POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going to look into it. Might keep my kids busy.

I'm mostly worried about the data usage though so I might have to wait until I come back from my camping week end.

I wonder how well it works if you're not in cities though? I tried Ingress but it was just frustrating because there is pretty much nothing in my area.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The other day i found and captured a Pidgey but i dont know how do i level up :(.

BTW there is a way to get Pikachu as your starting pokemon ^^

I didn't do this but I have heard that you can walk away from the three several times and then he will appear with them.

To level up you need to catch other pidgeys. Then select the best one to keep. Go to the others and at the bottom press transfer. You'll get pidgey candy, yes it's pokemon specific. Then go to the one you kept and you can either raise up his power (youll need the star dust which you get every tikw you catch something) or evolve him with the right amount of pidgey candy. It will tell you how many you need. It's going to be hard to evolve some of the others that aren't as common.
    I've already evolved a Pidgey and a weedle. It takes 400 to evolve a Magikarp
  • OdditiesAbound
    OdditiesAbound Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The CP you find pokemon at is basically just luck it seems, and the higher level you are as a trainer the more chance you have of finding higher CP pokemon
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Lifehacker.com has an article on how to minimize data usage in the game.
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous, i want to play. No chance here in rurual france
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    So I caught one - and I live in the country...and it said (when I first logged on) to find clues by statues, landmarks, etc. This might be a city slicker game.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    This is what is nearby...not much and nothing less than 2 footprints. I walked to our pond and it was still 2 footprints. See below:

zwvkdfcijuzy.png

Must be better in a populated area.
  • Owlie45
    Options
    The one in the circle, what is it? I've been looking through all the pictures online but I can't figure it out.
    aqpwrdngvwqk.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I walked around with the kids for 40 minutes...

Meh. I agree that it must be a city game. I'm in the suburb, there was nothing at the landmarks (just pokeballs), we did find a few in a restaurant's parking lot and in the street, but absolutely nothing in the blocks farther from the main road. It burns battery and data too so I'm just not sure we'll bother. And it seems it's the same type of pokemons hanging out in the same spots and I'm not driving around trying to find others.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I saw a post on fb from the st Louis, mo police and a news station posted soon after them as well saying armed robbers are setting people up to go to abandoned or very empty lots using this game, so just be safe y'all.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I walked around with the kids for 40 minutes...

Meh. I agree that it must be a city game. I'm in the suburb, there was nothing at the landmarks (just pokeballs), we did find a few in a restaurant's parking lot and in the street, but absolutely nothing in the blocks farther from the main road. It burns battery and data too so I'm just not sure we'll bother. And it seems it's the same type of pokemons hanging out in the same spots and I'm not driving around trying to find others.

hahah ok now i get what this pokemon go stuff is . getting kids and people outside to catch em all

nice
  • jxxcutt
    jxxcutt Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    well due to the fact that i live in the city, i find them everywhere! haha it's so much fun and a great workout
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »
    The one in the circle, what is it? I've been looking through all the pictures online but I can't figure it out.
    aqpwrdngvwqk.png

Goldeen
  • Owlie45
    Options
    xxxTiaxxx wrote: »
    aqpwrdngvwqk.png

Goldeen

Thanks
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    aqpwrdngvwqk.png

Goldeen

I dont think its goldeen,goldeen has a horn on its head the shadow is not quite right. would help if it told what generation pokemon they were
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    aqpwrdngvwqk.png

Goldeen

I dont think its goldeen,goldeen has a horn on its head the shadow is not quite right. would help if it told what generation pokemon they were

Yeah true but it's just the shadow of it

2v8ba7r5jbj2.jpeg

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    aqpwrdngvwqk.png

Goldeen

Yeah true but it's just the shadow of it

2v8ba7r5jbj2.jpeg

yeah this one looks like it. the rest dont in the pokedex weird
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Newscast: "This just in. Yet ANOTHER pedestrian is hit while playing Pokemon Go..."