POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Despite problems with the server, this is so fun. I dragged a friend to Central Park and we spent the day hunting Pokemon until my phone died. Just went for a short walk to hatch one of my eggs. I am so addicted and this is just day one for me.
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to play, but I can't even make an account because I get this every time I go to make an account. 1rgwynrpao27.png
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    54b.jpg

But no really, they might actually be potatoes. Haha.

I've been out running around my apartment complex at almost midnight. And my work is a zoo, it's a big, 2 tower company with thousands of employees, across from a huge outdoor shopping centers, and there's like, 8 pokestores (one of them IN the building) and 3 gyms in a definitely-doable-over lunch walk distance. It's crazy to see how many people are running around with their phones out with this game.

Definitely spiking the amount of fitbit steps I've been racking up.

lol my son totally said their server is literally a baked potato right now lol
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    wonder what it will be like for me? I have no gyms in my area,no graveyards,nothing really except a lot of churches. guess I will have to play one day to see
  • OdditiesAbound
    OdditiesAbound Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    wonder what it will be like for me? I have no gyms in my area,no graveyards,nothing really except a lot of churches. guess I will have to play one day to see

It'll probably vary from town to town, but it seems like there are a lot of spots! "Gyms" in this game is just using the main pokemon game terminology, where you go to "pokemon gyms" and battle trainers to get badges. In Pokemon Go, they don't have to be REAL gyms, to be game-gyms.

I've seen pokemon gyms marked on the map at at least 2 churches, and one sculpture around where I live, and the 2 gyms near my work are actually restaurants. The park across the road has 2 pokestores, one at the entrance of the park, and one in the back where the community garden is. It seems like they tried to actually scatter stuff around so people had stuff to interact with even if they don't live in a big city.
  • tmi_gang
    Options
    I feel like I'm missing out on all of the fun. lol
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

I've found 3 gyms at churches so far
  • enterdanger
    Options
    Oh, I'm finding that when I close the app, if I go into the app center on my Droid and force close the app it fixes any hang ups and server issues without logging me out of the server. It also seems like more Pokémon appear when I sign back in.
  • tmi_gang
    Options
    Got it working.
    Lol, there's a Charmander on my desktop.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

It'll probably vary from town to town, but it seems like there are a lot of spots! "Gyms" in this game is just using the main pokemon game terminology, where you go to "pokemon gyms" and battle trainers to get badges. In Pokemon Go, they don't have to be REAL gyms, to be game-gyms.

I've seen pokemon gyms marked on the map at at least 2 churches, and one sculpture around where I live, and the 2 gyms near my work are actually restaurants. The park across the road has 2 pokestores, one at the entrance of the park, and one in the back where the community garden is. It seems like they tried to actually scatter stuff around so people had stuff to interact with even if they don't live in a big city.

I know how pokemon works lol(my kids grew up on pokemon) I just mean that a lot of people say they had to go to yoga studios or places like that because it showed up on the app as a pokemon gym. hoping they dont use sculptures for things here as we dont have any. if it would even work in my area lol ,small rural area and all
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I've found 3 gyms at churches so far

not a whole lot of churches around here. Im thinking 5 in a 4 or 5 mile radius? (maybe thats a lot in some areas I dont know lol) I guess I will have to download it and try it out soon.
  • enterdanger
    Options
    Ah! The park in my neighborhood and a gazebo in the apartments behind us are both pokestops. The church across the street is a gym. Gotta get to level 5 before I hit it. I'm a 4. BTW, I read a story last night that a bunch of police stations in Japan are having issues with huge crowds massing there because they are gyms.
  • Blissxx23
    Blissxx23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sigh.. Jogging will never be the same again:/
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    So sad, I was outside the Museum of Natural History and saw a Pikachu show up as nearby. I looked all over for it but could not find it before it disappeared (it could have been across the street in Central Park too). As a consolation, at least I was able to catch a Fearow before my phone died.
  • SyllyReth
    SyllyReth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have been spending a ridiculous amount of time on this. Found a Pikachu tonight. My friend caught it, but mine got away -_-
  • tmi_gang
    Options
    Is the character supposed to move that slow?

I walk maybe 300 feet and he barely moves forward.
  • vladpatrick04
    vladpatrick04 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The other day i found and captured a Pidgey but i dont know how do i level up :(.

BTW there is a way to get Pikachu as your starting pokemon ^^
  • Coleen312
    Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    tmi_gang wrote: »
    Is the character supposed to move that slow?

I walk maybe 300 feet and he barely moves forward.

I have found that once the character has just one footprint left, I have to walk at least 500-1,000 ft to get to where it is (and that's IF I'm moving in the right direction! lol!) I'm certainly getting a lot more steps in by playing this game!