What is going on with all the cops being shot

Options

Replies

• Jenovadeathspecimen
    Jenovadeathspecimen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I havn't heard about cops being shot, then again I don't watch the news.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Big Fitness Pal :hushed:

LOL B)

• StuDuza
    StuDuza Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    People, groups and governments come together when they all have the same agenda, thats all. No one is getting banned.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    Well, a least there is no conspiracy to get me banned then. Thnx
    There is no conspiracy anywhere. All these bad things in the world happen because people are fcuked up and nobody wants to go by "live and let live".

I think this.

• Gamliela
    Options
    Well, I hope Cutaway is right.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    France had so much terrorism, it just wasn't safe there anymore.
  • MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I live here in Louisiana where the latest shooting happened.....this is some scary *kitten*!!! I work an hour west of Baton Rouge, I have family that live there. This violence is getting way out of control.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Cutaway, I doubt your thing about the colouring of JC, he wasn't ashkenazi.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I live here in Louisiana where the latest shooting happened.....this is some scary *kitten*!!! I work an hour west of Baton Rouge, I have family that live there. This violence is getting way out of control.

Yeah, its getting scary everywhere allthe time for everyone.

• Gamliela
    Options
    Who is this guy?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    Well, a least there is no conspiracy to get me banned then. Thnx
    There is no conspiracy anywhere. All these bad things in the world happen because people are fcuked up and nobody wants to go by "live and let live".

thats just what they WANT you to think
    Really, dude?

A blonde, blue eyed white dude with a six pack once asked us all to love one another from atop a mount and cited that if followed, the world will be a good place and a place is guaranteed in the firmament. Was he wrong?

I would have thought you were talking about Jesus Christ but the hair and eye color as well as abs threw me. Who are you talking about?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    You forgot the "what's with all the innocent people being shot" & the "we're in the middle of a war on race and too many people are dying".

I'm surprised you're the first person to mention this. The shootings are tragic, but they are also not happening in a vacuum, but rather in the context of other deplorable incidences.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/f3qur6/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-the-fatal-shootings-of-alton-sterling-and-philando-castile

Why is it not considered deplorable to most and is completely ignored and overlooked when, say, black gang members kill other black people? It happens all the time all over the states, but you don't see it on the news or people protesting and rioting for all those lives that were lost. I'm genuinely curious as to the answers.

While black gang members killing other black people doesn't get the same current news saturation as black people being killed in police custody, it is certainly not ignored, overlooked, or not protested in my new sources.

ETA 'current' before 'news saturation', because while black people being killed by police has been happening for quite some time, it's only since the age of social media and ubiquitous camera phones that this has received enough coverage to make a difference.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    You forgot the "what's with all the innocent people being shot" & the "we're in the middle of a war on race and too many people are dying".

I'm surprised you're the first person to mention this. The shootings are tragic, but they are also not happening in a vacuum, but rather in the context of other deplorable incidences.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/f3qur6/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-the-fatal-shootings-of-alton-sterling-and-philando-castile

Why is it not considered deplorable to most and is completely ignored and overlooked when, say, black gang members kill other black people? It happens all the time all over the states, but you don't see it on the news or people protesting and rioting for all those lives that were lost. I'm genuinely curious as to the answers.

If the bold part is true, I'll take a shot at giving you a legitimate answer:

(1) Things that happen "all the time" aren't what go on the news. News is for things that don't happen much. You know, man bites dog vs dog bites man.

(2) When criminals kill people, folks assume that's part of what criminals do. They commit crime. When police kill people, well, that's not what police are for, is it?

(2a) We hold public servants up to a higher standard than criminals.

(3) You're a bit misinformed. Murder doesn't happen constantly in every part of our country. The violent crime rate has been going down for decades.
This discussion has been closed.