Hurtful comments towards my appearance.

Options
61reibtuev50.jpg

I took this photo July 13th 2016.

Today a couple of co workers told me that I looked Sick and Gaunt.
I had to google what that word meant as i had never heard it before.
They told me that my cheeks were thin and my eyes were sunken in and that i didn't look healthy.

I am 5 foot 3, 139.2 pounds and at my goal weight.
I cried after i was told this.. Losing 113 pounds, i feel very self conscious still about my body, as far as loose skin goes, etc, but i didn't think i looked that bad?

Please be honest, do i look ill?

Replies

• juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You do not look ill. You look wonderful! Try not to let mean comments get to you.
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look healthy and beautiful to me. You've done an amazing thing; be proud of yourself!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You look great. Don't allow people with self esteem problems put their issues on you.
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    No, you do not look ill at all. You look great to me. Congrats on your huge weight loss.
  • JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Who ever said that to you has problems. Keep your chin up and be proud because all of that is nonsense!
  • MaryPoole1
    MaryPoole1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First off, don't take other people's opinions too much to heart. ESPECIALLY if their comments are mean spirited or if these people are not super close to you. Second, I think you're a cutie. You look a little like my daughter actually. She is very small and skinny and has the same face shape. About your appearance- in this photo, you DO look a little pale or washed out to me. I think part of that may be due to your makeup. I think your liner is a too heavy and dark and your lips or cheeks could use a touch of subtle color- think lip balm with a little bit of a tint. it's also possible you may have some extra skin going on after the weight loss, and even if you're a healthy weight it could be making you look "wasted away". You do almost look hungry in this picture, but I think mostly you just look unsure of yourself. You don't need other people's approval, just your own. :) Congratulations on the weight loss and make sure you continue to get a well rounded diet that includes healthy fats- such as avocados, olives/olive oil, nuts, etc.
  • JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    MaryPoole1 wrote: »
    First off, don't take other people's opinions too much to heart. ESPECIALLY if their comments are mean spirited or if these people are not super close to you. Second, I think you're a cutie. You look a little like my daughter actually. She is very small and skinny and has the same face shape. About your appearance- in this photo, you DO look a little pale or washed out to me. I think part of that may be due to your makeup. I think your liner is a too heavy and dark and your lips or cheeks could use a touch of subtle color- think lip balm with a little bit of a tint. it's also possible you may have some extra skin going on after the weight loss, and even if you're a healthy weight it could be making you look "wasted away". You do almost look hungry in this picture, but I think mostly you just look unsure of yourself. You don't need other people's approval, just your own. :) Congratulations on the weight loss and make sure you continue to get a well rounded diet that includes healthy fats- such as avocados, olives/olive oil, nuts, etc.

I'm really eager to see pictures of you now. I promise to be as kind as you . . .

I second that!!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the make up tips, i apologize for not being tanned? i dont really know how to respond to that comment.

you look great to me. Your make up suits you :-) There are plenty of people will try and knock you. This has nothing to do with as such and everything to do with them. They have insecurities and then seem to need to pull other people down to pull themselves up - f**k um, really. Don't carry idiots around in your head. You have done a truly fantastic job. Try and realize it
  • Dali032484
    Dali032484 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Kris, thanks for posting your before and after. You look amazing girl! Great job!