Alcohol...best cal choice

So I'm out Friday and plan to have a few drinks....what's the kindest to my diet? Spirits?

Replies

• missak610
    missak610 Posts: 34 Member
    My trainer recommended I stick to vodka soda when I go out
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Have "neat" drinks, all alcohol and no soda\juice.
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    I've been told that spirits are your best "bang for your buck". But they aren't all created equal. Apparently vodka or tequila is a good choice. Mixed with soda water, taken straight or diet soda is a good choice. I like light cranberry juice and vodka myself.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    I'm partial to bourbon on the rocks. But if I'm not in the mood for that, dry red or white wine will do. Beer leaves me terribly bloated and often gives me headaches.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Best option, don't drink alcohol at all. I don't and still enjoy myself.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    peleroja wrote: »
    fr33sia12 wrote: »

I'm sure that OP realizes that's an option, so I'm not sure what the point of posting this was...

OP asked what drinks are kindest to their diet, non alcoholic drinks are the kindest.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,971 Member
    peleroja wrote: »

I'm sure that OP realizes that's an option, so I'm not sure what the point of posting this was...

OP asked what drinks are kindest to their diet, non alcoholic drinks are the kindest.

I could have a Miller lite for 95 calories, or a regular Coke for 140 calories. Non-alcoholic isn't always kindest. And I'm pretty sure when the OP said "out for drinks" they meant alcohol.

Personally, I would go for a light beer, a glass of wine or a vodka with lime.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Personally I would go for vodka, cranberry juice and soda water. It's very refreshing and would be about 100 calories for 1 oz vodka and 1/3 cup cranberry juice. Soda water is 0 calories.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Vodka or if you prefer wine, have a white wine spritzer, still tastes like wine with half the calories. (White Wine mixed with soda water)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hard Liquor. If you need to mix it, mix it with water or diet soda. 1 oz (shot) is around 70 calories. I drink whisky and do fine as long as I allow for it. Clear liquor isn't any better then dark liquor. Wine and beer are calorie killers and do not have a good alcohol to calorie ratio.

The other thing to look out for is if you get drunk, it's alot harder to stick to your diet plan.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I stick with Prosecco, champagne or Mich Ultra. One red wine with dinner on occasion. I cut of white wine altogether, too tempting to over-indulge in its deliciousness.