POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This is still a city slicker game. I live out of town and I am lucky to find one anywhere.

But when I use a hiking/biking trail (even way out of town) there are lots of critters, supplies, and gyms.

Sitting at my desk at work I am getting about 1 per hour showing up by our mailbox :-) One more should get me to level 5.

rqkihmfwyiow.gif

• MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I love the people on their high horse about others playing this game. A GAME is getting people OUTSIDE! *gasp* If you think about it, some type of game will get people outside - soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. - it's what appeals to the individual.
    pikachuhaters.gif

My husband and I are 29. He played Pokemon when he was a kid (and so did his friends). He and his oldest friends are totally geeking out on it. We are all playing it. We all live in different states now and have different lives, but it's funny we have this group chat about the game. It's pretty adorable. haha!

I am pretty active, but my husband is not, however, he was up on his feet all weekend. We walked around town then took a drive to some bigger areas to hang out and see what we could find. We talked and laughed constantly. We saw a ton of other people playing. Everyone had a smile on their face and just enjoying themselves. It's actually stimulating a lot of social activity too.

Nerd out! Enjoy yourselves.

I use to live in Colorado where I was very active outdoors. I went hiking all the time, walked everywhere or road my bike. I was in awesome shape. Then I moved to Oklahoma and lost my interest to go outside because I get so hot and it was hard to find some place awesome enough to make me want to withstand the heat and bugs that didn't require driving a long time. Since we live in the middle of nowhere everything is a drive. So now we have a reason to make the drive to somewhere to walk and enjoy it and have a distraction from the fact we are being cooked alive. I have a crazy bad sunburn though which sucks but I had a lot of fun.

We used to live in San Francisco and walked everywhere. We would hike a lot too. Now we live in Florida and I feel your pain.

Another plus is we barely spent money this weekend. Super cheap activity.
    chiptease wrote: »
    lacroyx wrote: »
    I live near Seattle and many of the bars are Pokéstops. Some of them are smart and have set up lures. For us 21+ and that like to drink, it's a pretty savvy move to entice customers to come in, knock back a few drinks while catching Pokémon. XD

There's soo many pub crawl events happening this month due to Pokémon Go. Not only that, businesses want to enlist their places as gyms to encourage traffic/business. Some think this game is a fad, but I think it's leading up to more opportunities than we can imagine atm.

I just saw a pub crawl event this weekend. The smart businesses with pokestops are going to make a killing.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love the people on their high horse about others playing this game. A GAME is getting people OUTSIDE! *gasp* If you think about it, some type of game will get people outside - soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. - it's what appeals to the individual.
    pikachuhaters.gif

My husband and I are 29. He played Pokemon when he was a kid (and so did his friends). He and his oldest friends are totally geeking out on it. We are all playing it. We all live in different states now and have different lives, but it's funny we have this group chat about the game. It's pretty adorable. haha!

I am pretty active, but my husband is not, however, he was up on his feet all weekend. We walked around town then took a drive to some bigger areas to hang out and see what we could find. We talked and laughed constantly. We saw a ton of other people playing. Everyone had a smile on their face and just enjoying themselves. It's actually stimulating a lot of social activity too.

I use to live in Colorado where I was very active outdoors. I went hiking all the time, walked everywhere or road my bike. I was in awesome shape. Then I moved to Oklahoma and lost my interest to go outside because I get so hot and it was hard to find some place awesome enough to make me want to withstand the heat and bugs that didn't require driving a long time. Since we live in the middle of nowhere everything is a drive. So now we have a reason to make the drive to somewhere to walk and enjoy it and have a distraction from the fact we are being cooked alive. I have a crazy bad sunburn though which sucks but I had a lot of fun.

We used to live in San Francisco and walked everywhere. We would hike a lot too. Now we live in Florida and I feel your pain.

I live near Seattle and many of the bars are Pokéstops. Some of them are smart and have set up lures. For us 21+ and that like to drink, it's a pretty savvy move to entice customers to come in, knock back a few drinks while catching Pokémon. XD

There's soo many pub crawl events happening this month due to Pokémon Go. Not only that, businesses want to enlist their places as gyms to encourage traffic/business. Some think this game is a fad, but I think it's leading up to more opportunities than we can imagine atm.

I just saw a pub crawl event this weekend. The smart businesses with pokestops are going to make a killing.

Yeah, it is much cheaper. I like that my fiance wants to go out with me now and I can get him off Halo. I love my video games but I also can't just sit around a lot and do nothing. Now he wants to be more active with me! We also hung out with friends all day doing this. So fun! And they could make a fortune from this game if they had business pay to be a pokestop or gym. A guy here who owns a comic book store wants to get them to make it a gym.
  • JustKen74
    JustKen74 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Finally learned about pokestops... I have so many around here at work. This game is the shiznit!
  • drbuzzard91
    drbuzzard91 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i have 50 pokemon and have almost crashed a few times lol
  • vladpatrick04
    vladpatrick04 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous, i want to play. No chance here in rurual france

Just look for the apk online and install the game, then you are ready to go
  • OdditiesAbound
    OdditiesAbound Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    c8kljkri55jw.png

Not in a city plenty of stops and gyms

What mythical land do you live in where Team Instinct has some actual clout and owns gyms? I need to move there haha.

I think I am one of like 3 team yellow folks in my entire city, eveeeeeeery gym is blue/red haha.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    pikachuhaters.gif

Yeah, it is much cheaper. I like that my fiance wants to go out with me now and I can get him off Halo. I love my video games but I also can't just sit around a lot and do nothing. Now he wants to be more active with me! We also hung out with friends all day doing this. So fun! And they could make a fortune from this game if they had business pay to be a pokestop or gym. A guy here who owns a comic book store wants to get them to make it a gym.
    Found this online OfB8mbM.jpg
    it's a Chinese restaurant somewhere in Iowa.
  • greeneyedfurball
    greeneyedfurball Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm older (55) and haven't bought the game, but I'm impressed with the way it gets people moving, so I'm considering it for myself. My 21-year-old daughter told me she walked 7 miles yesterday (playing the game), and had already walked quite a bit on Saturday. Anything that adds fun to exercise is awesome in my book.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    What do you do with these *kitten* after you catch them?

Train, evolve, battle gyms. They'll be introducing trading then eventually player to player battling I hear. It's all just the beginning right now.

May as well be speaking greek :(
  • vladpatrick04
    vladpatrick04 Posts: 52 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Guys if anyone is intrested, i made a group specially about Pokemon Go, it's called Pokemon Go (what a surprise)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous, i want to play. No chance here in rurual france

Just look for the apk online and install the game, then you are ready to go

you have to watch downloading it online if it isnt from a legit app site. theres one malicious pokemon go app that will hijack your phone. theres reasons why its not released in other countries right now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I went to the park today and it was crazy, 20 people playing it next to a big pokespot.

I got frustrated though, game keeps locking up on me (pretty much every time I catch a pokemon) and my kids really suck at catching Pokemons and I'm tired of wasting pokeballs.

Now I have to walk 15 km to hatch some eggs but I'd rather listen to my music if I'm going for a walk, so I don't know if it's going to happen. I'll probably wait until they fix the bugs before trying again.
  • TheOriginalUglyFatty
    TheOriginalUglyFatty Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Pokemon GO is the only thing that's made me walk more than an hour at a time. I freakin' love it.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Pokey Man Go makes about as much sense as this one to me;

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    15.8k today. Level 0-10! If you're in Vegas, go to Sunset park. There's like 1000 people there.
  • whitey7862
    whitey7862 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This app is awesome I have seen more "young" people out walking every night in my small town! Apparently u need make sure to stay aware of not only your game surroundings but in real life, since some people our using our fun game as a way to draw out and mug unsuspecting Pokemon trainers!! So good luck everyone!!!
  • KD454
    KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Soooooo much fun though ^^^^^