Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @cgibs87 that Gamma one is awesome right?! I love it @motivatedsister and me are definitely. Feeling the burns there. I absolutely love it. I think Beta was my fave set of dvds as everything seemed more doable to me Gamma is a little too hard and have to push myself but still love the dvds.

@supersimonesquirrel oh no I hope the foot feels better soon. Sometimes better to recover and stretch and can sometimes give your body the boost AND we'll deserved rest it needs. Hope you heal well keep us updated your doing brilliantly.

@silverbulletsuk good luck with your last week of Alpha it's such a great feeling to be done with the first phase and to know you managed to stick to a plan for 5weeks! I think you are going to love Beta!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Ohhh and my weekly update: I do not think I've been eating enough. My weigh in was at a different time of day very early rather than mid afternoon because of my day...

I lost 1.1kg but it seems like it was muscle if that's possible in a week. I also gained 0.5% Fat in this week. Yet I've stuck to the programme all week and had Muay thai which is strength and cardio... what concerns me even more is I jumped on the scale again today and lost another kg over night.... I'm worried incase that's also muscle. As I have hypo thyroid it's pretty unlikely for me to lose 4lbs in one week as my linear loss is 1lb a week or less so far... I'm going to try and up my calories again as I'm scared I'm losing the muscle I'm working so hard to build and not the fat. I don't want to be skinny fat.. I think my body fat is way to high already and I'm really concerned. I'm hoping it's all wrong readings and that next week when I go back at my usual hour it will give me a different reading!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Had to work super late last night, but I was already ahead for the week....but looking like I might have to work late again. Ughh! I was really looking forward to whatever today's workout is. I hate that I don't have a lot of excess time right now, if I get done with work even the slightest bit late I stand the chance of missing my available workout time.

I've really gotta start doing AM workouts at least for the summer....it wouldn't be my T25, but at least it would be something.
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I hope you are all well.

So I've got back in the gym this week and it's been pretty good tbh. I've reprated last week and I'm still doing both programmes.

Got 5 left for the week now :)

Next week I'll finally start beta !!

Can you guys help me please. I schedule my alpha so that with football and X3 I'm not burning out. On beta what are the videos like. For example which one really works your legs or which one is very tiring CV wise?

I can them look at scheduling them into next week in a way that lets me get the most out of it

Thanks in advance.

Keep working hard everyone ;)

FOCUS!!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I did T25 when it first came out and had great results! Did all 3 rounds (Alpha, Beta, Gamma) and ended up losing 10 lbs and 11 inches overall. Since then I have unfortunately put that plus more back on :( I continued working out but have not been able to see results like I did with this. So I started the program again on Monday. Hoping to start seeing that scale go the right direction. Hope everyone is enjoying the program!
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sliverbullets the blog here has detailed info bout all the T25 work outs, should help with your scheduling.

http://dumbbellsanddiapers.com/focust25

Hi Tammy, I've been doing T25 workouts for a while now. I don't do the programme just mix and match with others p90x3, Firm, Cize, insanity etc. I like to do a variety otherwise I get bored. Hope you get results like last time.

Hi Motivated sister, hope you managed to fit your workout in. Life does get in the way sometimes. Seems nuts that sometimes we are so busy we can't even have 30 mins for ourselves.

How's your toe Simone? Children are a liability, my 9 month old gave me a black eye from kicking me in the face when I changed her nappy and my 3 year old has dislocated my neck, giving me a completely unexpected and uncalled for punch round the side of the head whilst we were cuddled up all relaxed reading a story. Good job I love them really! Be wary of the burpee heavy work outs while your toe recovers. I find they really aggravated my toe when I dislocated it a month or so ago.

Rachel, that all sounds very confusing. Wonder what's going on - how do you feel about how you look/feel if you ignore the data. Do you feel trimer and more toned?

I did Gamma rip't cicuit and insanity cardio yesterday. Felt like a change today so did an old Cindy Whitmarsh workout, arms are actually quite achey, had a day off being shouted at by Shaun today!

Back to it tomorrow though - Push push!!
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    [img[animated-fitness-image-0051.gif[/img]
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am officially done with T25! It was really hard to complete this week with illness, my grandma being in the hospital, and just a general "blah" feeling and lack of motivation. But I knew I'd regret not completing the program with only one week left so I pushed through and I did it! I will post my stats and before/after pictures tomorrow or Monday.
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    @Blessed_Mommy86 firstly hope things are as ok as they can be at this moment in time for you. Secondly well done for completing. Looking forward to seeing your stats. I've just done my last week of alpha ... quite a bit to go yet :)
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I decided to give speed 3.0 a try for kittens and giggles. OMGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Talk about major FAIL! I spent a lot of time holding plank. I'm gonna stick to the ones I can actually do. It's like the message isn't getting to my brain fast enough for me to even attempt the moves. I may go back to doing alpha/beta and working with some weights. Gamma is definitely worth working towards.
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am officially done with T25! It was really hard to complete this week with illness, my grandma being in the hospital, and just a general "blah" feeling and lack of motivation. But I knew I'd regret not completing the program with only one week left so I pushed through and I did it! I will post my stats and before/after pictures tomorrow or Monday.
    Good job Blessed_Mommy86! I've got 7 more days of 30 Day Shred and then I'm taking like 2 days of rest and then starting T25! I just ordered it today and should have it by the time I'm ready to start it! I can't wait!
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Congrats Blessed_Mommy86 on finishing! This should be my last week....but life got in the way the end of last week, so I missed a few workouts. Lol I'm gonna try and do doubles pretty much the whole week to still try and finish T25 on schedule by the end of the week.

Still not sure what I'm gonna do after I finish...with my crazy schedule for the summer the 25 minute workout works out nice so I might just redo T25....we'll see!
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I may start t25..need motivation
    Lost 12 lbs
    Want to lose 10 more
  • Enjcg5
    Options
    Anyone here tried the "core speed" DVD? What's it like compared to the other speed dvds? I'm considering buying it. It didn't come with my set.
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey :smile: I am back on the workouts again. Had to give my foot a rest - went on holiday and then me and the kids git ill. So lots of sleepless nights and calpol. I am having to do the extra workouts I missed last week. So Alpha phase will be 6 weeks instead of 5. All muscle soreness has gone and im back feeling great now. Cardio tonight for the last time. I am looking at insanity max 30 for after T25. Tried the 10 minute ab workout on there yesterday - could be a possibe next workout @Enjcg5 its only 30 mins :smiley:
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Hi everyone looks like your all doing fantastic well done @Blessed_Mommy86 for finally completing it how awesome. I think I'll redo it all after my 2 lots of Gamma I'm also doing the hybrid of it... I started back Muay thai after a week off.. I've had guests staying for last few days and went off with food/drinks but did all the workouts so I was happy. Speed 3.0 and muay thai is one day has kicked my *kitten*! I'm really excited to report I went to weigh in at my normal time of day and have had weight loss .9% Fat loss and .3kg muscle gain.. I want to gain back the rest of the muscle but I think the break and over eating may just have been what my body was missing. Can't wait to see updated pictures and so on. I'm super busy over the next few days so I'll probably not be on thread as much but update mfp updates so if you havnt added me please do. Xx

Keep smashing it people. Keep pushing forward. Still getting killed in speed and still needing to improve on so much! Happy day today!
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    I did Extreme Circuit last night which is normally one of my faves, but after a few days off it was a little rough. I was actually supposed to do Speed 3.0, but I knew whatever workout I did would be rough since I hadn't done anything in days so I skipped it and will come back to it.

Still way behind now...didn't get to do two workouts yesterday. My BF's daughter is staying with us for the summer so that's why I practically have no time in the evenings anymore; I pick her up from summer camp and am pretty much responsible for her until he gets off work...usually late. I was complaining that I never see him...so he has started taking his lunch around the time I get home. Lol I guess it's my fault I complained so it's great he's making the effort....but in my head I'm like stop taking lunch during the only time I can get a workout in! I only have an hour I prefer not to workout in front of him, silly I know, and then he likes to eat his lunch in front of the TV downstairs so I can't use it anyway.

Hoping to get in two workouts today!
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Didn't get in any workouts yesterday...ugh!! Lol

At this point I'm just trying to finish up the remaining workouts in Gamma in any order I can as long as I complete them all. Today I did the Pyramid and Extreme Circuit. It was a good workout; I missed it!

We're hopefully done early at work tomorrow, so I'm hoping to push through as many workouts as possible tomorrow afternoon. I probably won't finish Gamma this week as scheduled, but I will finish no matter what!

You guys are quiet...hope everyone is still pushing through.
  • Enjcg5
    Options
    Still at it. One day at a time. I'm debating if I should be doing more strength with the T25 program. Or wait until I get to my goal weight. Hmmmmmmmm....
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Finished up week 2 of Alpha this morning. Feeling great and that scale is going the right direction. Looking forward to taking my measurements tomorrow to see where I am. Keep up the great work everyone! Happy Friday!