Ladies losing 100+lbs?

Options

Replies

• typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Navallez wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 46 yrs old and need to lose much more than 100 lbs. but for now just focusing on accountability and can sure use friends in the same boat to motivate each other. I have been on it before an know it works now I need to commit to this lifestyle

You can add me!
  • am_fitter
    am_fitter Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey I am trying so hard but it's hard if you don't have a support system and they somewhat against you. So what should I do to stay on track?
    Use the energy of those against you to fuel your determination. You are strong. You can do it. I lost a friend because I am using Isagenix - I was amazed - she's a bit overweight and really turned against me when I started to lose and told her I am using Isagenix. Anyway, I have other friends who want me to succeed - I like Isagenix. I encourage you to do the cleanse days. Use the cleanse beverage and try the green tea infused chocolates and drink lots of water!

• am_fitter
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 34 years old and am my heaviest I've ever been at 270lbs. I'm now new to the Isagenix program and am hoping this will help. I have such a hard time wanting to eat anything because of some of the medication I take. I do have a lot of health issues I'm dealing with and having all this extra weight makes it so much harder to get healthy. I have gotten to the point that I've secluded myself and no longer have friends and absolutely don't have any sort of life outside of home. I don't talk to people. I also suffer from severe depression and anxiety and ptsd. I feel lost most days and lack the motivation I need to get on the healing path and healthy lifestyle. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Hi Angie, the Isagenix programme is helping me change how I eat and when I eat. I recommend you use 36 grams of protein per shake. If you are buying the jars, also buy a jar of the whey protein and add half a scoop to your 22 or 24 gram protein shake. The whey protein has 18 grams of protein per scoop so if you add that to the lighter shakes you'll feel fuller and satisfied for longer. I also like making my shakes with 4 ice cubes, then fill up to 10 ounces of water rather than the recommended 8 oz. And I use a bullet.
    Also do try the cleanse days. You may be better starting by doing only one cleanse day a week.
    You don't say what meds you are on, so if you can see your doctor it's best to discuss your weight loss goals in relation to your meds.
    Good luck. You can add me as a friend.
  • am_fitter
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Cnez418 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 18, 5'7'' and I'm struggling. I'm trying to lose 100 pounds and am having thyroid problems. Also, why are there so many different opinions when it comes to the healthiest diet to follow?
    I think different body types need different programmes. For a long time we thought everybody lost weight the same way, but there are some of us who have such a hard time, that has forced science to look at alternatives - people who insist their way is the only way haven't really looked at the problems other people have. I have fatty liver disease which makes it so much harder to lose weight - so the shakes work for me by bringing my calories in so far below my calories out - yet I'm not hungry because the shakes fill me up. I use 36 grams of protein - adding 1/2 a scoop to a scoop of whey protein to the 22 and 24 grams of protein shakes. A full scoop of the whey protein boosts the protein to 40 grams - which is really a lot, so unless I'm super hungry, I'll just add half a scoop.
    I supplement the shakes with raw veggies and a little fruit, and some days I'll have grilled fish and a salad. I also eat breakfast every day - 2 boiled eggs and rye toast. I have a feeling I may have to switch that up and start having a shake for breakfast and choosing lunch as the meal I eat.
    I find it so hard to lose weight. Since starting Isagenix, at least 4 days a week I am burning about 2000 calories more than I'm eating, plus having minimum one cleanse day per week, and now that the initial weight has dropped, it seems that's what I have to do to lose just one pound. I plateaued after losing 14 pounds and stayed there for almost 10 days before losing the last pound!!! I have another 35 pounds to lose...I don't know how I'm going to do this. I was at 2 parties on the weekend and I barely ate anything - and didn't drink (well on Canada Day I had a glass of champagne) I can't believe how little food I can/need to eat and how much protein I need boggles my mind.

• hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    hdatres wrote: »
    Hello, I'm Heather 40yrs 5'6" I wanna loose 100 lbs in a year. I've bin at this for 3 ish months and lost 14lbs so for using this app

Ok I'm back up to 275, I feel like a failure, I was doing good, than this!!!! Gerrrr!!!!
  • Marycycles
    Marycycles Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OK... I'm a guy... and old fart to be exact.. 55 heading on to 56 soon.... i started the day after xmas .. so far i have lost 51 lbs... just over 60 left to go... this is not easy.. but it is doable... you can do it... patience and perseverance .. do not look at the total... look at 1 pound... look to lose 1 pound... just 1... once you lose that pound look to lose another and so on and so on... it is very easy to become discouraged by looking at the total..its 1 pound at a time one day at a time, one week at a time... sometimes its one meal at a time... there is no luck involved.. it is a pretty simple process... calories in vs. calories... you must burn more calories than you take in..log your food.. weigh you food... every single bite... you do not have to give up everything you love to eat, just cut down on the amount and you need to get up and move your @*kitten* .. doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do more than the day before, the week before and keep adding to it.. i picked up a fitbit and it is truly the best motivational tool i could ask for.. i add more steps each day, each week.. i could barely make the recommended 10 k per day.. now i'm doing over 15 k .. you do what you can.. push yourself.. no excuses..there are no cheat days, you are not giving up the food you love.just cutting back the amount and how often you eat them... stay within your calories and do not eat back calories from exercise...if you need motivation .... look in the mirror... look at your kids your husband, your siginficant other.. hell your dog or cat... whatever it takes to stay motivated and moving in the right direction...this is your life we are talking about.. i plan on sticking around to see some grandkids...If this old man can do it so can every single one of you...ok.. getting off my soap box and heading back to the guys section.

That is awesome! But I have lost 105lbs in 8 month's eating ALL my exercise calories. I was anorexic in high school, so slashing calories is easy, but it has to be healthy and maintainable.
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Same here, I am trying to stay active on here... 5'2 with 115-120 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • Amy100lbstoLoose
    Amy100lbstoLoose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I'm looking to loose 100lb... struggling really bad ..looking to add motivational people xn
  • UntangledSkein
    UntangledSkein Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This is my second time on MFP. I did very well before but fell into a fug following a total hysterectomy in 2014 and, in that two years, put everything back on plus 20lb more. Two weeks ago I gathered enough nerve to step back on the scales, dust off my walking shoes and try again. I want to lose at least 110lb. My diary is open, I log every day and any of you can add me.
  • all4thehealthofit
    all4thehealthofit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have lost 42 pounds so far, but I still have 107 to go to get to my goal. I would love to have some determined friends on here!!!!
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Becca. I'm 5'11" and I started at 302 pounds. I am currently around 225. I would like to get to 180, making it a 122 pound loss. Please add me! I log every single day. I'm also a certified personal trainer.
  • gentleorange
    gentleorange Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I restarted MFP today. I didn't take it seriously first time around. I'm currently 236 pounds and 5'6", and I'd love to lose 100 pounds, though I'm afraid to think that far ahead! I'm used to either eating whatever I feel like, or going very strict for a short time - porridge made with water, grilled fish and steamed vegetables, so I'm a bit nervous about the moderate 1200 calories a day approach. I'm optimistic though!
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'3 3/4", started at 288+ pounds. Goal weight is 135-140. Praying I can stay on track and get there. But 150+ pounds to lose is very intimidating. So I'm trying to take small goals at a time.
  • eknapik23
    eknapik23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'3 3/4", started at 288+ pounds. Goal weight is 135-140. Praying I can stay on track and get there. But 150+ pounds to lose is very intimidating. So I'm trying to take small goals at a time.

I started eight pounds heavier than you and my goal weight is the same as yours. I'm almost three inches taller than you, though. :smiley:

I started at 296 on May 10 (over the previous year I lost ten pounds, so my starting weight was 305, but I started seriously trying on May 10) and I'm down to 273. My dream goal is 135, but I'm not sure if that's possible.
  • 031sandy
    031sandy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Second time around for me. Started back in March of 2014 at 240 lbs. lost 63 lbs by October 2014. Stayed same weight for months then got pregnant again January 2015 then gained weight slowly at first. Last 3 months of my pregnancy gained quite a bit. By the time I gave birth I was back up to 220lbs. By November 2015, lost some back down to 197lbs but now 208lbs. I'm still breastfeeding my almost 9 month old and struggling to lose again.
  • cchilds2006
    cchilds2006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 28, and in January of 2015, I weighed 280lbs. I got down to 175 by October of 2015 but have struggled and am back at 220. My goal is to get down to 120lbs. I have always tracked my food here on MFP and am back on track. I just want to surpass my lowest weight and keep shrinking! I'm aiming for 10-15lbs a month and typically don't eat over 1000 calories a day when I am restricting and on track.
    xe8tpr5gsc5q.jpeg
    I am on day one if anyone wants to join me. Goodluck everyone! We will hit our goals!!!
  • Lisa1660
    Lisa1660 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 56 years old and this is my second go at this. Lost 100 pounds and gained 80 of it back. Down 15 so far. The goal is possible....just have to reach for it!
  • ElleAnn0714
    ElleAnn0714 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 29, 5-4 and have 100lbs and mabye more to loose. I have lost about 7lbs so far. Looking to make longterm lifestyle changes not just another diet. Looking for some great friends to stay motivated!
  • fatgirlflow
    fatgirlflow Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am starting at 415lbs (ugh!) and would like to get down to 200lbs. It's not an "ideal" weight but it feels much more attainable right now than aiming for 120lbs or whatever.

Feel free to add me!
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am 34 years old, and have 100+ lbs to lose. I am currently 265. I've been overweight my entire life, but my lowest was around 198, after loosing almost 80 lbs 8 years ago on another website. Slowly over the last 8 years, after a divorce, being single again, dating and a new husband, the weight has slowly came back on. I've been trying admittedly halfheartedly for the past year to get some weight loss. My husband is overweight too and is a great support, also trying to lose weight himself. I'm struggling with motivation. We have a vacation planned to Hawaii in Sept and that was my initial motivator but I am hesitant to let logging food, counting calories, etc. run my life again. When I lost the 80 lbs before, I was consumed with the weight loss process. It worked but I also wasn't happy.