Can't seem to lose weight

Options

Replies

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    I really wish the OP weighed the food and returned. There is no shame in saying "Boy, was I over-estimating!". It would actually be incredibly helpful for many others.

Same. I'm interested to know what happened.
  • Rosefern1
    Rosefern1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just another example of measuring vs. weighing: my cup of grapes (62 cal) actually weighed 180g (121 cal). That's almost twice as many calories!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    I really wish the OP weighed the food and returned. There is no shame in saying "Boy, was I over-estimating!". It would actually be incredibly helpful for many others.

This. Right. Here. I totally agree.

Same, it can help others.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna call troll here. You asked for advice, advice was given. You haven't tried it.
    Here let me help. You're a special snowflake and will gain on 1k cals the rest of your life. You're doomed. Better invest in yoga pants.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It's very disappointing that the OP didn't respond. However, I took the advice in this thread and I broke my plateau finally, after two months. I realized I was definitely overestimating my calorie intake.

So, although this thread was generated by someone who doesn't seem to like solid advice, it benefitted someone else and I'm sure it benefitted more newbies on MFP.

THIS is so awesome!
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It's very disappointing that the OP didn't respond. However, I took the advice in this thread and I broke my plateau finally, after two months. I realized I was definitely overestimating my calorie intake.

So, although this thread was generated by someone who doesn't seem to like solid advice, it benefitted someone else and I'm sure it benefitted more newbies on MFP.

Great job! Glad the advice here helped you! The folks responding on these forums know what they are talking about.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,463 Member
    Options

Awesome! Well done :smile: I'm sure you'll get there.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Yay! I'm so glad you broke your plateau! And thanks for letting us know the advice was helpful. Sometimes it feels like we're just typing into the void here :flowerforyou:
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

Yay! I'm so glad you broke your plateau! And thanks for letting us know the advice was helpful. Sometimes it feels like we're just typing into the void here :flowerforyou:

You're not. :wink:

Some of us just take your advice without feeling the need to argue every last point of it. We should remember to thank all of you more often though :smiley:
  • btodd304
    btodd304 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    aocix wrote: »
    i would die if i ate less? im always so hungry

You say your always hungry. Do you add protein into your diet at all? I saw carbs, vegetables and fruit from what you said. I know you said your arent eating meat but there are other ways of getting protein. That may help with you feeling fuller longer. Yes fruits are good for you but i saw your banana smoothie has 2 to 3 bananas they have a lot of sugar in them so maybe cutting it back to using 1 banana in your smoothie might help.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    did OP ever get back with her "weighed and measured" day? Curious minds...
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    aocix wrote: »
    i dont use a food scale, i dont over eat, i eat a normal amount

I thought I was eating a normal amount. Normal was what I saw people around me eating. I got morbidly obese that way. There is no universal "normal."

ETA: I didn't realize how long this discussion had gotten and I acknowledge that I'm late to the game.
  • musicalityrnb
    musicalityrnb Posts: 53 Member
    Options

You're very welcome. Based off of what I have seen on the boards, it seems like some advice goes through one ear and out the other. There's so much great advice here that I feel like I've found the gold mine to success.
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

You're not. :wink:

Some of us just take your advice without feeling the need to argue every last point of it. We should remember to thank all of you more often though :smiley:

This. Right. Here. I completely agree.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    did OP ever get back with her "weighed and measured" day? Curious minds...

She hasn't been back to MFP since the day after the OP. It probably didn't go the way she had expected and left.
  • MagicalGiraffe
    MagicalGiraffe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This thread just screams honeylisabee 2.0. I wonder what ever happened to her.