What vitamin do you take? When do you take it?

Options
breesu
breesu Posts: 14 Member
I take Alive! Women's Gummy Vitamin every morning... my problem is that it tastes absolutely disgusting, haha. I've been taking it for a month now and I still can't handle it. I actually gag. Sooo... after this bottle runs out I definitely want to switch to another vitamin.

What do you guys take? I'm sure it tastes a helluva lot better than what I'm taking! Please give me suggestions!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I just eat food. Do you have a deficiency?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Right now taking prenatal vitamins that I take in two doses.

Normally I just take vitamin D because I am deficient.

If you are not deficient, there is really no reason to take a supplement.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I take a one a day pill with a large glass of water.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I just take an iron tablet as I'm low in iron, usually with a glass of orange juice or lemon water to help absorb it on an empty stomach 2 hours before eating or drinking, so I know I'm absorbing it.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I take women's one a day. Why do you get gummies? Just get pills, they'll save you around 30 calories and you don't have to worry about it tasting bad lol
  • breesu
    breesu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    yes, I have multiple deficiencies and have been advised to invest in a vitamin supplement by my doctor. i'll look into one a day. thanks!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I have an iron and vitamin D deficiency, and I take iron an hour before meals. I also take D3 twice a day [breakfast/dinner], folic acid [breakfast] and Vitamin B-12 [breakfast]. I take the iron an hour before to avoid absorption competition with other elemental supplements [like calcium in cheese/yogurt].
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    One a day sells Women's Pettites, if the size of the pill bothers you. Smaller pills.
    You have to take 2 pills vs 1. Nice because you could take 1 in morning and one with dinner.
    Here is a picture: http://www.walmart.com/ip/One-A-Day-Women-s-Petites-Multivitamin-Multimineral-Supplement-160ct/16816384
    Here is a coupon site: Scroll down to get it. https://www.oneaday.com/womens
    Many gummies lack minerals (just vitamins). A pill is often more complete. Also cheaper.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I take a prenatal. Usually at lunch or breakfast. Not everyday though.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Now foods Adam after dinner
  • semicolonxp
    semicolonxp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I take:
    Fish oil
    Vitamin D
    Magnesium
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Centrum. I take it with my breakfast. Habit.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I take B12 in the morning and calcium and Vit D in the evening.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I take Calcium, Vit. D and B12, because I lack enough of each. I also do research to make sure that the brand I buy actually has what it is suppose to. (Not all brands do, and actually the cheaper (not cheapest) ones do a better job. Nature Way tends to be good for most of them.
  • k8mcminn
    k8mcminn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Centrum, calcium citrate and flax seed oil with breakfast
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I take D in the winter according to the instructions on the package. Doctor's recommendation due to the climate and lack of sun exposure. I've experimented with fish oil and algae-based sources of Omega-3s, but since I eat lots of fish I'm currently trying to get enough through the diet.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin d in the morning and iron mid day, both for deficiencies.
  • jsmpeddle82
    jsmpeddle82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sooo i take. Omega 3-6-9 allmax
    Digestive enzymes allmax
    Superfats - nutribolics
    Optima - 60 billion probiotics
    Calcium & d3
    And just started taking
    Nutri biotin

Lots not as much as i used to but it works. Also i add glutamine to my protein shakes. 2 x a day
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Centrum chewables for 50+. I've taken lots of different vitamins in my life, and have found that many of them don't dissolve, they come out whole (don't ask how I know this). :# Hence the chewables.