Date decided I was too fat after getting naked

Options
This is embarrassing.

A couple of weeks ago a guy I'd been dating decided after seeing me naked got the first time that I'm too fat, and he doesn't find me attractive anymore. He did (helpfully) provide a list of the parts of me that ARE attractive (basically everything but my torso). His comments are really messing with my head, especially since I'm not happy with my body and already losing weight. (I've been on MFP for two years now.)

I spend so much time trying to convince myself that having this extra weight doesn't nullify my other good qualities, but he straight up told me it did. He told me he was falling in love with me and that everything else about me was perfect and unique, but he didn't think he could ever be attracted to me again because of the fat.

This has lead to a lot of my friends and relatives remarking, "You're not even that fat." :|

Annnddddd I'm *kitten* things up with a new guy because I'm all worried about it now. What if he does the same thing?

I'm working out a ton right now.

So, yeah.

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Yep - dodged a bullet. I feel sorry for whoever he ends up with, lest she become pregnant, gain a few pounds, need a mastectomy, or (God forbid) grow old and saggy & wrinkly. Of course he will remain Adonis-like his entire life, I am certain. Ugh. Loser.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Well, he sounds like 180lb you're well rid of.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    People use the word love way too loosely now a days. Sorry this ish happened to you.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an *kitten*! Your pictures are gorgeous! He was just a little insecure child, you're much better off. Something similar happened to me, except he was my (ex) husband. Thank God it didn't go that far and his true colors showed before you married the idiot. <3
  • suzilla53
    suzilla53 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ah,he obviously has issue with his " kitten" Trust me.Its good he's gone,he would have tortured you to no end with criticism.