New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    kirstenb13 wrote: »
    Yeah that's pretty much all it was lol I was confused because I didn't see any partially hydrogenated oils on the ingredients list but the trans fat was 0.5g and I remember always hearing how terrible it was for you. Didn't know it was in dairy products though, huh!

Interestingly it even looks like these natural trans fats *might* have some health benefits compared to the ones from hydrogenated plant oils (according to wikipedia). I think this company actually deserves some credit that they label something like this, I feel like most products make their serving size so small that you only see 0 g trans fats on everything now which is also BS.
    The ingredients actually look really good to me, how did it taste?

It tasted delicious! Definitely can't complain about presentation or taste, and thank goodness I feel better now about the trans fats, thanks everyone!!

How is the size of it (do you feel like you need to add anything)? What are the prices like?

I can be so hard for me to find frozen easy "meals" to keep on hand that I can actually eat. I keep running into issues of companies using soy in every dang thing (why does chicken have soy protein isolate in it???). Plus I have to stay away from other things as well so it makes it even more difficult. Some of these are safe so would be interested in looking for them.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    kirstenb13 wrote: »
    Yeah that's pretty much all it was lol I was confused because I didn't see any partially hydrogenated oils on the ingredients list but the trans fat was 0.5g and I remember always hearing how terrible it was for you. Didn't know it was in dairy products though, huh!

Interestingly it even looks like these natural trans fats *might* have some health benefits compared to the ones from hydrogenated plant oils (according to wikipedia). I think this company actually deserves some credit that they label something like this, I feel like most products make their serving size so small that you only see 0 g trans fats on everything now which is also BS.
    The ingredients actually look really good to me, how did it taste?

It tasted delicious! Definitely can't complain about presentation or taste, and thank goodness I feel better now about the trans fats, thanks everyone!!

How is the size of it (do you feel like you need to add anything)? What are the prices like?

I can be so hard for me to find frozen easy "meals" to keep on hand that I can actually eat. I keep running into issues of companies using soy in every dang thing (why does chicken have soy protein isolate in it???). Plus I have to stay away from other things as well so it makes it even more difficult. Some of these are safe so would be interested in looking for them.

Size: The entree was about the size of my hand if I spread out my fingers, it's pretty comparable to the trays you'd get from Lean Cuisine or Amy's but it was also pretty thick (three layers of lasagna). I personally found it pretty filling, as a light lunch you wouldn't need to add anything most likely, but I had it for dinner and enjoyed it with a small container of Dannon's Light & Fit greek yogurt so that could have helped, too! Definitely worth trying out at some point.
    Price: It was around 4 dollars I believe at Target, but I went to coupons.com and printed out a $1 off coupon so it wasn't too bad! I'm sure their website has coupons too, I just never checked because coupons.com seems to have some sort of coupon for that brand quite often :p
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    339z9x1hwmlb.jpeg

Has anyone tried these drops? I'm looking for flavored syrups to add to my coffee in the morning besides normal stevia.

I also have Stevia English Toffee Flavor.. Great with coffee!
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    339z9x1hwmlb.jpeg

Has anyone tried these drops? I'm looking for flavored syrups to add to my coffee in the morning besides normal stevia.

I bought that one! I really like it in my coffee too.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    339z9x1hwmlb.jpeg

I love everything from SweetLeaf! I make my own at home now, since it's so much cheaper, though. Just submerge dried stevia leaves in vodka for a week and strain it out. If you wanted a vanilla-flavored extract, you could throw a piece of a split vanilla bean in, too.
  • hgycta
    Options
    I tried MusclePharm's combat crunch protein bar in chocolate chip cookie dough last night and was blown away so I finally tried the birthday cake flavor tonight and was so disappointed, it taked fake and kind of lemon-ey, has anyone else here experienced this or was it just me?
    Speaking of birthday cake bars, Ohyeah still has the best ONE bar version of it. They also came out with a new cinnamon roll flavor I'm surprised no one is talking about, anyone here see it or try it? I'm really curious what it's like!!

a9y0trgyfh55.jpg
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I tried MusclePharm's combat crunch protein bar in chocolate chip cookie dough last night and was blown away so I finally tried the birthday cake flavor tonight and was so disappointed, it taked fake and kind of lemon-ey, has anyone else here experienced this or was it just me?
    Speaking of birthday cake bars, Ohyeah still has the best ONE bar version of it. They also came out with a new cinnamon roll flavor I'm surprised no one is talking about, anyone here see it or try it? I'm really curious what it's like!!

a9y0trgyfh55.jpg

I agree with the birthday cake MusclePharm bar tasting lemony. I thought it was alright, but I'm not a big fan of any of their bars.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    y2er27k7mjxs.jpg

Nice flavor but the yogurt is just too watery. Shame.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    y2er27k7mjxs.jpg

I felt that way about the Salted Caramel one. It sounded good, the flavor was ok, but the texture was yuck. I much prefer Oikos over Chobani (though I don't know if they have crunchy topping ones) as far as texture.
  • Francl27
    Options
    y2er27k7mjxs.jpg

I felt that way about the Salted Caramel one. It sounded good, the flavor was ok, but the texture was yuck. I much prefer Oikos over Chobani (though I don't know if they have crunchy topping ones) as far as texture.

Same. And the Fage crossovers are even better IMO (well.. the one flavor I dared trying).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

a9y0trgyfh55.jpg

Someone mentioned they thought the bar reminded them of Fruity Pebbles.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Alright, can't find a picture and too lazy to take one, but I got the new Yoplait Greek whips 2%. They're 20 more calories than the other ones and IMO more filling. I'm a fan.

I love these.
  • hgycta
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Tried two things tonight I've been meaning to:

Quest Mint Filled Keto Cups - I despised their vanilla filled keto cups (they were disgusting in my opinion), but I bought these regardless to try. I'm not normally a huge mint fan but these were exceptional and I take back everything I said about Keto Cups in the past! Very smooth, dark chocolate and the mint filling was better than a York Peppermint Patty! Very minty and smooth! I'm incredibly frustrated that I can't buy anymore off Quest Labs, they seem sold out! Better be releasing these is all I can say...

Arctic Zero Cake Batter Creamy Pint - I'll be honest, I was so frustrated in my inability to find their new flavors at the stores I purchased the pints online for my birthday (expensive but well justified since I did this instead of going out to drink or something more costly). So far I haven't been too impressed with what I've tried, and this is no exception. The creamy coconut was actually really good, but this cake batter was just lightly flavored cake ice. Definitely not a substitute for ice cream (can't even compare to Halo Top's version), just a slightly sweet treat that will fill you. Not worth buying again, but it wasn't terrible to where I couldn't finish it. Cookie dough is still my favorite, and I certainly look forward to trying the brownie blast which I've heard better things about.
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I tried these + the vegan cheese flavor. They tasted like baked Cheetos. So good :)hx6xrruhb0u3.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Options
    Still not in Quest labs here...

And I found the new Artic Zero flavors AND the Halo Top birthday cake flavor... but I'm just not spending $4.75 or $5.75 for a pint for something that just won't be as satisfying as real ice cream. It's just ridiculous.

So I guess I'm just laying off the ice cream for now...
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Tried two things tonight I've been meaning to:

Quest Mint Filled Keto Cups - I despised their vanilla filled keto cups (they were disgusting in my opinion), but I bought these regardless to try. I'm not normally a huge mint fan but these were exceptional and I take back everything I said about Keto Cups in the past! Very smooth, dark chocolate and the mint filling was better than a York Peppermint Patty! Very minty and smooth! I'm incredibly frustrated that I can't buy anymore off Quest Labs, they seem sold out! Better be releasing these is all I can say...

Arctic Zero Cake Batter Creamy Pint - I'll be honest, I was so frustrated in my inability to find their new flavors at the stores I purchased the pints online for my birthday (expensive but well justified since I did this instead of going out to drink or something more costly). So far I haven't been too impressed with what I've tried, and this is no exception. The creamy coconut was actually really good, but this cake batter was just lightly flavored cake ice. Definitely not a substitute for ice cream (can't even compare to Halo Top's version), just a slightly sweet treat that will fill you. Not worth buying again, but it wasn't terrible to where I couldn't finish it. Cookie dough is still my favorite, and I certainly look forward to trying the brownie blast which I've heard better things about.

The Brownie Blast is yummy!!! Haven't been impressed with any of the other flavors. Wish I could find Halo Top in a store that's closer than 45 minutes away from me.
  • hgycta
    Options

And I found the new Artic Zero flavors AND the Halo Top birthday cake flavor... but I'm just not spending $4.75 or $5.75 for a pint for something that just won't be as satisfying as real ice cream. It's just ridiculous.

I think they're closing Quest Labs because it won't let me view or post anything on the forums anymore and there's only a few things left on there to buy (a few flavors of the cereal bars and protein chips). They were having a ton of free shipping promotions for Quest Lab members so perhaps that was their way of getting rid of everything and mainstreaming the new products soon.

Also, I know that's a lot but I would totally try the Halo Top if I were you... at least one. I promise it's not disappointing like some Arctic Zero. It's super addicting!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,643 Member
    Options
    Yup! I can't believe you didn't buy the halo top! :)

I got in on that free shipping but only bought the zesty ranch and nacho tortilla chips. I'm low on protein powder but, honestly, it's cheaper on amazon and I can get free shipping there too (for a $49 order) and I don't need protein bars.
  • Francl27
    Options

I think they're closing Quest Labs because it won't let me view or post anything on the forums anymore and there's only a few things left on there to buy (a few flavors of the cereal bars and protein chips). They were having a ton of free shipping promotions for Quest Lab members so perhaps that was their way of getting rid of everything and mainstreaming the new products soon.

Also, I know that's a lot but I would totally try the Halo Top if I were you... at least one. I promise it's not disappointing like some Arctic Zero. It's super addicting!

$5.75 is just too much :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Yup! I can't believe you didn't buy the halo top! :)

I got in on that free shipping but only bought the zesty ranch and nacho tortilla chips. I'm low on protein powder but, honestly, it's cheaper on amazon and I can get free shipping there too (for a $49 order) and I don't need protein bars.

I actually e-mailed Halo Top & asked if they could stock their flavors in a local store.

I think they said that I would have to tell my local grocer to request it.