On 1200 calories. Need motivation :D

Options

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, glad some new faces are joining us. Welcome all.
    I'm 'older' so my sedentary tdee is around 1500, putting me at 1000 a day if I want to lose one pound a week. I started the weight loss journey in the overweight category according to bmi charts and have made it into the normal area (as near as I can tell by measurements and the 'normal weight' clothes I still have. ;) No scales around here. So I'm losing steadily, probably 4 to 5 pounds a month now with around 1200 calories a day which somedays I vary that lower or on weekends a little over. By the way I 'eyeball' my portions, not a food scale weigher here.

I'll know I've lost all the fat I need to from the mirror, my measurements and a dress that is a favorite.

Best of luck and health everyone.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @gailguardiangas806 - I started AGAIN 6 weeks ago, have lost 13lbs, goal is to lose 85 more, so you will have me around for your entire 40lb journey. Keep plugging away!

@Gamliela - I like your style. I have decided to weigh at my doctor's office every 6 weeks and stay off the scale at home. I am weighing and logging everything for now but hope someday I can be more "normal" and eyeball my portions, too. I love your avatar. I am 61 y.o.

Karen
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It took me two years to loose 40 pounds and I still the stubborn belly fat to loose. The good thing about it, is that I have learn what works and what doesn't and I can stick to it.
  • PashCaline
    PashCaline Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oops, not good. I didn't follow the plan this week :blush:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    LisaJSJ wrote: »
    v
    PashCaline wrote: »
    How are you doing? I find it ok between 1200-1400cal :D

I'm doing okay so far. I have managed to stay under 1200 each day. I am not finding it too hard.

When does everyone weigh themselves? Every day or once a week?
    Why are you eating below 1200 calories? :neutral: There's a reason why 1200 is the minimum for women.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    KimOrley wrote: »
    You "need" motivation because you're starving girl, eat something. Go to iifym.com's TDEE calculator. Calculate your TDEE and multiply it by 0.8. That's how many calories you should be eating. I doubt it's 1200.

I just did mine on there and it came out at 1220, so for some of us 1200ish is where we need to be :smile:

ha, mine is 1179. I'll never understand why some people seem to think we don't exist.

If it's that low then you shouldn't be cutting by 20% because you don't gave much weight to lose and you definitely are not active enough.

this thread isn't about me, but.... mfp currently has me set at 1250 calories a day and I'm eating about 1150 on sedentary days (simply wasn't losing at 1250), and on days I don't just sit on my *kitten* all day I log half of my exercise minutes and eat those as well. I'm doing stronglifts so I'm only at the gym 3 days a week but when the weather is good I walk a lot as well, for hours somedays. and I walk to and from the gym which is a half hour each way. plus I'm only 3 pounds away from my goal weight so I'll be switching to maintenance soon.

Did you chose to lose .5lbs per week? Just wondering. :)
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    bump
  • sk11mra
    sk11mra Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm in week 7 and have lost 8kg (18 lbs). I'm on 1200 cals per day, although if I get my 10k step target I can actually eat 1600 which makes a huge difference on the hunger pangs. My average intake is actually around 1500. Gum and Coke Zero have been my friend!
  • kolias14
    kolias14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 1200 club haha. Anyone feel free to add me. I'm looking to lose about 50 lbs *tear* gained a lot of weight the past 6 months.
  • gailguardiangas806
    gailguardiangas806 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kolias14 wrote: »
    I'm in the 1200 club haha. Anyone feel free to add me. I'm looking to lose about 50 lbs *tear* gained a lot of weight the past 6 months.

• gailguardiangas806
    gailguardiangas806 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I am on 1200 a day, that's ok but weight loss is soooo slow. To lose 40lb feels like it will take for ever
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    bump
  • jakefitzgerald93
    jakefitzgerald93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

No offence but why are you all on so little calories? Whats going to happen after you reach your goal, all your hard work might reversed when you starting eating 'normal' again.

Up your calories and control your macros instead :) worked for me!
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Hi everyone!

No offence but why are you all on so little calories? Whats going to happen after you reach your goal, all your hard work might reversed when you starting eating 'normal' again.

Up your calories and control your macros instead :) worked for me!

No offense taken! I can't answer for the others, but my calories were set by my bariatric endocrinologist after doing the appropriate tests to determine BMR, taking into account my age, body comp, and lifestyle. Thanks for asking!

• misskim119
    misskim119 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lookimg to 25 on 1200 calories and need motivation
  • ktrinka9
    ktrinka9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started. I have 15 lbs to lose. Struggling to get started. Need some friends to help keep me motivated. I am also at 1200 cals per day
  • KetoneKaren
    edited June 2016
    Options
    bump
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It took me two years to loose 40 pounds and I still the stubborn belly fat to loose. The good thing about it, is that I have learn what works and what doesn't and I can stick to it.

Congrats losing and keeping the weight off. Did you lose steadily or did you have losses and some plateaus along the way? Two years isn't long in the big scheme, especially since it helped you to stabilize for the long term.
  • Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 1200 here too. 62lbs to lose. I can't yet eat at 1200 though but when I exercise and maintain portion control, I get there. Sometimes, I carry my calorie deficits to another day when I can't workout or want to eat an extra something.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me 5-8kg ideally to lose. 1200-1300 per day depending on exercise. Nine months postpartum