Hundred Pushups Challenge for 2009! (January)

Options

Replies

• carla529
    Options
    Yay! :happy:

I will do my assessment tonight! I love a challenge! Woo hoo!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carla! Glad to see you here! I love this challenge! It's awesome and the people on here rock!
    That being said, I'm glad today is my day off. :laugh: Let us know how you do!
    MM
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    great website, i was excited to do the challenge! but . . .

so disappointed that i cant even do 1 decent push up, will i start on the wall pushups or how will i get started, so annoyed with myself already :cry:

any1 else not do one on your assessment? :blushing:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    or maybe i should do the sit up challenge instead? lol
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Great job guys in pushing out those push-ups.

Now for those who are a little intimidated by the thought of many a push-up. I saw the invite/challenge and thought, oh yeah I'm in on this one. I can do 5 (or at least 3). Initial Test; I get on the floor, body nice and straight, whooo whooo, down and puuuussshhh---uuuu...... ok, wait..... again, puuuuusshhhh-uuu..... ok, wait...... on the knee's. There we go - much better. Cheating? Well I'm still feeling tightening in the lower abs so they must work as well on the knee's. Week 1 day 2 (on the knee's) and will do this for a couple weeks and try the full form push-up again. As the belly goes away.

Morale of my story; be encouraged my fellow 3 or 4er's. Doing a few is better than none and we will get to a hundred. :bigsmile:

I'm so weak I have to do them against the wall. But I should see amazing progress, right? That's what I'm telling myself! :bigsmile:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Yes, you should see progress doing them against the wall. You can retest after week one or two and see if you can move on to "girly" push ups. Many girls went through the program with girly push ups. You see results pretty quickly, at least as far as strength goes. There have been many that haven't been able to do one during the initial test, so you are not alone! Just be patient with yourself and don't quit! Seriously, after a week or two, you will see a change. We're here for you!
    MM
  • abullock
    abullock Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    OK - I'm in! But I do belive that it will be "girly" push-ups for me.
  • stevieg_fan
    Options
    I just started day one today! I'm at 6 plank style and looking forward to being able to do more!
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I started this and the 200 Sit up program
  • abullock
    abullock Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The only thing that made feel better about my pathetic results on the push-up assement (13 "girly")was that when taking the sit-up assesment I discovered that I am already able to do 200 sit-ups!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The only thing that made feel better about my pathetic results on the push-up assement (13 "girly")was that when taking the sit-up assesment I discovered that I am already able to do 200 sit-ups!

I was going to do that too. My abs are the strongest part of my body! :bigsmile:
  • MISSTERI
    Options
    :frown: Ok I think I can do this. I want to do this. I am going to that web site and put it in my work out schedule and see what happens. I so want to be able to do 100 push ups. I can't even do one right now.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    WOW! Look at all the new people ready to take on the Challenge! Congratulations to each of you for deciding to start and Welcome!

I am doing week 4, day 2 level 2 (I tried 3 the other day and I could not get near where I needed to be so I moved down to level 2 today.
    at least 25. I could not get that 25th one. But I am ok with that. I've already made up my mind that I am going to do week 4 again next week. Not sure yet if I'll try level 3 or stay with level 2 again. I'll see how I do on Friday.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Welcome new people!
    Keiko I had to redo pretty much every week after week 2. You are doing great!
    Week 6 Day 2 Level 1
    1&2 14
    3&4 15
    5&6 14
    7&8 10
    9 46 (min 44)
    I felt pretty good in my arms but my abs started to give out at 45 on the last set. I could have gone to 50 but I would have had bad form. Off to do sit ups to strengthen those weak abs!
    MM
  • MISSTERI
    Options
    :frown: So LIke I did the initial test and I could barley do one girl push up. I did the first day row one for the weakest of us all. I can barely bend my arms. OH my Golly!! I am so sore. However this is so much fun. I can't wait to be able to do some push ups!!!! :happy:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Good for you Missteri! You should notice a big difference in about two weeks. The soreness goes away eventually. Keep it up!
    MM
  • kchabby76
    Options
    My initial test on Wednesday was 35. I did my first set. I started on Week 3 Day 1. My max was 23.
  • Forpar
    Forpar Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi folks. I was sick and have missed a few days. I'm starting to feel better, so I will try to get back to it tonight. Last night I was up until 2:30 working on my project. :yawn: I should be at week 6, day 3.

Welcome back to week 6, MM!
    Wynnie, Keiko, Forpar - you are all doing great! :flowerforyou: I repeated week 4 two or three times, I think. And it looks like I'm on my 9th or 10th iteration of week 6...:tongue:

Hope you're feeling better cp005e.
    It's good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing setbacks.

Well yesterday, I tried week 4 day 2 but missed the min. on the last set by 6. I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow - I tried it later in the day than normal, and I just think I need to stick to mornings.

Anybody else out there a morning person?
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person! It I don't exercise at 6am it just does not happen. Even if I'm home all day. I might walk the dog later in the day but that's just for a walk and to enjoy being outside.

I have struggled all week. I am going to do week 4 again next week and do the whole week at level 2. Today again was hard. I use to do all my cardio then do my challenges. This week I changed to a 5min cardio warm up, my challenges, then weights for upper body then do my cardio. I thought maybe I wouldn't be so tired. But that was not the case. My arms still got really tired. But that's why it's called a challenge! So I'll be back at it next week.
    Today was week 4, day 3, leve 2
    21 those first 3 sets were ok, this one was really hard to finish
    at least 32, I made it to 28 and could not do another one.

See you all next week! I hope you all have a good weekend!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I was doing mine in the morning and I prefer that but I would start giggling when my 3 year old boy would join me and I had a hard time completing them. :laugh: So I moved it to after lunch when he takes his nap, but today I forgot!:noway: I think I will wait until morning to catch up and start out with a test and then add on from there. If that makes sense. I hope I remember. It's just been a really super busy week!
    MM