POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

I feel like at this point every new big app gets people all worked up over privacy issues. Same thing happened with facebook messenger, I remember tons of friends swore never to download it because "it is spying on us" and now 90% of them use it. I've pretty much come to peace with that anything that has access to the internet is not private, so I minimize the risk by having different (unconnected) accounts for different types of services (like I wouldnt attach my bank accounts to the same email as my social networks) and keep on enjoying myself.
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    is out now so ima be walking around for miles getting fit and catching pokemon...thats all Good DAY!!! I said good day!

That's what I am looking forward to now!

• KD454
    KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    jsdr7h90ri5a.png
    Level 5 yay!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Somehow these dumb Pokemon are on one of my local mountain bike trails. Have already had to call the police on a kid riding his motorcycle out there because he is playing a game. People are walking on the trails making it dangerous. It's annoying.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    anyone else see that post about the neighbor graveyard having a ton of spots? ><
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Somehow these dumb Pokemon are on one of my local mountain bike trails. Have already had to call the police on a kid riding his motorcycle out there because he is playing a game. People are walking on the trails making it dangerous. It's annoying.

getoffmylawn.gif

There's always going to be some lazy *kitten*. Knock him off the motorcycle and tell him to walk. Damn youths!
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This app is awesome. So much nostalgia :)
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    This is still a city slicker game. I live out of town and I am lucky to find one anywhere.

But when I use a hiking/biking trail (even way out of town) there are lots of critters, supplies, and gyms.

Sitting at my desk at work I am getting about 1 per hour showing up by our mailbox :-) One more should get me to level 5.

rqkihmfwyiow.gif

That gif nearly made me spit out my coffee from laughing. bahahahaha!
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded it. I'm in the uk so had to create a fake American account. Just got my first one :)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time last night. Walked 5.2 miles, got to level 6. Found a Jigglypuff, so I am happy. I do so like the Jigglypuffs.

I can't battle for *kitten*, though. Still a noob I guess.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    I love the people on their high horse about others playing this game. A GAME is getting people OUTSIDE! *gasp* If you think about it, some type of game will get people outside - soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. - it's what appeals to the individual.
    pikachuhaters.gif

My husband and I are 29. He played Pokemon when he was a kid (and so did his friends). He and his oldest friends are totally geeking out on it. We are all playing it. We all live in different states now and have different lives, but it's funny we have this group chat about the game. It's pretty adorable. haha!

I am pretty active, but my husband is not, however, he was up on his feet all weekend. We walked around town then took a drive to some bigger areas to hang out and see what we could find. We talked and laughed constantly. We saw a ton of other people playing. Everyone had a smile on their face and just enjoying themselves. It's actually stimulating a lot of social activity too.

Nerd out! Enjoy yourselves.

I use to live in Colorado where I was very active outdoors. I went hiking all the time, walked everywhere or road my bike. I was in awesome shape. Then I moved to Oklahoma and lost my interest to go outside because I get so hot and it was hard to find some place awesome enough to make me want to withstand the heat and bugs that didn't require driving a long time. Since we live in the middle of nowhere everything is a drive. So now we have a reason to make the drive to somewhere to walk and enjoy it and have a distraction from the fact we are being cooked alive. I have a crazy bad sunburn though which sucks but I had a lot of fun.

We used to live in San Francisco and walked everywhere. We would hike a lot too. Now we live in Florida and I feel your pain.

Another plus is we barely spent money this weekend. Super cheap activity.
    chiptease wrote: »
    lacroyx wrote: »
    I live near Seattle and many of the bars are Pokéstops. Some of them are smart and have set up lures. For us 21+ and that like to drink, it's a pretty savvy move to entice customers to come in, knock back a few drinks while catching Pokémon. XD

There's soo many pub crawl events happening this month due to Pokémon Go. Not only that, businesses want to enlist their places as gyms to encourage traffic/business. Some think this game is a fad, but I think it's leading up to more opportunities than we can imagine atm.

I just saw a pub crawl event this weekend. The smart businesses with pokestops are going to make a killing.

Yeah, it is much cheaper. I like that my fiance wants to go out with me now and I can get him off Halo. I love my video games but I also can't just sit around a lot and do nothing. Now he wants to be more active with me! We also hung out with friends all day doing this. So fun! And they could make a fortune from this game if they had business pay to be a pokestop or gym. A guy here who owns a comic book store wants to get them to make it a gym.
    Found this online OfB8mbM.jpg
    it's a Chinese restaurant somewhere in Iowa.

That is awesome. I just read somewhere on FB about that.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Guys if anyone is intrested, i made a group specially about Pokemon Go, it's called Pokemon Go (what a surprise)

Not finding it. I found someone else's.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

I feel like at this point every new big app gets people all worked up over privacy issues. Same thing happened with facebook messenger, I remember tons of friends swore never to download it because "it is spying on us" and now 90% of them use it. I've pretty much come to peace with that anything that has access to the internet is not private, so I minimize the risk by having different (unconnected) accounts for different types of services (like I wouldnt attach my bank accounts to the same email as my social networks) and keep on enjoying myself.

hey just letting people know. not to mention the rogue app going around that is gaining access to everything on your device,calls,etc
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I saw 3 boys hunting down Pokemon today on a street corner. I'm thinking it's time to get this app
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here...bavr0qyzfafb.jpeg
  • KD454
    KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options

Why on Earth would you even date a nerd then if you can't handle him playing Pokemon Go? Basically, you have two options be an amazing gf/wife and play with him or go out and find you some less nerdy guy to date.

This ^^^^^

Thanks from the nerds
  • JustKen74
    JustKen74 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

You seem to be a type of wife where the hubby wished you would go cheat so he can go ahead and get that divorce.