Can't seem to lose weight

Options
1234568»

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    This thread just screams honeylisabee 2.0. I wonder what ever happened to her.

She was around a couple months back, using her regular name.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    This thread just screams honeylisabee 2.0. I wonder what ever happened to her.

Ok, now I need to know. Who is that?
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Shhhhh......remember what happens in movies if you speak the name three times
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If you accurately counting. You have to make sure you count the butte and sugar you put in your oatmeal. Things like pasta can be very calorie dense. Putting butter on your pasta might be an Issue. Just with the pasta you can go over. I use a fit bit and let it count my steps. It will let you know how many calories you are burn more closely.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Too late, it's been quoted twice, plus the original! :laugh:
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Too late, it's been quoted twice, plus the original! :laugh:

We're doomed....
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    OP, you are not measuring anything so as others have said, it is very likely you are overeating everyday. Your eyes are not a measuring cup. You do not have a set calorie goal you are staying within. You are just guessing and eating. If you have been doing this for 7 months as you said and have not lost any weight but rather have gained weight, you are overeating. You can overeat on the healthiest of foods. Please invest in a $20 buck food scale.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    aocix wrote: »
    I'm 5'5 and weight 170 pounds. I haven't eaten any sweets/pastries for over 7 months and I've also stopped eating meat now for 4-5 months. And I haven't lost a pound at all just gained one or two pounds. Is there something im doing wrong?
    I'm too lazy to work out but i do have a 8hr job which includes a lot of movement

My usual food consumption in a day:
    07:30 breakfast- Oatmeal or porridge
    10:30 snack- Banana smoothie or a fruit
    13:00 lunch- vegetables or a sandwich or Salad
    15:00 Snack- a fruit or usually skip this snack
    18:00 Dinner- Pasta or steamed vegetables or fish or a sandwich

I'm going to mention my experience and perhaps it'll fit your circumstances. I noticed you're eating a lot of carbs. Oatmeal, bread from sandwiches and pasta. When we don't exercise our body turns carbs into sugar for energy and if not used, we store it as fat. You seem to be active because you've only gained a few pounds from this type of eating. I tried it too because my sisters are both slender and are vegans and vegetarians. I thought if I ate like they did I'd become slim too. I tried it for 4 months and gained 14 pounds. I measured, I weighed, I logged, I felt good but I was going up the scale, not down.

Then I went to see a Nutritionist who suggested a high protein diet and low carb. It worked for me but like I mentioned before, everyone is different. Now my diet consist of high protein, egg whites, chicken, protein drinks(no or low carbs and sugar),fish, etc. and veggies. Some low sugar fruit like berries too. It has made all the difference to my health and my lab report shows it. Maybe this type of eating is something to consult with your own doctors.

I wish you a safe journey and good health. :D
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think her disappearance tells us everything. Either she just stomped off in an angry huff or she logged properly for a day and saw what was going on.

Had she discovered she'd been eyeballing correctly or even under you can guarantee she'd have been back here to let us all know just how wrong we are!

I was kinda hoping she would come back and say "Wow, you guys are right! I've been eating way too much. I didn't know my "eye-balling" was so off! Thanks for steering me in the right direction." But I'm glad to see that at least two individuals saw themselves in this thread and benefited from the information contained within.
  • Day_knee
    Day_knee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    brwelch1 wrote: »
    I'm gonna call troll here. You asked for advice, advice was given. You haven't tried it.
    Here let me help. You're a special snowflake and will gain on 1k cals the rest of your life. You're doomed. Better invest in yoga pants.

this made me spit out my tea...."you're a special snowflake" bahahaha