POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend was making fun of me last night because I was getting mad about the the servers being down. I love that this game makes you actually walk around (and on my lunch break I plan on exploring the riverwalk to catch all of the water pokemon) but I'm not 100% sure how to play. @xxxTiaxxx how can you tell there is a pokemon nearby?? I've just been wondering and hoping a stumbled across something, clearly I am not doing this correctly. I've never really played video games before, and the explanations online are NOT helping. I wasted so many pokeballs before I figured out how to catch them (admittedly I thought I was supposed to beat it up)...
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My girlfriend was making fun of me last night because I was getting mad about the the servers being down. I love that this game makes you actually walk around (and on my lunch break I plan on exploring the riverwalk to catch all of the water pokemon) but I'm not 100% sure how to play. @xxxTiaxxx how can you tell there is a pokemon nearby?? I've just been wondering and hoping a stumbled across something, clearly I am not doing this correctly. I've never really played video games before, and the explanations online are NOT helping. I wasted so many pokeballs before I figured out how to catch them (admittedly I thought I was supposed to beat it up)...

So when you move around you may notice at the bottom right hand corner there are different Pokémon. This will show you what's around you. If you click it it will come up with which ones are close and further away. My understanding is the footprints are an indicator. 1 little feet mark is closer to you than 3. If you move further down your street or what not they will change. Once you capture them they won't be darkened out.

8b9g9njdjjsd.png

b39fg1dkxc30.png

Also the blue spots are where you can pick up free Pokéballs and other items.
  • saragd012
    Options
    Thank you! That is so much more helpful than anything else I've seen so far. Hopefully now I can get to level 5 and actually go to a gym.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    Options
    Thank you! That is so much more helpful than anything else I've seen so far. Hopefully now I can get to level 5 and actually go to a gym.

Looks like I'm more helpful at being a Pokémon tutorial guide. I think I just found my calling.

Good luck!
  • xxxTiaxxx
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    ^^ thanks I will look again

I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING!! If you're in a country other than Japan, Australia or the US that may be a reason why you can't find it. It's only available in those 3 atm
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I played Pokemon Go when it was still called Ingress.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    A Clefairy was stealing my brother's tea last night!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    My much younger coworkers are telling me there are cool pokemon at our work.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    cool. I caught 2 Pidgey's, a charmander, an Evy, and a Weedle already. just sitting at my desk. It says there is a Squirtle near by, but I gotta get some work in.

I'm nerding out.
  • saragd012
    Options
    The servers are down where I'm at again, I'm so hungry but I dont want to take my lunch break until they are back up :s
  • idioblast
    idioblast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    I played Pokemon Go when it was still called Ingress.

I was wondering why all my local portals also happen to be Pokestops! I have to say I'm liking Pokemon Go a little better...easier to understand and I get to show my 8 year old all the Pokemon I collected today ;).
  • LaReineDesPixels
    LaReineDesPixels Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This is great. I think I've found something to do this weekend!
  • ellebreedlove42
    ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm downloading this now. God, I'm a 37 year old pregnant mom of 2 dork.

I have 5 kids - my youngest is 2 months. There's a jiggly puff by his dr's office.... And so much more lol we are awesome!
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Are the servers EVER going to come back up? or is it just me?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    This uses data right? I'd love yo try but this would ruin my monthly plan. :(

The Pokewalker a few years back wreason. It was part of the reason i loved HGSS as much as I did even if i don't like the gen 2 Mon. I actually still have it!

Sun and Moon seem pretty cool.

yeah,I also read that it can be a battery drainer too.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I'm downloading this now. God, I'm a 37 year old pregnant mom of 2 dork.

lol my kids grew up on pokemon and Im 41,waiting to download it hoping they work out the bugs and server issues., my 23 yr old son is using the app
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    tmi_gang wrote: »
    Are the servers EVER going to come back up? or is it just me?

they are having issues with people bogging down their servers. so its going to be slow at times if it works at all
  • OdditiesAbound
    OdditiesAbound Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    54b.jpg

But no really, they might actually be potatoes. Haha.

I've been out running around my apartment complex at almost midnight. And my work is a zoo, it's a big, 2 tower company with thousands of employees, across from a huge outdoor shopping centers, and there's like, 8 pokestores (one of them IN the building) and 3 gyms in a definitely-doable-over lunch walk distance. It's crazy to see how many people are running around with their phones out with this game.

Definitely spiking the amount of fitbit steps I've been racking up.