Clean Eating Club ~ Dec. 3-7

Options
1235»

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I decded I couldn't follow your rules jusst yet. will work on my food chart and get that down before I takle anything else. You are a nice group of people. Thanks
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I decded I couldn't follow your rules jusst yet. will work on my food chart and get that down before I takle anything else. You are a nice group of people. Thanks

Hey, Caliecat. :smile:

There are no hard and fast rules here, but I know that clean eating -- and even just healthy eating sometimes -- can seem overwhelming. I've been there, too. Everyone has to find what works for them at any given time.

Good luck! :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options

Hey, Caliecat. :smile:

There are no hard and fast rules here, but I know that clean eating -- and even just healthy eating sometimes -- can seem overwhelming. I've been there, too. Everyone has to find what works for them at any given time.

Thanks, I have been on the Core WW program so I have been eating lota of grains and love them. Will fixed me some Steele cut oatmeal tonight
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    :

I agree w/ Cheryl! Don't feel like you can't post here if you don't eat 100% clean! We all have our days, but we try to make cleaner choices when possible!

Jess
  • cherapple
    Options
    Thanks, I have been on the Core WW program so I have been eating lota of grains and love them. Will fixed me some Steele cut oatmeal tonight

I did WW for over a year, starting with Flex, and most recently I tried Core after I gained much of the weight back. I maintained on Core, but didn't lose because I ate too much (or at least that's what I thought at the time). It didn't give me enough of a structure for portion sizes and when to eat. Clean eating is very similar to Core in the types of foods you focus on eating, and I think that's why I had such an easy time switching. I was already half way there! :smile:
  • jawaria
    Options
    Ok here i am! So today i'll blame all of u Americans for making milky way and lay's chips taste sooo gud! :laugh: It's that time of the month and i crave chips and chocolate!
    But today is a new day! I had my chocolate yesterday and I am in full going clean and excercising mode again!
    ok so a few questions! how bad is diet pepsi for me? i am addicted to it! i rarely had it until in caqme to the us and it's everywhere and sooooooo addictive! Secondly is deli meat ok as far clean eating or even in trying to lose wweight? if not what are the alternatives?
    I have never watched what i ate, it was healthy stuff all around as i was growing up! However now it's a struggle because even if i cook Pakistani meals the meat is processed or stuff tastes funny! plus it's too much work!
    So pls what are aquick easy ways to eat healthier meals? Does it make sense? I'm lost when it comes to lunch and dinner?
    I was also reading ur posts about IBS...I am not sure what it feels like but i've noticed since I ccame to the Us, i often get terrible stomach aches...often to the point where i need to find a bathroom and i'm sitting there sweating. it's a pain that feels like gas and becomes painful where i sweat and sometimes even feel lightheaded...i have hypoglycemia so maybe the lightheadeness from there but i
    have noticed i get it more if i eat out a lot...is that ibs or i'm just a lost cause! lol!
    also is there a way to make water taste gud? i drank water all the time bcoz pepsi or coke was a rare treat but now i've become 'americanised' in the sense that i like other stuff better and water tastes yucky!
    i know i sound like a crazy person but am telling u, food can really erase any and all cultural barriers! lol!
    Help me please!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Ok here i am! So today i'll blame all of u Americans for making milky way and lay's chips taste sooo gud! :laugh: It's that time of the month and i crave chips and chocolate!
    But today is a new day! I had my chocolate yesterday and I am in full going clean and excercising mode again!
    ok so a few questions! how bad is diet pepsi for me? i am addicted to it! i rarely had it until in caqme to the us and it's everywhere and sooooooo addictive! Secondly is deli meat ok as far clean eating or even in trying to lose wweight? if not what are the alternatives?
    I have never watched what i ate, it was healthy stuff all around as i was growing up! However now it's a struggle because even if i cook Pakistani meals the meat is processed or stuff tastes funny! plus it's too much work!
    So pls what are aquick easy ways to eat healthier meals? Does it make sense? I'm lost when it comes to lunch and dinner?
    I was also reading ur posts about IBS...I am not sure what it feels like but i've noticed since I ccame to the Us, i often get terrible stomach aches...often to the point where i need to find a bathroom and i'm sitting there sweating. it's a pain that feels like gas and becomes painful where i sweat and sometimes even feel lightheaded...i have hypoglycemia so maybe the lightheadeness from there but i
    have noticed i get it more if i eat out a lot...is that ibs or i'm just a lost cause! lol!
    also is there a way to make water taste gud? i drank water all the time bcoz pepsi or coke was a rare treat but now i've become 'americanised' in the sense that i like other stuff better and water tastes yucky!
    i know i sound like a crazy person but am telling u, food can really erase any and all cultural barriers! lol!
    Help me please!

Hahaha, you are so cute!!! LOL @ the Americans making chips & chocolate taste so good!! :laugh: My dh works with a lot of Indian men and they talk about how many desserts that Americans have and how their desserts don't taste as good either. :laugh:

My take on Diet Pepsi... I cut it out almost 3 years ago (although for me it was Diet Coke!!) I found that with the aspartame in it, it caused me to have bad migraines (headaches). I think it is ok in smaller doses, but I definitely recommend water. Add some lemon or lime to your water for a little flavor if you need to. I just love my plain water though, I drink it all day long!

IBS = Irritable bowel syndrome And yes, you can get an attack of it like that- terrible gut pain, sudden urge to have to go to the bathroom, sweats, etc. It's NOT fun. It tends to hit me when I eat out at restaurants, I think it must be some of the additives in foods. I guess that's why I don't enjoy eating out that often.

Hope that helps and please ask if you have more questions!

Jess
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Secondly is deli meat ok as far clean eating or even in trying to lose wweight? if not what are the alternatives?

I've been wondering the same about deli meat - lean deli turkey breast is way better for you than say, bologna or salami. But I know there are still some additives. So, I've been buying the Oscar Mayer Naturals - there is less processing and less extra additives in it.

Like Cheryl & Jess have said, you don't have to follow this 100% of the time - just do the best you can!! I know I don't eat clean all the time, but I feel so much better when I do!

As far as diet pepsi - I've noticed that it's harder for me to lose when I drink it regularly! I try to stick with water, milk, or green tea, but I'll probably have a diet pepsi or diet coke once a week - a rare treat, like you said!

I don't know if anyone has seen or heard of this before, but there is a product called True Lemon (http://www.truelemon.com/) that you could add to your water. Then you could take some wherever you went! But be careful if you are lactose intolerant, I think it has lactose in it.
  • jawaria
    Options
    Thanks! It makes sense what was making me sick! I will definitely watch out what i eat now onwards! I can't be bias when it comes to sweets...I like all of them lol!
    what about deli meat? is it healthy or is there a good alternative?
  • jawaria
    Options
    Thanks Shar! i got ur reply after i posted the deli meat question again! Thanks!
  • cherapple
    Options
    Help me please!

Hi, Jawaria!

Same here on that "time of the month"! I've been feeling like a bottomless pit, I'd love some chocolate, and I can't lay off the nuts! :laugh:

I will eat deli meat as long as it doesn't have any added sugar. I eat the leaner varieties like turkey. I can't do diet drinks because, like Jess, the chemicals give me headaches. I figure that probably saves me from some health issues that diet products can cause! :laugh:

As for healthier lunch and dinner ideas, you can look at the kinds of things that we eat when we post our meals here. I highly recommend the Eat-Clean diet books, if you can afford them. (It might make a perfect Christmas present request! :bigsmile: )

Sometimes I will add lemon juice to water, or you could even add a small amount of any kind of juice. Flavored Stevia is good, too, which I've done in the past. Stevia is an artificial sweetener that is supposed to be healthier, but it still bothers some people, or they don't like the taste of it. I felt like it made me thirstier in drinks, but I still like it in my oatmeal, yogurt, and hot cocoa. What about unsweetened iced herbal tea? Yum! But I prefer my water plain now.
  • sehar35
    sehar35 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    any pakistani???
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    shar140 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a "clean" (or cleaner?) alternative to sports drinks like Gatorade? It wasn't so bad before they added HFCS to the formula a few years ago (at least the powdered mix doesn't contain HFCS...yet). When I am doing heavy cardio or exercise outdoors in the summer heat, I do need it.

I've seen a recipe to make your own from OJ, water, & salt....but that would limit my flavors to just orange! Plus...I'd have to keep it cold then, I'd think? (hard to do when you're walking in 90+ degree heat for long periods!)

Not sure if it's considered clean but I like to make a drink of...

24 oz water, 1 - 2 lemons squeezed and a tablespoon of honey.