Waist training?

2»

Replies

• SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    edited June 2016
    The dehydration trick has been used by body builders for years. They dehydrate themselves to make their muscles look more pronounced, does not make you fit, just means you're thirsty.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I wear one while I work out! Traps in the heat to your core. It fits snug so it's not suffocating me at all. More swear to my core!

No, just no.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    I wear one while I work out! Traps in the heat to your core. It fits snug so it's not suffocating me at all. More swear to my core!

And makes your core and back muscles weaker as they don't need to work as effectively
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

This is a very bad idea.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2016

This is a really bad thing to do because really "heat" means this

More heat in your core? You mean it makes you sweat? That doesn't do anything but dehydrate you. Where the hell did this idea that sweat = fit come from?

And also it means that this happens which is a negative effect against the energy you're putting in

And makes your core and back muscles weaker as they don't need to work as effectively

So basically
    TR0berts wrote: »

This is a very bad idea.

And I would add an independent thought of "Please don't do it "
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Corsets are great, I really enjoy them. I'm not really sure those cloth "waist trainers" do much of anything though. Real waist trainers you have to get professionally fitted and yes they do work. The people above are uninformed and just throwing out their opinions. Check out Dita Von Teese. years and years of waist training works. However, you're not losing weight, you're redistributing it. Also, it's probably not the best for your body medically speaking when you're moving around organs and muscles and whatnot. If you're getting one of those cloth ones (which I suspect you are becuase those are so popular lately) I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Corsets are great, I really enjoy them. I'm not really sure those cloth "waist trainers" do much of anything though. Real waist trainers you have to get professionally fitted and yes they do work. The people above are uninformed and just throwing out their opinions. Check out Dita Von Teese. years and years of waist training works. However, you're not losing weight, you're redistributing it. Also, it's probably not the best for your body medically speaking when you're moving around organs and muscles and whatnot. If you're getting one of those cloth ones (which I suspect you are becuase those are so popular lately) I'm sure you'll be fine.

A properly fitted corset is a very different, and very different matter but again would need to be worn 23/7 over years to affect any semi permanent change. This thread is about waist trainers

I think you'll find most of the people are not throwing out baseless opinions on waist trainers...but please...if you have any proof to the contrary please do share it. I'm sure we would all like to read any proper studies on effectiveness of waist trainees
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member

Wat?? You enjoy getting your insides rearranged but not the best for your body medically speaking? LOL
  • SassyMommasaurus
    I've had my insides rearranged 3 times in my life, was worth it in the end but not the funnest, It gave me horrible heartburn. lol

If you don't get it I'm talking about pregnancy.The only natural organ rearranging there is and even that isn't always safe.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    I've had my insides rearranged 3 times in my life, was worth it in the end but not the funnest, It gave me horrible heartburn. lol

If you don't get it I'm talking about pregnancy.The only natural organ rearranging there is and even that isn't always safe.
    And in that way it was probably very much like waist training!

exactly lol
  • girl_inflames
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Wat?? You enjoy getting your insides rearranged but not the best for your body medically speaking? LOL

Indeed, what is life if you can't enjoy it?
  • girl_inflames
    edited June 2016
    Sued0nim wrote: »

A properly fitted corset is a very different, and very different matter but again would need to be worn 23/7 over years to affect any semi permanent change. This thread is about waist trainers

I think you'll find most of the people are not throwing out baseless opinions on waist trainers...but please...if you have any proof to the contrary please do share it. I'm sure we would all like to read any proper studies on effectiveness of waist trainees

Comments like "no, just no." and whatnot are the comments I'm referring to. Yes, there are some people who are putting good thought process into their comments too...but I'm moreso referring to the people who aren't even giving constructive information and just giving an opinion. I'll look for studies when I'm not at work if you'd like, although I'm not sure why you'd like those. Waist trainers are purely asthetic, and I never said they were healthy or unhealthy for you.

Also, I am aware this is a thread about waist trainers. Look up real waist trainers -- they're almost the same as a corset but they thread tighter and they're more solidly built as well as they generally only encompass the waist area. They will change your shape if you use them long enough (and yes we're speaking of a matter of months) Those are what I'm referring to.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member

Comments like "no, just no." and whatnot are the comments I'm referring to. Yes, there are some people who are putting good thought process into their comments too...but I'm moreso referring to the people who aren't even giving constructive information and just giving an opinion. I'll look for studies when I'm not at work if you'd like, although I'm not sure why you'd like those. Waist trainers are purely asthetic, and I never said they were healthy or unhealthy for you.

Also, I am aware this is a thread about waist trainers. Look up real waist trainers -- they're almost the same as a corset but they thread tighter and they're more solidly built as well as they generally only encompass the waist area. They will change your shape if you use them long enough (and yes we're speaking of a matter of months) Those are what I'm referring to.

This is a forum, every post is an opinion, including yours. Your opinion is no more valuable than anyone else.

You are nothing but a child, you have no concept of the long term damage that can be caused. But don't worry, you'll probably get older and wiser.
  • futurecatlady
    futurecatlady Posts: 6 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Actually, we all have natural "waist trainers" and those would be our abdominal muscles. Keep your stomach muscles tight and maintain proper posture and there you have it: waist training. Add in ab workouts and eat fewer calories than you burn and you may get to see your waist trainer.

In other words, the muscles are already there. We just need to put them to use. Consciously and consistently.

I agree. You'll likely have far more "permanent" results by working on the muscles and decreasing body fat to help tone and shape within the confines of your particular body structure or type.

Waist trainers/corsets are really only good for temporary "shaping". Although I've seen some professionals say if they are used as a self-esteem booster/motivational point, there can be some good from that end-- but the actual wearing-of-trainer isn't going to product long term results.

Also advise to avoid wearing while excising. These can constrict some of your muscle movement and breathing, which doesn't exactly help the purpose of the work out.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    edited June 2016

Yeah... No.

ETA... Informed opinion is that they look like someone squeezed the middle of a tube of toothpaste. Ridiculous.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2016

There is a reason there were fainting couches back when people wore corsets...just sayin'.