July Move Your *kitten* Challenge...

Options

Replies

• Denise11161978
    Options
    We started the thread last November, so this is the 9th move-your-*kitten* challenge. Over 300 people have participated, however only bluiz13, bigmama65, skinnyack and myself have been in all nine of them. The total mileage we've clocked is about 20,000 miles (the earth has a circumference of approximately 24,900 miles).

46 people started this month's challenge. There's a spreadsheet where I keep track of our progress at:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=t-NSGo4GPIzVC8_b7SoZeZw&pli=1#gid=7

You won't be able to edit it, but I try to keep it updated. You are welcome to check it out, add it to your bookmarks for reference, comment on it or ask me whatever. Have a great month everyone !!

That is awesome I hope to get there at some point
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    2 more miles before and after training session...updated ticker
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Walked 3 miles this morning doing the Leslie Sansome dvd. Ticker is updated!

So glad I joined this...keeps me motivated!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Walked .75 miles for warming up and cooling down, then ran (with a few walk breaks) 3.6 miles.

Love love love trail running. The rougher the terrain, the better! I enjoy running on trails more than walking/hiking on them. When I run, the bugs can't keep up with me. :wink:

Monthly total now at 11.65 miles.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Another 100 steps down. Too bad we can't count sit-ups - I just finished 10 min. of them, and my abs are protesting! :laugh:
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Clocking in for the first time in a month with 3 miles walked/run on the treadmill :bigsmile:
  • xtina1982
    xtina1982 Posts: 37
    Options
    actually, i love this. count me in. let's say 80 miles by the end of the month. :)
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    The 120 challenge sounds awesome Bluiz and vhuber...knock it out. Welcome Back bri1720
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I love the percentage in the spreadsheet, great motivation! Going to have to pick up my pace some. Holiday weekends are hard but I got my husband out there with me today. :)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got in 12 miles over the weekend!!!
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Almost walked 20 miles already, have to get it in if I want to make the 100 miles, as next week I am in a course from 7 am - 7 pm so I don't see walking much in my future that week, unless I can get it in over the lunch break!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Okay, so been out of the loop cause we went camping. However, I kept track of my miles.....YEAH.
    July 1, ran 3.1 miles, biked 8.3 miles
    July 2, biked 7 miles
    July 3, ran 6 miles, biked 9.3 miles
    July 4, biked 7.4 miles

So, I am off to a good start. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

exercise.png

this was from July 4th, 2011
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Okay - I'm back (a little late but hopefully that's okay!) After being out of commssion since mid-April - I REALLY need to move my *kitten* again (gained back almost 10 lbs!) The foot surgery went well but I am not healed enough for running - can certainly walk and plan to try the bike this week. So I will pledge 60 miles to start.

This is my favorite challenge and I have really missed it!!!!

Cheers and Good Luck to all!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Everyone is ROCKING their July! Awesome work and so motivating!!!!

I wish I wasn't at work right now...I want to RUN!!!!!

Keep up the great efforts, everyone!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @ onawhymm & bri1720 Good to see you seasoned veterans back :smile: This July challenge is getting better and better.

Ran 5K yesterday. My plan was to just run the distance without any walk intervals, so I started moving at an easy pace. Halfway through I was feeling strong and decided to pick it up a little, hence I finished in 35 minutes. I feel good .:bigsmile:
  • xtina1982
    xtina1982 Posts: 37
    Options
    started today strong with a 4 mile walk! definitely prefer working out in the AM before i sit down for the day. :)
  • Stephib10
    Stephib10 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    5 k run this morning. Might need to change my route... been doing the same sprint through my neighborhood for months now :) Great job everyone! Let's break a record in July for the number of people that reach their goal!
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Got in 6 miles this weekend. Off to a great start this month! :)
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went for a short 1.9 mile bike ride with my son and walked 2 miles to the fireworks. So another 3.9 for me