New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    There have been a couple of posts about this product before, but the Instant Pot is on sale today for Primeday. I took the plunge about bought it. Super excited for it! I started eating a lot more roasted veggies in the slow cooker and would love to cut the time I use to cook beans.

For new products, I haven't tried them yet, but I bought Tiny Toast blueberry flavor. The strawberry was very nice.

You will LOVE it, trust me. ;) Mine's going to be making a pot of broth tomorrow morning.
    I cannot wait. :#

How exactly do I convert some recipes from slow cooker time to pressure cooker time? I've basically just been using this recipe for vegetables, three hours on high.

I've only been able to find times for steaming vegetables, which seems like it would take more time to prepare than I would like and less tasty.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    There have been a couple of posts about this product before, but the Instant Pot is on sale today for Primeday. I took the plunge about bought it. Super excited for it! I started eating a lot more roasted veggies in the slow cooker and would love to cut the time I use to cook beans.

For new products, I haven't tried them yet, but I bought Tiny Toast blueberry flavor. The strawberry was very nice.

You will LOVE it, trust me. ;) Mine's going to be making a pot of broth tomorrow morning.

How exactly do I convert some recipes from slow cooker time to pressure cooker time? I've basically just been using this recipe for vegetables, three hours on high.

I've only been able to find times for steaming vegetables, which seems like it would take more time to prepare than I would like and less tasty.

Well the instant pot has a slow cook option too, I just haven't used it, lol.

I've done steamed veggies and they turn out well, just got to adjust the time as needed (I might have way overcooked the broccoli the first time).
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Sorry for so many posts, but I just tried Arctic Zero's Banana Pudding chunky pint.
    For 300 calories I would rather eat Halo Top, but this is definitely my new favorite AZ flavor more so than the cookie dough and brownie blast, I am shocked and didn't see that coming since I'm not normally a huge fruit person! I loved it though, so creamy and sweet, full of flavor! Definitely a must try for Arctic Zero fans (non Arctic Zero fans probably won't be converted though). As always: let it thaw!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options

I usually just look up recipes or use the guidelines provided in the manual. I've always had great results using either method.

There is a slow cook option. I've made soups and chilis using that before and had them turn out really well. The sauté option is great for fried potatoes, since you can steam them in the pot using pressure (to actually cook them) and then crisp them without having to use different pots and pans. The pressure works great for chicken, too. Some pastured chickens can be a little tough (from the exercise, I guess?) but the pressure makes them all fork-tender!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Orgain came out with a line of protein bars in four flavors and just announced it yesterday with a promotion for free shipping on the four bars which were also on sale for $6. So yesterday I spent $6 and was surprised to see them already waiting in my mailbox when I got home today! Probably won't try today or tomorrow, but I'm very interested to see how they taste, definitely can't complain about what I paid!

rcegl08h1sl0.jpg

Really interested in these!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Clif builder chocolate hazelnut. Not new but new to me because never tried this flavor before. Higher calorie than my usual bars but so worth it. One of my new favorites.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Halo Top or Arctic Zero stuff...... where could I get this in Canada? If not available any idea what "our" alternatives would be?

Their website does not list all the locations that carry it. I have found them (in USA) in the organic/health food sections. Also, if your grocer is cool they may have a suggestion box that you could put in a request. A few local chains are picking up to this trend and stocking more and faster every time I visit.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Tried Starbucks' new iced coconut milk mocha macchiato and I must say, really really good, definitely my new favorite iced beverage there! I love macchiatos but usually don't care for them iced too much, so I really look forward to trying the hot one. It was super sweet so I wouldn't recommend if you don't like sugary coffee, but if you love drinking dessert it's perfection! I always thought their coconut milk tasted off, but I didn't experience that with this drink at all, it worked very well!
  • planetfatty
    planetfatty Posts: 28 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've been eyeing up the flavoured Super Greens powder from the Protein Works website. I bought the unflavoured kind a few years back and NOPE NOPE NOPE. I couldn't stomach it, it was like literal swamp water. But apparently the flavoured kinds are tolerable, so I'll give it a try. I don't know how much I believe the "one serving equals 5 portions of fruit and veg" thing but it's not going to replace fresh produce for me, so even if the benefits are somewhat hyped up, it's worth a go.

Also, I'm kind of obsessed with raw apple cider vinegar at the moment. It's not new but I tried it for the first time a few months ago and now I use it all the time.

I'm also excited to try PB2 - the plain and the chocolate - because I've heard such good things about it.

Another not-really-new-but-new-to-me thing is the candy cane Hershey Kisses. Oh man. The pumpkin spice ones too, but Amazon doesn't stock them anymore. I hate normal plain Hershey's chocolate (I think it tastes like how farmyards smell) but the little minty Kisses are the shiz.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    f50hd2iepth0.jpg
    I just saw these on GNC's site. I don't want to buy a box without trying a single first, but I like MuscleTech's protein powder and would love to have a tasty cookies and cream bar to replace Quest (I don't like the new formula). They have a 5 star rating, but all the reviews seem of questionable authenticity...

I like them! They are similar to quest bars imo if you have tried them

• antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    11250178_820766648036440_1768779784_n.jpg
    Pure Fusion bars.
    I have been on the hunt for a quest bar replacement and these are EXACTLY the same. The ingredients are the same down to the the ISOs for fiber. I've tried...

Chocolate Hazlenut: Like nutella, so good with chunks of nuts in it
    Chocolate caramel: Better than a brownie. Kind of tastes like luna bar caramel brownie but in quest bar form
    Pistachio pumpkin: I love pistachios so this was wonderful!
    Cinnamon roll: Not exactly like my favorite quest bar cinnamon roll, but very close. It was more cinnamony and I liked the pecans in it compared to quest. Was my favorite out of all the ones I tried!
    PB&J: Fantastic! Exactly what I wanted, better than quest PB&J
    Vanilla PB: Very good, very nice and peanut buttery. Nice bar because quest I didnt like the peanut butter one was very boring, but this one is fantastic.

I just wish they had my second fav flavor white chocolate raspberry!

Hmm I should look into those...
    where do you buy them?

• Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Pure Fusion bars.
    I have been on the hunt for a quest bar replacement and these are EXACTLY the same. The ingredients are the same down to the the ISOs for fiber. I've tried...

Chocolate caramel: Better than a brownie. Kind of tastes like luna bar caramel brownie but in quest bar form
    Cinnamon roll: Not exactly like my favorite quest bar cinnamon roll, but very close. It was more cinnamony and I liked the pecans in it compared to quest. Was my favorite out of all the ones I tried!
    Vanilla PB: Very good, very nice and peanut buttery. Nice bar because quest I didnt like the peanut butter one was very boring, but this one is fantastic.

where do you buy them?

I contacted the website and asked for free samples :). Dont think they are sold in stores.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Pure Fusion bars.

where do you buy them?

I contacted the website and asked for free samples :). Dont think they are sold in stores.

They're sold in the Vitamin Shoppe, or at least the one near my house in Maryland! I tried the cookies & cream and really liked it!

I also returned to Starbucks to try the hot version of the coconut milk mocha macchiato and must say, so much less impressive than the iced version. Tasted weird. Maybe coconut milk just gets an off taste from the heating process?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2016
    Options
    155040.jpg?s=True
    First bite 0/10. Reminded me of no cow bars. I am not a fan of pea protein, very dry. As I ate it it grew on me though and I kinda liked it. Nothing I would buy again though. 4/10
  • hgycta
    Options
    Not sure how long this has been out but I noticed someone walk out of wawa with it so I immediately went in and hunted it down, never even seen it at cold stone's actual store which is weird. Overall I thought it was good, but not something to go out of your way for. Tastes just like any other vanilla flavored iced coffee drink honestly, nothing special, kind of too sweet

awdbymn9bw6c.jpg
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    f50hd2iepth0.jpg
    I just saw these on GNC's site. I don't want to buy a box without trying a single first, but I like MuscleTech's protein powder and would love to have a tasty cookies and cream bar to replace Quest (I don't like the new formula). They have a 5 star rating, but all the reviews seem of questionable authenticity...

I like them! They are similar to quest bars imo if you have tried them

i tried these and their brownie flavor as well... they're not terrible, but i thought they were way too hard - honestly hurt my jaw to chew.
  • hgycta
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So I got to try even more things I had been meaning to try tonight:

Denny's new fluffier buttermilk pancakes:
    Delicious! Honestly not as big as I was expecting (especially after reading reviews of how massive they are), they were about the same size as the buttermilk pancakes from IHOP. I never got pancakes from Denny's before so maybe they're massive compared to the old ones, but nothing "massive" to someone used to diner pancakes by any means. This being said, they blew me away regardless. They tasted like birthday cake, they could have honestly marketed themselves as such! Very pleasant and distinct vanilla flavor, soft texture, and delicious. Every part of me felt like I was eating a piece of cake (which in a way, I guess I was).

7-Eleven's new birthday cake flavored cappuccino:
    I haven't been able to find the slurpee version, but I'm more of a coffee drinker anyways so when I saw this I quickly got over the disappointment, especially when I took a whiff and noticed how strong it smelled like birthday cake. Until I took a sip. Was it good? Yes, very smooth and sweet like their other self serve powdered cappuccinos. But that's it. No birthday cake flavor, not even a subtle hint towards one. Denny's tasted more like a birthday cake than this did. Very disappointed, would not recommend.
  • realcalm
    realcalm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just tried oikos triple zero. Fabulous - vanilla, chocolate. Better taste than "simply 100". It is sweetened with stevia.
  • hollyvalli
    hollyvalli Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried anything from The Lions Choice? Strawberry Cheesecake, with protein, low carb & low sodium? Sounds pretty awesome.