a very difficult day for me and i just needed time away from social media. It was my moms birthday and I went to my usual dark place. The good thing is this time around I didnt use food to comfort myself, I used exercise. Anyway here I am now catching up with you all. I hope you are all stayin strong.

Thank you to those who have kept going with me you keep me moving each day!

I will end with yesterdays and todays quesitons.

1. What is your must have workout accecory?
    2. What are you biggest unhealthy weaknesses?

Sorry it was a tough day for you! I can relate to the difficulty.

At first I thought I don't have one, I try to always have my hrm, but sometimes I just don't want to deal with it. But then I thought about my tracking for this year. No matter how consistent or inconsistent I have been with working out I have been consistent with tracking my weight, and my walking and running miles. SO I would be very upset if I lost that info. After every workout I must log it into my google drive documents and sheets.

My biggest unhealthy weakness is soda and chocolate. It's a major thorn in my side, even having been a year at a time without soda, it still haunted me everyday in my mind like a drug. Very frustrating to be back to having it regularly and knowing that I need to cut it out, but the urge for it won't be gone.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    I think I'm going to end up with a gain this week again. But things are getting settled, and we finally got a stove, and microwave in our new place so I can eat home cooked foods again. I got back to my workouts again today as well after 2 weeks of nothing. I will be back on track for sure by Monday and have a chance to be ready for July's challenge in the group!

I'm also looking for a few friends, if anyone is interested in another friend. I have been on this journey for 7.5 years, lost 60 pounds was my healthiest ever and maintained for five years, and then got hit with health issues that make it difficult to simply focus on calories only, as well as some tough times that even led to drinking for the first time in 20 years. After a year and a half of that I am now 4 months without alcohol. Now I'm going to be trying to get back to No/low Fodmaps so I can feel better again.

Feel free to add me and my friends. I have a great group of supportive people on my list!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Name: Mari

Starting Weight May 29th: 287.8
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 277.8

Weigh In Week

June 4: 285.8
    June 11: 283
    June 18: 280.3
    June 25:
    July 2:

Total LBS lost this week: 2.7 LBS
    Total LBS lost this month: 7.5 LBS

Weekly Goals:

Work out minimum 5 days this week.
    Reach my step goal each day.
    Drink my 3 liters of water each day.
    Weather permitting, walk 3 times this week.

Struggles:
    My sore heel is still a problem but I'm powering through it. Also I'm on my period at the moment so I am sure my loss should have been more but that's OK I'm very happy with the loss I had. My biggest struggle had been my mom's birthday. It really made the week hard to get thru especially the day of.

Successes:
    I am down another 2.7 lbs. I did a boot camp for this week and just about completed it (still need today). While grieving for my mom i didn't comfort myself with food like I usually do. Instead I worked out.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone

Wishing you all a wonderful start to your weekend, Keep strong as this is where most of us struggle.

Question for today.

What was the last NEW FOOD you've tried?
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    The latest new food Ive tried (if it can be counted as food) are green smoothies. Ive began to have them for either breakfast or lunch. Its quite yummy but its been hard for me as im really fond of chewing my food lol.
  • beurredepeanut
    beurredepeanut Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Name: Valérie

Starting Weight May 29th: 182 lbs
    Goal Weight July 2nd: 176 lbs

Weigh In Week

June 4: 179,6
    June 11: 179,6
    June 18: 174
    June 24:
    July 2:

Total LBS lost this week: 5,6
    Total LBS lost this month: 8

I think my 0 pound loss last week probably wasn't actually 0 cause there's no way I lost 5,6 pounds in a week... Regardless, I'm super happy I reached my goal for June :smiley:

Struggles: Still haven't started running again...

Successes: Walked my 10000 steps almost every day and a couple days was close to 15000. Drank my 8 glasses of water every day. Was a really good week :smile:
  • beurredepeanut
    beurredepeanut Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The latest food I tried were the energy balls. I made them with flax seed and peanut butter and other goodies. They were good, but at 100 calories per ball, it's too much for the size of it. I could've easily ate 5-6 in a row. I'll stick with coffee if I need energy :/
  • b3achy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ladies - congrats on the great weight losses this week!!

Latest new food: Zoodles - Zucchini Noodles. I saw one of my friends post about it in their feed and had seen some other article about them. So when I was at the store a week or two ago, I got a Veggetti (~$9 USD), a spiral veggie cutter, to make the veggie noodles. I really like them. They are less overpowering in taste than many of the gluten free pasta options. They are great with spaghetti sauce or with a garlic, butter, parmesan sauce. They are super quick to prepare, and you get an extra serving or two of veggies. My only complaint is they are much less filling to me than pasta, so I do get a bit hungry not too long afterwards. However, I'm always looking for creative ways to get more veggies into my diet.
  • b3achy
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    • Clearly, my scale has figured out my weigh in day is Fridays and continues to attempt to foil my "for record" weigh ins (I've been in the low 143's for the past three days, was sort of hoping to pop down into the high 142's today)

Hahaha...yep, saw 142.6 on the scale this morning...*shakes head* silly scale. Well, it will all add in to a better loss for next week...I hope...