Binge Eating Disorder (B.E.D.)

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Hearts_2015 Hi I just saw your comment! I went through a very stressful period from March-May because I was working on my certification. Stress is a huge binge urge trigger for me so I struggled a little and gained a few pounds from it, but since then I've been on track. And yes I've definitely been hitting the gym

<3<3<3 Sooo Happy to see your post @JessiLynnFit I hear ya on the stress!
  • Hearts_2015
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Hearts_2015 I'm just seeing this now... I'm so incredibly happy that you're getting the book and that your therapist is familiar with it. I would honestly get both... Read the book and listen to it in your car. I didn't know there's an audio I'm going to get it. I reread the book still it's good to refer back. The book also talks about how habits form which has been a HUGE help. Please let me know how you're doing with it!!! I also started a blog about using it it's girloutoftherut.wordpress.com but it's not that interesting lol

Does someone know where I can get the audio version of the book? I would listen all the time.
    @bananabeannn
    Unfortunately there's not one available. :neutral: Unfortunate because I think so many us would pick it up if one existed!

I think she has a new book out though... I saw it on Amazon and she was in an Interview about it.

"Brain Over Binge Recovery Guide" The workbook is now part of this new book.

http://s517416068.onlinehome.us/?page_id=12
  • kcs121
    kcs121 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    After 14+ years of binging ive just started going to Overeaters Anonymous. It's the only thing that's ever helped me. I'm 10 days binge free. I am just going to keep going back there. There is freedom there.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Have not binged since Sunday. It's now Thursday. I had some Jellybeans the other day but a 'normal' portion.
    The things you are all saying are exactly me.
    People laughing..not believing me...
    Obsessing about food, I have to plan so carefully so as to avoid binging. People really don't get why I am saying '13 minutes until I can have my yoghurt' like its exciting to me!

• brittnysusical
    brittnysusical Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with binge eating after I fell into a deep depression. I was teacking my meals and working out then i had a misscarriage. Now I can't seem to get myself back on track. I need pointers to help me get motivated and find support somwhere.
  • Conskill
    Conskill Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I too am a binge eater. I have absolute control over it now-a-days =) years ago I could put down 6-10k calories in a day!
  • tbeavers19
    tbeavers19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I made a group thing. Just search: I'm recovering from Binge Eating Disorder.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

[/quote]
    @Hearts_2015 I'm just seeing this now... I'm so incredibly happy that you're getting the book and that your therapist is familiar with it. I would honestly get both... Read the book and listen to it in your car. I didn't know there's an audio I'm going to get it. I reread the book still it's good to refer back. The book also talks about how habits form which has been a HUGE help. Please let me know how you're doing with it!!! I also started a blog about using it it's girloutoftherut.wordpress.com but it's not that interesting lol

Does someone know where I can get the audio version of the book? I would listen all the time.
    @bananabeannn @JessiLynnFit

The "Brain over Binge" Audio-book is finally out!!! :smiley::smiley: Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I just got an email from Kathryn recently about it. Has anyone ordered it? I'll let you know what I find out and if/when I get a copy. We've been waiting so long for this or maybe I should say longing for her to come out with it!

Um, BTW Jessie.. your blog...um your blog is lonely! :laugh: I went to read it and .... and... please start to write again! :smiley:
  • Hearts_2015
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Overeaters Anonymous is great if you find a good meeting and wanna put in the work! Therapy is also a good option, but only if you're sticking to a meal plan

I've been to some OA meetings in the past but never got to feeling comfortable. I tried probably a half dozen or so different ones. Then I tried some AA ones, not for alcohol but to see if they were like OA meetings. They weren't at all! Comparably they weren't stuffy and ppl were laughing and very friendly. Now please note I'm speaking from my own experience from the oa meetings I attended years back, others of course have had different experiences. Different ppl, different meetings.

I found AA to more relaxed, oa to be stiff and rarely did someone speak. To those that attend OA and are regulars... why is that? Is it because food is an ongoing issue? I hear ppl speak of alcohol as easier to deal with you just quit it. I don't agree with that. I'm not a drinker myself but hear that and it makes me sorta cringe. For alcoholics there is alcohol on every corner, on nearly every block. I don't see how it would be any easier to keep away from alcohol than certain trigger foods.

What do others think/feel? Some in OA and even on MFP feel sugar is something that can trigger a binge and for some I believe it can. I don't know that everyone has that as a trigger but I know it certainly is for me. It's quite difficult for me to moderate, it's usually best for me to simply stay away completely.

I don't know if one day I'll be able to moderate certain foods, I used to think so. It doesn't seem to matter as much as it used to, junk food makes my whole being feel crappy so why eat it at all, right? (thoughts that run through my head) It doesn't worry me much anymore as the binge foods that are my go to are simple carbs, nothing of nutritional value. Just junk that makes me crave more junk ...and on and on it goes..

So if I have to not have it on a 'safe' food list (my words) so be it. Whatever it takes for sanity and simplicity in this world of making choices. Food being on my mind more than anything else is simply annoying. When I keep far far away from simple carbs, life is so much better, I exercise, my mind is clear, my thoughts are on healthy foods. Food doesn't take up much space in my head because I simple plan my meals and eat what is planned. Exercise keeps my mind clear and my body is energized.

just a few of my thoughts...
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Have not binged since Sunday. It's now Thursday. I had some Jellybeans the other day but a 'normal' portion.
    The things you are all saying are exactly me.
    People laughing..not believing me...
    Obsessing about food, I have to plan so carefully so as to avoid binging. People really don't get why I am saying '13 minutes until I can have my yoghurt' like its exciting to me!
    @refuseresist I hear ya, I do! Ppl that don't deal with binge eating don't understand quite what it means to lose control. Emotional and physical control. Have a great week... hope to see you post soon! Great job on portion control on those jelly beans. :wink: