Hurtful comments towards my appearance.

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited July 2016
    You look great!! If they have the audacity to say something again look them right in the eye and say "what an unkind thing to say." I bet they will look away first.

I actually second this. I am only just beginning to realize the power of calling out someone's rudeness, and forcing them to maintain eye contact until they break. Psychologically it's very uncomfortable to the other person, and they will avoid it (and their nasty comments) in the future.
  • bbubb1
    bbubb1 Posts: 63 Member
    You look fantastic! Don't listen to unkind people, they are just jealous!! Congratulations on a job well done!!!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,315 Member
    If they knew you before you lost weight then realize they still have a mental picture of you with the weight. When what you look like now and what you looked like in their head conflict they will see you, looking perfectly healthy, as being unhealthy. In time they will get used to it. In the mean time, ignore them, you look amazing.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,246 Member
    What a couple of jealous B's! You look quite lovely and the before/after photos show your hard work. You are at a healthy weight for your height. Also, as another poster said - LOVE <3 Love your tattoo! Just consider those stupid comments as one more pin in your heart that will just make you stronger!

Mean people suck.
  • wolfgirl78
    wolfgirl78 Posts: 56 Member
    Congratulations on your success! You look beautiful, not sickly or guant. Those bishes were probably jealous. Don't let the haters get you down.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    A couple points you're very attractive young lady you look fine very cute.
    The next thing since you're young you'll learn this as you get older a lot of people are just bitter *kitten*. When they look at you they're jealous of the work you've put in or without knowing the amount of work you put in to make themselves better they try to put you down.
    As one of the previous posters have said we live in a generation where overweight is becoming normal and when your normal you stick out

Congrats on what you've done and enjoy your life
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    You look great! Sounds to me like someone is more than a little jealous of your success. Just shake it off. You should be proud of your success.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I would have replied with the phone number for the nearest eye doctor and suggest that they make an appointment.

Also ignore the comment about looking pale, need lip tint, blah blah blah. You don't need to change a thing.

Don't let them get to you. You have made a lot of progress and you should be very proud of yourself.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    You look great to me. Those before and after pics are awesome! There's a thread that went around here last week about fit shaming I encourage you to check out. I'm guessing the offensive parties were jealous of your success and felt the need to bring you down to feel better about themselves. Hold your head high and be proud of your hard work.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    You. Are. Adorable. Please don't let what others hurtful comments bring you down - it's jealousy, or who knows what else - but those who matter in your life and TRULY LOVE YOU - will just support you. Chin up!! xo
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Thanks for the make up tips, i apologize for not being tanned? i dont really know how to respond to that comment.

You know... that was her 1st post ever? And please disregard HER comments as well as they were rude. You are not too skinny, you look lovely and your makeup is perfect. What a weirdo (her, not you!!).
  • itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss! They're just jealous. Many people in my life started making hurtful comments once I lost a lot of weight (359lbs at my heaviest, 170 at lightest, 200 now losing again). They judge themselves based on how much you weigh, as in they feel okay as long as they can still look down at you for your weight. When you pass them up (down?) on the scale it forces them to look at their overall health and size honestly. They change their tune quickly from "No one cares how much you weigh" to "OMG I must be so fat and ugly if even YOU weigh less than me". I've heard that so many times. True colors come out. Keep your chin up, you look beautiful.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,159 Member
    139 is the weight you are and people have to get used to seeing the "new" you!

I'm 5'1" and weigh about 120...... You are saving your knees, hips and health by losing the extra weight.

Stay Strong.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    They are just not used to the way you look now. You know you look good, so, try not to internalize what they say. You are young and you will hear lots of things throughout your life. Just work on being self confident, then, nothing anybody says will really get to you.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Kris, you look amazing and wear your eyeliner how ever you want. Some people are just idiots! <3
  • madguru7
    madguru7 Posts: 37 Member
    Well that's just a terrible thing to say to someone. They should be ashamed. Perhaps they're jealous of your accomplishment? You need to be happy with the new you. I see you smiling in those two recent pics. Keep smiling. You look happy and healthy. Congrats on the weight loss.
  • ginaDDDD
    ginaDDDD Posts: 27 Member
    Omg you are so adorable and cute and beautiful!!
  • amb3rj0y
    amb3rj0y Posts: 47 Member
    Some people always have something negative to say. Probably just projecting their insecurities onto you. You look great and should be proud of your weight loss :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    You do look different from before. Your cheeks do not look too thin. Your eyes do not look sunken. If they do not see you often they may be surprised at the change. In no way do you look sick though.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,724 Member
    I guess i just cant wrap my head around the jealousy, i helped her lose the 15 pounds she wanted to lose, she weighs a few pounds less then i do. =/ so she had success too.. why be jealous of me?

I dunno. Competition? You don't both like the same guy, do you? Or going for the same job? Heh. Who knows.

But here's a weird one. Now I see you actually have some closer than just to say hello familiarity with this person. Is there any chance at all that this wasn't about your weight? I mean from wherever the hell far I sit, I think it was, but now I'm wondering.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    I get told this all the time. If you just met them today they would accept you as you are. They are just going through a period of adjustment in how they see you.

Congratulations on the weight loss. I agree with the comments on the makeup though. Not that you need to change it but i agree that lighter eye liner ( maybe just top lid) a bit of sheer blush and lip colour (sheer coral red?) would be more flattering - but thats my taste and also an area of interest for me.

I changed my hair colour from dyed black to natural brown and had to overhaul my entire makeup. It was fun actually.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    I think you look great. I've gotten many of the same comments from people and as hard as I try to blow it off, it's still hurtful. I tend to be self conscious all on my own without commentary from others.....

I will say that the comparison pics you posted (phenomenal change btw!) show your face as being quite thin now. I think this is why they're using the word "gaunt". I have the same exact thing going on though as my face has gotten quite slim. It's just where we lost the weight girl, and there's nothing wrong with it. I think it just startles people seeing so much change, and...,people being people....they don't know when to keep their mouths shut.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    You are beautiful. I'm sorry for the person who decided to take this opportunity to tell you to tan and change up your makeup...just one more person not to listen to!

Seriously though, the people saying these things might be so used to seeing you one way, that they don't know what to say. They may be saying these things because they are comparing your "new" face to your "old" one, and comparing the two there is a big difference. I think if you started out at this weight and lost 5 pounds, they wouldn't notice that dramatic a difference, but because the loss was so big (and awesome!) they may see it as a negative out of jealousy, or maybe even concern. Brush it off, look at your beautiful self in the mirror, and smile, because you look great!
  • Needtolosefive
    Needtolosefive Posts: 17 Member
    You look gorgeous, OP. I have the same problem as you. Although I'm not at my goal weight yet (five pounds left) people tell me that my face is unattractive and gaunt and that I look "bony". Don't let it get to you.
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    You look cute and not sick, they are probably either jealous or just not used to the comparison. But you're doing this for you, not coworkers
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    I don't know your co-workers so I can't really comment if they're jealous. But it's very possible that they meant well (albeit, not very tactful about it). I'm commenting based on my experience losing lots of weigh. When certain people, who only see you a couple of days a week, see the huge change in your appearance, it's a huge shock. This change is many times associated with illness. This can lead them to think that something is wrong. After losing >100 pounds, I was approached by a co-worker, who I hardly ever spoke to, and she asked me if I'm feeling well. When I told her I've never felt better, she was visibly relieved. I think she really thought I was losing weigh because of an illness.
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    You look absolutely great, I can only assume that anyone saying otherwise is jealous! Or insecure! X
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Shana67 wrote: »
    Thanks for the make up tips, i apologize for not being tanned? i dont really know how to respond to that comment.

You know... that was her 1st post ever? And please disregard HER comments as well as they were rude. You are not too skinny, you look lovely and your makeup is perfect. What a weirdo (her, not you!!).

Wonder if this is her rude person ???