Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Most Canadians would just rather have beer and poutine than argue about stuff
    *Most* not all
  • synchkat
    or talk about hockey
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    Really? :joy::joy::joy: Imma tell my bf that a bunch of people on an internet forum though I was English, and he'll be so proud of what he's done to me :joy:

This is actually funny :joy::joy::joy: Maybe my next catfish persona will be an English maid. (See what I did there :joy:). I wanna see if I could pull it off.

Bye lads. I'm off to afternoon biscuits and shortbread. And no, I'm not sharing.

Don't be brassed off, it's bugger all, so you can get your own.

Hahah jen that made no sense.
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Sod off you wanker :angry:
  • jenmar222
    Ok I'll stop :joy:
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    *Most* not all

i'm american and i'll take the beer but have no clue what a poutine is. :|
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    I'll teach you some real ones one day jen..
  • jenmar222
    *Most* not all

That's the thing...Americans love to argue. Even look at these forum boards :joy: People can't discuss which kind of lettuce they prefer without getting into petty arguments :joy:
  • IAmThunderHawk
    IAmThunderHawk Posts: 231 Member
    Evening all!

Oh haiii new guy. I like your glasses!

Cheers maid :smiley:

Maid? :joy: You're from England? Usually your guys' pet names can melt a girl, but....maid? O_o :joy:

Yep, southwest England.

Do you watch footy? What team do you support? :joy: (If you're from the UK, that's the first thing I ask you :joy:)

Nope. Rugby boy me.

What's wrong with ya? :scream: You fail me as an English man.

I can't do Rugby. I'd stick with American football over that.

Nothing. It's a much better sport in my opinion
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    *Most* not all

That's the thing...Americans love to argue. Even look at these forum boards :joy: People can't discuss which kind of lettuce they prefer without getting into petty arguments :joy:

Hey missy! I object!!! *tosses out token arguments* but really. :) we all aren't alike :)
  • jenmar222
    edited June 2016
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    *Most* not all

i'm american and i'll take the beer but have no clue what a poutine is. :|

It's like everything fatty poured over french fries, right? See I don't know how Canadians can get away with eating that, yet Americans are considered the fat country (And the rest of us are guilty by association I guess O_o)
  • synchkat
    I always think it's like the US is the big brother and Canada is the shrinking violet little brother.
    but we have good beer and poutine (Tom it's fries with gravy and cheese curds)
  • VikMcAnik
    VikMcAnik Posts: 17,222 Member
    Lol Canadian/American....don't know the difference ya'll the same to me

Whoa, whoa, whoa... That's like saying Scottish/English, you're all the same to me.
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    So, I was driving home from the gym and my car can get 30-33 miles to the gallon, but the last couple of times I've filled up I'm averaging 21 miles to the gallon and I can't figure out why.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning normies and @Mr_stabbems :D
    How is everyone ..hope the sick list is feeling better :*
  • synchkat
    That's weird Lisa. I never look at that stuff. Of course I don't really drive a heck of a lot

Morning Jo.

I'm all better thanks.
  • LiftingLisa
    Morning Jo.

I don't know why I look, but I do. When my hubs drives my car he can get 28 mpg, but he drives like a grandpa.
  • VikMcAnik
    FLgirl40 wrote: »
    So, I was driving home from the gym and my car can get 30-33 miles to the gallon, but the last couple of times I've filled up I'm averaging 21 miles to the gallon and I can't figure out why.

Start with the simple stuff. Tire pressures, Engine Air filter. If those are fine you may need a more in depth diagnostic. Checking for misfires and the like, as well as checking your emissions system. Can't tell you much more than that from where I am, sorry.
  • LiftingLisa
    Thanks Vik. I get it serviced all the time and just got new tires. Maybe it's the tires. Who knows.
  • VikMcAnik
    Good morning normies and @Mr_stabbems :D
    How is everyone ..hope the sick list is feeling better :*

I think I'm starting to feel better now. Sore throat is passing so I shouldn't be sick for much longer.