Bookworms

Options

Replies

• EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Here! Ugh it cut off my whole response. Anyway I have been a bookworm since middle school when I discovered Christopher Pike and RL Stine. They were my escape from a hard life and I would devour books and get lost in them. Was always in the library taking max amount of books. My faves now are Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Lisa Jackson, Lisa Gardner, Karin Slaughter. I read other genres too but mystery is my fave. I always come back to my whodunit's.

I still have most of my Pike and Stine books...lol... I have a hard time letting go of books.

I mostly like Fantasy books like the Harry Potter series and Mortal Instruments series but I also like some thriller authors like Koontz and King.

Right now I am reading 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People'. Not a fantasy novel but still a great read. :smiley:
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    a great source for ebooks for free is the Gutenberg project. they have well over 50,000 books. It seems just about any book that is out of copyright can be found there.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love books as well (no Kindle or electronic devices for me - love the library and the feel of a book in my hands). I especially like mysteries and crime novels. I'm currently reading the Inspector Erlendur series by Arnaldur Indriðason. Then on to the Jesse Stone series.

Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lilthings1
    lilthings1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just bought Zoo 2. By James Patterson. Loved the first one.
  • wonderwoman8613
    wonderwoman8613 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a bookworm . I LOVE a good mystery . I am currently reading Stalking The Puzzle Lady by Parnell Hall . I am also hooked on the Cat Who series.
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Love to hear what everyone is reading! Just finished I Said Yes, by Emily Maynard Johnson. Kind of a fluff type book, but some behind the scenes of The Bachelor were interesting.
  • marleebeale
    marleebeale Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love reading! I used to work at the public library!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Yay reading!!!! I'm going retro, and reading The Stepford Wives. I just finished The Whites, which is probably the best "mystery" I've ever read.

Pro tip: if you feel guilty about the time you spend reading and not moving, read on a recumbent stationary bike.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm a bookworm. I read 3-5 books a week. I read a lot of Fantasy...but I like a lot of different genres. Right now Amazon has all the Pat Conroy books as part of their kindle unlimited so I went back and read the Prince of Tides and The Great Santini. I love those books. He died in March so it kinda prompted me.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    me too! me too! me too!

i read on my commute on the train and in the sun on the weekends, and anywhere else i can get a chance.
    I'm a bookworm. I read 3-5 books a week. I read a lot of Fantasy...but I like a lot of different genres. Right now Amazon has all the Pat Conroy books as part of their kindle unlimited so I went back and read the Prince of Tides and The Great Santini. I love those books. He died in March so it kinda prompted me.

I LOVE prince of tides, i think i've read it 4 times, i didn't realize he passed away. :(
  • mayoosh_primrose
    mayoosh_primrose Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    jader8993 wrote: »
    Right here! Aside from reading my textbooks I'm currently reading a storm of swords from the song of ice and fire series!

How is it? :star: I stopped at A clash of Kings :/
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    jader8993 wrote: »
    Right here! Aside from reading my textbooks I'm currently reading a storm of swords from the song of ice and fire series!

How is it? :star: I stopped at A clash of Kings :/

i know you didn't actually ask me - but i really liked the whole series so far, now if we could only get the next book before hbo blows it all to hell . . .
  • mayoosh_primrose
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    Yay reading!!!! I'm going retro, and reading The Stepford Wives. I just finished The Whites, which is probably the best "mystery" I've ever read.

Pro tip: if you feel guilty about the time you spend reading and not moving, read on a recumbent stationary bike.

I do that actually!! Time doesn't exactly flow by but it's more efficient :lol:

• mayoosh_primrose
    Options

3-5 books a week! I finish 2 and a half and people gape at me :lol: Keep up the great work!!!

• mayoosh_primrose
    Options

i know you didn't actually ask me - but i really liked the whole series so far, now if we could only get the next book before hbo blows it all to hell . . .

Thanks! Will give it another shot once I finish the Steinbeck book I'm reading :smiley: What are you currently reading? ;)
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I just started Wildwood by Colin Meloy of The Decemberists. It's YA fantasy but I'm loving his writing. I'm not surprised, his songwriting is amazing.
  • keodell1966
    Options
    I love reading! I used to work at the public library!

Oh awesome. My dream job! Though I'm not sure I would get anything done if I worked there.

• keodell1966
    Options
    Reading Before the Fall by Noah Hawley. Loving it already.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I don't really have time to read, but I love audiobooks.