New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    canva-photo-editor-1.png
    So I tried them and WOW I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't expect them to have such a nice flavor. I expected it to be very subtle, but I could really taste the salted caramel.

I had 1/2 just toasted with earth balance and it was DELICIOUS. The butter made the salted caramel flavor really stand out. It was like a dessert. I had another 1/4 toasted with caramel almond butter and another 1/4 toasted with dark chocolate peanut butter. SO GOOD with the dark chocolate peanut butter like a chocolate peanut butter caramely dessert. The almond butter was good too, but I prefered the addition of chocolate. Overall, I liked the half with butter the best. I really enjoyed these. I would buy again.

I had one plain and I was disappointed! I don't really know what I was expecting but for me it's just odd... tastes the salt more than the caramel flavor. For 150 calories, I think I'd rather have something else, honestly. Maybe I can pawn them off my daughter.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    canva-photo-editor-1.png
    So I tried them and WOW I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't expect them to have such a nice flavor. I expected it to be very subtle, but I could really taste the salted caramel.

I had 1/2 just toasted with earth balance and it was DELICIOUS. The butter made the salted caramel flavor really stand out. It was like a dessert. I had another 1/4 toasted with caramel almond butter and another 1/4 toasted with dark chocolate peanut butter. SO GOOD with the dark chocolate peanut butter like a chocolate peanut butter caramely dessert. The almond butter was good too, but I prefered the addition of chocolate. Overall, I liked the half with butter the best. I really enjoyed these. I would buy again.

Thank you for the review, in addition to your recommended topping! I wonder how cream cheese will be with it? The moment I find it I'll definitely snatch it up now, thanks!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    8tcbaro0jbju.png

Pretty sure someone here already said they weren't impressed with these, but I got them anyways.
    They're SO disappointing!
    It's like dry bread in the shape of a bagel, not worth it at all. I also had the XL english muffin grillers and weren't impressed, but these were even worse. As a bagel lover this is a disgrace to all things bagels.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I'm in love with Kroger's Carbmaster Chocolate Nonfat milk. It's processed extra which reduces the carbs/sugar/calories. 80 calories and 7 grams of carbs for an 8oz glass. This is what I wanted from unsweetened almond milk, but did not get. I had it over plain cheerios last night and it was divine.

zwo90rt064z6.jpg
    Their carbmaster yogurt is pretty good. The milk is too expensive for my blood.

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    iusx81n2hv1x.jpg
    I LOVE these. They taste just like a Rice Krispie bar. No hemp-y taste (although I would have enjoyed that) whatsoever.

mjavaqap1o5k.jpg
    Yummy! The chips were nice and thick and crunchy. Just what I like in a kettle chip. I'm so glad that Kettle is expanding their lineup to include chips that are fried in healthy oils. Salting them with high-mineral salts is a really awesome bonus!

iu3rqbj9qe8w.jpg
    We just recently got an Aldi's, so I've been doing a lot of shopping there lately. I really like these nuggets. Obviously, they're not something to eat everyday, but they really remind me of Applegate's chicken nuggets, and they're about 1/2 the price of Applegate.

7lfjmgj9bu55.jpg
    These were pretty good. Crunchy and butter-y, but they were a little plain. Good as a basic cracker.

m6d23h1ol0xc.jpg
    These were MUCH better! The rosemary-garlic seasoning made these really addictive for me. They taste JUST like Glutino's Rosemary and Olive Oil crackers. Once again, much cheaper.

dxt0cjgbxoqj.jpg

These were okay. I liked the crunch, but they were a little under seasoned for my tastes. Kind of like crunching on air. They tasted like an even less salty version of Pease Please snacks.

wyl8w655surt.jpg
    This is really good. Like, really, really good. Quite possibly some of the best non-dairy cheese that I have ever had! It had that perfect balance of salty and tangy that is so difficult for most vegan cheeses to achieve, and it wasn't that rubbery. Sliced up on some of those Live G Free Rosemary Crackers, it was a real treat for someone with as many food sensitivities as myself!

3xitdrokg9hq.jpg
    Not a food product, but I just ordered one of these recently, and I have to say that I absolutely love it! I got tired of paying $6+ for a pint of ice cream that I could eat, so I bought one of these so that I could start making my own. I made a batch tonight using coconut milk, macadamia milk, raw honey, and crushed up Glutino Oreo-imitation cookies. It is quite possibly the best non-dairy ice cream that I have ever tasted. And I made a whole quart of it for less than half the price that I used to pay for a pint!

RE: Ice Cream Maker--What a splendid idea! I put it on my Amazon shopping list for later. :smile:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    @Strawblackcat I've ALWAYS wanted an ice cream maker to try making my own dairy free ice creams. How easy was it to use? How long does it take to make?
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    8tcbaro0jbju.png

Pretty sure someone here already said they weren't impressed with these, but I got them anyways.
    They're SO disappointing!
    It's like dry bread in the shape of a bagel, not worth it at all. I also had the XL english muffin grillers and weren't impressed, but these were even worse. As a bagel lover this is a disgrace to all things bagels.

I felt them through the package and just said NOPE.
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    theamazingcassiebunny Posts: 119 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    icv2k9619rwl.png

I tried the maple a while back and liked it well enough. It's quite sweet, IMO, and not as good as Peanut Butter & Co's Mighty Maple flavor, so I switched back to the Pb&Co.

Edited to add: Did you like the cinnamon? I have thought about trying it several times...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    icv2k9619rwl.png

I tried the maple a while back and liked it well enough. It's quite sweet, IMO, and not as good as Peanut Butter & Co's Mighty Maple flavor, so I switched back to the Pb&Co.

Edited to add: Did you like the cinnamon? I have thought about trying it several times...

Only bought the cinnamon, good thing since you said the maple was not that good. I tried it and it was just okay. Was kinda disappointed. I prefer PB&co cinnamon raisin hands down. This had a "fake cinnamon" taste to it that I didn't like. Don't waste your money, I would not buy again.

Anyone try these?
    f1d5684a47564fb244f1aeffb0358fd2.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    @oocdc2 I wish I could find that cheese around me. I have always wanted to find gouda flavored non dairy cheese. I think they are one of the only brands that make it. I LOVE the Chao vegan cheeses, have you ever had those? Which did you prefer?
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    @Strawblackcat I've ALWAYS wanted an ice cream maker to try making my own dairy free ice creams. How easy was it to use? How long does it take to make?

You have to freeze the bowl until the gel inside has hardened before you churn the ice cream, and that takes about 12-16 hours, but the actual churning process is really short (mine was done in 15 minutes). Just freeze the bowl before you go to bed or something so that it's done for you the next day.

It was super easyto use. You just put the (frozen) bowl on top of the base unit, put the dasher inside of the bowl with the cuticle facing up, slide the cover overtop of the bowl, turn it on, and pour your ice cream base inside. You add your toppings when it's pretty much all the way done, and it comes out like soft serve. You can put it into a bowl in the freezer for a few hours if you want it harder.

It works really well, too! I haven't tried it with actual cream and milk (can't eat either) but the coconut ice cream that I have been making has turned out really good! Totally worth $55.00.

The ice cream that I made used a can of Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk (full fat), 1 cup if Macadamia milk (can't remember the brand; I just bought it at Kroger on a manager's special), 1/2 cup raw honey, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp xanthan gum, and 10 crushed Glutino cookies. Between the liquid sweetener, alcohol extract, and xanthan gum, it's soft and scoop-able right out of the freezer.
  • jmidd97
    jmidd97 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    JordisTSM wrote: »
    Reading through this thread I am so pleased I live in New Zealand, we don't have half of the things you guys are posting, which is a good thing - I'm big enough as it is!

I know right?? So glad...but still slightly jealous. :)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    @oocdc2 I wish I could find that cheese around me. I have always wanted to find gouda flavored non dairy cheese. I think they are one of the only brands that make it. I LOVE the Chao vegan cheeses, have you ever had those? Which did you prefer?

I've seen Chao before, but I've never bought it before. It has soy in it, and I try to limit the amount of soy in my diet. I usually eat either Follow Your Heart or Daiya, since both are soy-free and readily avaliable where I live. Of the two, I prefer Follow Your Heart's slices over Daiya's since they aren't as rubbery and don't have to be melted to be enjoyable. Daiya has better shreds and blocks, though.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Halo Top for $3.99 in Wisconsin Woot Woot! Tempted to do a Halo Top 10 day "Cleanse" #notreallybutreally
  • Francl27
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    Halo Top for $3.99 in Wisconsin Woot Woot! Tempted to do a Halo Top 10 day "Cleanse" #notreallybutreally

That would definitely work as a cleanse, LOL. Literally.

Speaking of which, I went to Whole Foods hoping to find the birthday cake flavor... and they were all out. Again. Sigh.
  • xWondertje
    xWondertje Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There's a new ice cream from SIA here in Sweden, which is vanilla ice cream with white chocolate... needless to say I was all over that jazz when it came out. It's totally delicous and definitely worth working the calories into my daily limit. Especially now during summer :smile:
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I'm in love with Kroger's Carbmaster Chocolate Nonfat milk. It's processed extra which reduces the carbs/sugar/calories. 80 calories and 7 grams of carbs for an 8oz glass. This is what I wanted from unsweetened almond milk, but did not get. I had it over plain cheerios last night and it was divine.

zwo90rt064z6.jpg
    Their carbmaster yogurt is pretty good. The milk is too expensive for my blood.

It is pricey! It's a treat for that reason. Oh, so yummy.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I tried the key lime pie Great Value "Oreos" and the lemon thin Oreos recently.

The lime "Oreos" were pretty mediocre. The cookie broke apart too easily, and the filling was too sour.

The lemon thins were lovely! They weren't overly lemony or sour like the GV "Oreos". Thins are the perfect vessel for some of the more overwhelming fillings.

Also, I'm really bummed that Maxibons don't seem to be available in the US. :disappointed: