Calling turbo fire fanatics!!! =D

Options

Replies

• kmdehart
    kmdehart Posts: 3
    Options
    I LOVE turbo fire. I admit that I dont use the workout calander that was provided with it. I went through each dvd and found the ones i like the best: fire45, fire60, hiit25 and core 30. I alternate through those weekly, I also life free weights every other day. Try to stick with it. the results are amazing!!!
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    I LOVE turbo fire. I admit that I dont use the workout calander that was provided with it. I went through each dvd and found the ones i like the best: fire45, fire60, hiit25 and core 30. I alternate through those weekly, I also life free weights every other day. Try to stick with it. the results are amazing!!!

Thanks. Yeah, I want to stick with the calendar for now, at least through the prep schedule to build my strength and endurance. BUT I love my Zumba and I gotta work it in somehow. I am definitely going to stick with TF because all I hear are positive things about it.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Wow, you girls are really doin' it! I hope I don't hate the abs workout when I get to it...that's the area I need to work the most :blushing:. I wish I could do the 5-Day Inferno, but I'm afraid I'll injure something..lol. I'm just going to stick with the prep schedule as long as I'm burning up those calories and work my way up. Do any of you ladies stick to the routine completely, you know, doing it 6 days a week? Because I was wondering if I could fit in some Zumba on the days where it's just a stretch class.

I'm sticking with the 20 week hybrid schedule. There are definitely days when I could throw zumba in there if I had the desire to. My kids have chosen my free time activities though so I'm a hostage until school starts again. LOL
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well! Way to keep on track!

I completed HIIT 20 today and I actually did the Stretch too, and I loved it.

Burned a sad 152 calories.

Have a great night!
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Okay so I did do an hour of Zumba before my Stretch 40 Class for a really great burn and welcomed stretch.

Shakemybooty, I know what you mean about your free time. I actually felt a little guilty about exercising for so long instead of spending time with my son so I already know I won't be doing that too often.

Mariabee, in my eyes, there is no such thing as a sad burn, as long as we're burning!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Morning!! HIIT 20 and Tone 30 this morning. I called Chalene crazy whiile doing the plank tricep extensions. :laugh:

Stephanie, I get up in the wee hours of the morning to workout now. I work outside the home and that takes me away from the family for 12 hours a day. I used to workout when I got home (also when I worked closer to home) but still felt guilty, whcih is why I changed my workout time to the morning. It's my little bit of time to spend on me and not feel guilty about it. Yes, I do go to bed early but by that time my kids have had enough of me. :laugh:
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    55EZ & Stretch 10 today. My left knee is hurting and the bottoms of my feet. The shoes that make my knees not hurt, kill my feet. The shoes that are good on my feet, kill my knees. There is something wrong with my body. LOL

I didn't workout yesterday. I was mentally and physically beat down. I didn't sleep all night long. The only reason that I worked out today was because I was already pumped up about finally fixing one of our computers that has been bugging the crap out of me for weeks now. The victory dance had lots of shakin goin on! :drinker:
  • mariabee
    Options
    Good job shakemybooty!

I've done the last few workouts bare foot, have you tried that? It's not the best for balance, but it'll probably help your feet?

So today was HIIT 15 and Sculpt 30, burn of 195.

Have a great Thursday!
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Morning!! HIIT 20 and Tone 30 this morning. I called Chalene crazy whiile doing the plank tricep extensions. :laugh:

Stephanie, I get up in the wee hours of the morning to workout now. I work outside the home and that takes me away from the family for 12 hours a day. I used to workout when I got home (also when I worked closer to home) but still felt guilty, whcih is why I changed my workout time to the morning. It's my little bit of time to spend on me and not feel guilty about it. Yes, I do go to bed early but by that time my kids have had enough of me. :laugh:

LOL!! I can identify! I do get up early to work out before work when I have a short workout to do, but not during the summer because we have "summer hours" at work (7 a.m. - 4 p.m.), and it's a 45 min. drive so I'd have to get up way too early. But yeah I might go back to that once the summer is over.
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Thanks, shakemybooty for mentioning your shoe issues. My knees hurt sometimes, but I had no idea it could be my shoes. What do you know...I think I'm going to have to make the sacrifice and go shoe shopping :wink: I did Tone 30 last night and while it's not my fave, it's necessary and the time goes by really quickly.
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    HIIT 25 and Sculpt 30 today. Sculpt 30 was less painful than it used to be. I even managed to do the bowler's lunges without falling over. Woo hoo!!

Cee-I'm even washing my HRM strap right now. Amazing isn't it? I know you're proud of me!!

Stephinow-My asics gel shoes are my favorites. I have really really high arches. I think I only walk on the outer edge of my feet and the fat spot right under my big toe. My cross trainers don't have enough cushion by my big toe and they rub my feet raw. My feet hurt so bad yesterday I walked around in my brand spankin new gel shoes at home all day for some relief. Wore my gels again today and my knee feels fine (with the knee brace) and my feet don't hurt despite all the jumping in HIIT 25.
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    im just seeing this thread for the first time...i started TF this past monday the 27th. i wanted sundays to be my rest day instead of wednesdays so im following the schedule but worked right thru wednesday so i can rest sunday.
    today i did 30/10. i love it!!!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Welcome Lizzie! I love TF. Her workouts seem to go by so fast!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Welcome Lizzie! I love TF. Her workouts seem to go by so fast!
  • Stephinow
    Options
    im just seeing this thread for the first time...i started TF this past monday the 27th. i wanted sundays to be my rest day instead of wednesdays so im following the schedule but worked right thru wednesday so i can rest sunday.

Hi, Lizzie, welcome! I just started TF on Monday also, but I am doing the prep schedule and I am taking Wed as my rest day because I realized that it is pretty easy for me to get a workout in on the weekends since I'm off work. This is a great group!
  • mariabee
    Options

Welcome Lizzie!

I cheated and :blushing: didn't do Fire 55 today because I played some tennis... boo on me. But killer burn. Same for tomorrow if the weather holds out...

I'm planning on bringing some videos with me to do on vacation... do you guys think I should stick to the schedule, or just take a week off from the schedule and just do the shorter videos? I'm going to Vegas people, do you know how hard it's going to be to do Fire 55 in a hotel room hung over :drinker: ?? Ahhh, here come the excuses!
  • Stephinow
    Options
    I cheated and :blushing: didn't do Fire 55 today because I played some tennis... boo on me. But killer burn. Same for tomorrow if the weather holds out...

I'm planning on bringing some videos with me to do on vacation... do you guys think I should stick to the schedule, or just take a week off from the schedule and just do the shorter videos? I'm going to Vegas people, do you know how hard it's going to be to do Fire 55 in a hotel room hung over :drinker: ?? Ahhh, here come the excuses!

Mariabee, I live in Vegas, and yeah I would shoot for the shorter vids...lol. Have a great time :)
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Cee-I'm even washing my HRM strap right now. Amazing isn't it? I know you're proud of me!!
    Very!! :bigsmile:

Fire 45 and Abs 10 today. Killed Fire 45. I love that one! Have a good one, y'all!
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Hey, ladies! I did Fire 45 EZ/Stretch 10 yesterday for an awesome burn. And I actually liked it!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Same workouts as Cee. i was glad it was the "boom I got your boyfriend" one because i needed a pick me up at that point! LOL

Mariabee-I would have a hard time doing these in vegas!! LOL