July Move Your *kitten* Challenge...

Replies

• pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Friday - 10 mile bike ride
    Saturday - 6 mile run
    today's day of rest but back to running and I'm walking a parade with our HS marching band in the morning!

Have a great 4th!
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    14.9 miles of walking this long weekend.... good start for 100 mile for this month!
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    dinos, thanks for updating the spreadsheet! so, do we just update in this thread everyday?

biked 9 miles this afternoon at the gym!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Walked/hiked with the dog 2.3 miles. Had to carry him about 1/8 of a mile, thanks to a loose dog 3x his size. Had to wait until his owner was able to grab his collar. Thankfully traffic was minimal.

And it's not that I'm afraid of the loose dog. I'm afraid my little furry chainsaw will pick a fight he can't finish. :noway:

But I am very annoyed that the dog was loose.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Thanks for keeping the spreadsheet updated Dinos!!

Walked 3.6 miles today! 11.6 miles so far :)
  • jddeq
    jddeq Posts: 10
    lots of moving today! jogging 50 min, walking 48 min, and a night walk with family 120 min. :smile:
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,380 Member
    1.7 miles walked today
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    7.6 miles between yesterday and today..updated ticker...
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    is it too late to join?

exercise.png
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    125 steps today. Updated my ticker.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    tusher 2011 wrote:
    dinos, thanks for updating the spreadsheet! so, do we just update in this thread everyday?

biked 9 miles this afternoon at the gym!

Even if you only update your ticker without posting anything I will see it, however I personally prefer people to post something every now and then. Sharing stories or photos or commenting on each other's progress makes the thread more fun to follow and eventually more effective.

We are averaging 102 miles per day, which makes for a good start. My only remark is that 15 of 48 people haven't moved their *kitten* an inch yet, but I guess this is going to change soon.
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    please add me for 70 miles this month. going to challenge myself. thanks.
  • babygurl48

exercise.png
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    5.14 miles / 58 minutes outside

Happy 4th everyone!
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Happy July everyone!!!!

After a huge slump in June, I am back in for July with full force. My motivation for putting in so many miles before was in training for the Avon Walk. However, once I was done, my exercising dropped to almost non-existent. So, I have set a new goal for myself.....I will be running my first 5K in November for the Lincolnwood Turkey Trot!!! AND, to add a little push, I will be running it with my high school best friend who has been dying to run a 5K with me forever. We have participated in the Avon Walk together twice, so I owe her a 5K.

I am dropping my total miles significantly since running is going to be something new for me. My goal for July is 60 miles.

Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who have moved their a$$es!!!!!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    up to 16.19 with yesterday and today's runs
  • Stephib10
    Stephib10 Posts: 152 Member
    5k run this morning in the sunshine. Happy July 4th to my American neighbors!
  • babygurl48

exercise.png

this morning at the gym...4.25 miles on the elleptical in 65 minutes
    .25 mimles on the stairmaster in 11 minutes
    2.62 miles on the stationary bike in 52 minutes
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,445 Member
    I started in Dec with this group and I went from walking to running a 5K. Now I run/walk daily. This is an awesome challenge. Welcome newbies and Bravo to everyone wo has stuck it out and motivate! Bluiz and Dinos you are amazing on keeping track of everything/one and I thank you!!!
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    I would love to do this as well! How do I use multple tickers? I am setting my goal for 60 miles!

7275125.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter