POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm not a gamer but this game made my 14-year-old finally come out of her room to see the light of day. AND she went out to the barn and dragged out her bike and has gone for several bike rides over the last two days. AND she actually wanted to go for a walk with the rest of the family last night. It's like a stranger has taken over her body :). She's been asking me how far I think she's walked, how far is it from here-to-wherever (she needs to walk a certain distance to do something in the game). We live in the middle of nowhere and the kids are still finding whatever it is they're looking for, including on our own property (a 20-acre farm). So I say, three cheers for PokemonGo!!

That is so awesome to hear. It's the one thing I've been saying since the app has been out. It's really making people come out of their houses and be more active. I dont know how people can say anything bad about that. As for people getting hit by cars... that's their own fault. You still need to watch where you walk.

• fornowiamwinter
    fornowiamwinter Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's been a great way of getting some extra steps in!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    FeedMeFish wrote: »
    xxxTiaxxx wrote: »
    I'm not a gamer but this game made my 14-year-old finally come out of her room to see the light of day. AND she went out to the barn and dragged out her bike and has gone for several bike rides over the last two days. AND she actually wanted to go for a walk with the rest of the family last night. It's like a stranger has taken over her body :). She's been asking me how far I think she's walked, how far is it from here-to-wherever (she needs to walk a certain distance to do something in the game). We live in the middle of nowhere and the kids are still finding whatever it is they're looking for, including on our own property (a 20-acre farm). So I say, three cheers for PokemonGo!!

That is so awesome to hear. It's the one thing I've been saying since the app has been out. It's really making people come out of their houses and be more active. I dont know how people can say anything bad about that. As for people getting hit by cars... that's their own fault. You still need to watch where you walk.

Pokemon Blue/Yellow/Red > PokemonGo. Of course the teens wouldn't understand. They weren't alive when it first got started.
    90's=best decade of Pokemon games

Ofcourse pokemon blue, yellow, and red were the best, I had blue and yellow which I played all the time. But if it's getting people up and moving then it's pretty awesome.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    kk...earlier post it is still correct with an *. I hit a popular hiking/biking trail and found a ton. It may look abandoned in the picture below cuz it was 95F on my run/Pokemon Go walk...but I made it to lvl 4 on a deserted trail.

• Tweaking_Time
    Options
    Sorry...had to switch devices

knryy9cg9bpg.jpeg
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sorry...had to switch devices

knryy9cg9bpg.jpeg

That looks so awesome
  • cinnabondelights
    cinnabondelights Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm stationed in Guam right now and there's absolutely NO pokemon out here unless you go to the mall which is a 45 minute drive (depending on traffic/rush hour), and only then there's only the very common ones up there. ;_;
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »

Pokemon Blue/Yellow/Red > PokemonGo. Of course the teens wouldn't understand. They weren't alive when it first got started.

Ofcourse pokemon blue, yellow, and red were the best, I had blue and yellow which I played all the time. But if it's getting people up and moving then it's pretty awesome.

Which makes it even more sad.
  • Owlie45
    Options
    kk...earlier post it is still correct with an *. I hit a popular hiking/biking trail and found a ton. It may look abandoned in the picture below cuz it was 95F on my run/Pokemon Go walk...but I made it to lvl 4 on a deserted trail.

I hit a trail by the Bay today, before the servers went down. Went up 2 levels. And hatched 2 eggs. One was a Pikachu. Caught several one was a cp219 jinx. Saw a squirtle, dragnair, and ponyta near by.
  • Owlie45
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »

Which makes it even more sad.

They're up and moving that's great. The reason doesn't bother me. Thankfully all it takes to get my nephew (6) out for a walk is "hey let's look for some sheds" we only find bones but he's happy. But if it takes a game so what.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    What do you do with these *kitten* after you catch them?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I live near Seattle and many of the bars are Pokéstops. Some of them are smart and have set up lures. For us 21+ and that like to drink, it's a pretty savvy move to entice customers to come in, knock back a few drinks while catching Pokémon. XD
  • Tweaking_Time
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Found 11 yesterday doing two C25K drills. Made it to level 4.5ish
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've been looooving this game. Been waiting for it to come out for almost a year. Yesterday I walked for 7 miles because of the app and today I intend to get close to hatch a 10km egg. Hatched a ponyta yesterday out of a 5km. Just hope the app doesn't crash since it's still buggy. And my gym is a Pokemon gym I'll be trying to take over today during my cardio warm up and cool down.

Really excited to get the go plus band since everyone I see out is catching Pokemon with their smartphones up too. It's pretty funny.

We live in great times.
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    What do you do with these *kitten* after you catch them?

Train, evolve, battle gyms. They'll be introducing trading then eventually player to player battling I hear. It's all just the beginning right now.