New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Shop Rite had them for me. For Target, check their website, if you go to the item page it should tell you if it's on sale at your local store.

I'll have to run into Giant before work since they usually get the new flavors before Wal-Mart.

As far as limited edition I am sure the Chocolate Cupcake flavor will be.

Anyone know of any new flavors of ice cream that are worth looking out for? I went to Target to look for this flavor a few days ago, but of course the store didn't have it.

24195198412_edef6cb2c7_o.jpg

I tried two flavors of the Dannon Mousse & the flavors are very reminiscent to the Yoplait 100 calorie Whips.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Are you picking up Wal-Mart's peanut butter and milk?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    23387333113_1fd34fb4b0_o.jpg
    The watermelon flavor was a little muted. I think I'm going to try them untoasted the next time.

Did you also buy the Caramel flavor?

I might look out for this flavor for the fun factor.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    The watermelon flavor was a little muted. I think I'm going to try them untoasted the next time.

... there is a pop tart caramel flavor?

I did not need to know this, lol.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

... there is a pop tart caramel flavor?

I did not need to know this, lol.
    chocolatey caramel

And no @kellyjellybellyjelly . The employees were in the middle of restocking the Pop Tarts display.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    muscle_egg_flavor__07038.1440009194.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
    Just ordered these after hearing good reviews, will let you guys know how they are. I wonder how they would taste cooked up? My friend recommended them for me to try in pancakes, shakes, and ice creams. They come in so many flavors like chocolate and stuff. He said he drinks the chocolate straight up and it's like chocolate milk. I am eager to try lol.

meh i thought these were overrated.. bought a half gallon of the cake batter and ended up dumping it. plus they don't last for very long so unless you plan on using it every day good luck getting through it all. i'd rather use regular egg whites (cheaper) and add flavor using protein powder if i want.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    muscle_egg_flavor__07038.1440009194.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
    Just ordered these after hearing good reviews, will let you guys know how they are. I wonder how they would taste cooked up? My friend recommended them for me to try in pancakes, shakes, and ice creams. They come in so many flavors like chocolate and stuff. He said he drinks the chocolate straight up and it's like chocolate milk. I am eager to try lol.

meh i thought these were overrated.. bought a half gallon of the cake batter and ended up dumping it. plus they don't last for very long so unless you plan on using it every day good luck getting through it all. i'd rather use regular egg whites (cheaper) and add flavor using protein powder if i want.
    The flavors sound really interesting, but yeah, I'd be worried about the expiration. I don't mind keeping them past the sell by date, but they're still egg products at the end of the day. I can't imagine them lasting long enough to justify a purchase.

I would totally be into strawberry if they had smaller packaging. Heck, it takes me a few weeks to go through the 16oz carton of egg product.

• Francl27
    Options
    Ok this one was on sale so I gave it a shot...

24029229976_19466376c9_o.jpg

I guess I had too high expectations, and for 100 calories, well, it wasn't going to be great.. but man, the yogurt's consistency is awful, so watery, and the pieces of blueberry are gummy and tough... ugh. I will definitely not buy them again.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

I guess I had too high expectations, and for 100 calories, well, it wasn't going to be great.. but man, the yogurt's consistency is awful, so watery, and the pieces of blueberry are gummy and tough... ugh. I will definitely not buy them again.

Tried this the other day as well. I was disappointed, the pieces were horrible
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    @scastor27 @Francl27 have you tried the chobani peppermint chocolate flip? OMG yum! Of course I can't find it since I bought the first one.
  • Francl27
    Options
    @scastor27 @Francl27 have you tried the chobani peppermint chocolate flip? OMG yum! Of course I can't find it since I bought the first one.

Haha I see it everywhere, but I don't like Peppermint :(
    scastor27 wrote: »

The cookie part was good (well the tiny minuscule bits that were in there) but that's pretty much it, lol.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »

The cookie part was good (well the tiny minuscule bits that were in there) but that's pretty much it, lol.
    I really didn't like it either. :disappointed:

I just kept thinking about how much better Muller dessert creations were.

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I just tried the Birthday Cake ONE Bar I got from the Vitamin Shoppe. Honestly, I was very disappointed and like the Peanut Butter flavor more than this one, which honestly surprises me a lot! It was the first bar I've had that tasted better when I DIDN'T microwave it! For those who are familiar with ANSI's Cheesecake bars, it's very similar to that and the texture was pretty much the same; I'm not a huge fan of the cheesecake bars so that probably explains why I wasn't impressed. To me it tasted too much like whey and it actually wasn't as sweet as I had been hoping, if anything it tasted artificial and the flavors weren't balanced at all. Definitely not something I'd get again, but a lot of people seem to like it so who knows, maybe something is wrong with my taste buds!

Thanks for the review. I bought two boxes on Vitaminshoppe's website today.

I also bought a box of their Cookie Dough flavor & a this

6a52f8051eebd7a62229bcfc43cd5ef8.jpg

Yes thank you for the review, I still haven't had a chance to pick them up. I never microwave "cake batter" flavored because I think it always tastes better cold. I am a fan of cake batter flavor though. I loved the cake batter complete cookies even though I know not many people were huge fans. I will probably pass on trying to find cake batter and might just try the pb. How were the ANSI bars? I have seen them a lot but have never tried them.

Also @kellyjellybellyjelly Let us know how those are. I assume they would be similar to pure protein bars or supreme protein bars. (which are just mediocre) I wonder if they are worth getting.

A lot of people seem to like the ANSI Cheesecake bars but as I mentioned, I don't really like them too much. The texture bothers me and I feel like they taste too much like whey, if that makes sense. That's why I wasn't a fan of OhYeah!'s Birthday Cake ONE bar; if you like ANSI, you'll probably love this bar though. I was also one of the people left unimpressed with the Birthday Cake Lenny & Larry's Cookie, so if you liked that then even more reason you should try this flavor yourself to see if you disagree with my opinion.

As for that OhYeah! Almond Fudge Brownie flavor you got, I bet that'll be delicious! I haven't had an entire bar like that, but I'm a big fan of their Good Grab Bars (which are identical just in smaller packages). Let me know what you think of both though!
  • Ili_g
    Ili_g Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chobani salted caramel crunch is Sooo good...not sure if its new though :p
  • hgycta
    Options
    Ili_g wrote: »

I'm really glad you said that because I was just at Walmart today and picked one up, I can't wait to try it!

I also tired Oreo's new Cinnamon Bun flavor, and honestly I wasn't too impressed. It was sweet and good, don't get me wrong, and tasted like a cinnamon bun for the most part, but I was hoping for a stronger cinnamon flavor. It tasted more like cream and only a slight dusting of cinnamon. My all time favorite will always be the Red Velvet flavor which they mastered and I couldn't be happier about its return!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

I'm really glad you said that because I was just at Walmart today and picked one up, I can't wait to try it!

I also tired Oreo's new Cinnamon Bun flavor, and honestly I wasn't too impressed. It was sweet and good, don't get me wrong, and tasted like a cinnamon bun for the most part, but I was hoping for a stronger cinnamon flavor. It tasted more like cream and only a slight dusting of cinnamon. My all time favorite will always be the Red Velvet flavor which they mastered and I couldn't be happier about its return!!

Them's fightin' words!

(Ok, so I haven't tried the cinnamon yet but now I'm breaking them open once I'm done with my current package of the golden oreo thins.)
  • hgycta
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Them's fightin' words!

(Ok, so I haven't tried the cinnamon yet but now I'm breaking them open once I'm done with my current package of the golden oreo thins.)

Let me know what you think! My dad was blown away but I mean, I had my standards set pretty high so perhaps that was the problem o.o

The salted caramel crunch chobani flip however was great! Chobani's yogurt itself isn't something I'm a huge fan of (I prefer Dannon's Light & Fit) but the mix-ins really make it stand out as something indulgent.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    They don't have any mixins, but I've been enjoying HEB's 100 calorie flavored yogurts.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Them's fightin' words!

Let me know what you think! My dad was blown away but I mean, I had my standards set pretty high so perhaps that was the problem o.o

The salted caramel crunch chobani flip however was great! Chobani's yogurt itself isn't something I'm a huge fan of (I prefer Dannon's Light & Fit) but the mix-ins really make it stand out as something indulgent.

I will! I have about a sleeve and a quarter left of the oreo thins and I eat 3 a day (really trying not to eat 3 sleeves a day cuz...dayum they're good :))