40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Spartan Super at Blue Mountain=DONE! that's "trifecta" for me!!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Rode my bike for 4 hours yesterday and 2 hours today. Gym tomorrow to balance things out.

@60to35 thanks and well said!! Best wishes to your trail run race!!
  • gam3rguy
    "FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    4.1 miles jogged with 1.2 miles of walking. Saw entirely too many people out hunting Pokemon.
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 2 X Trainer"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,896 Member
    Lifting today. BOOM!
  • narak_lol
    Did not get to the gym today yikes! Rescheduling to Wed as I am riding Tuesday and Thursday.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Long run done yesterday. FN hills are killing me on my runs. Got it done - slow n steady.
  • gertmeister
    gertmeister Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm doing plant based. I feel better, I'm saving loads of money, and I'm meeting smart and interesting people with cool ideas by the bulk bins! I'm seeing my doctor Friday. I can't wait to see his face happy instead of seeing him furrow his brow out of worry. Best advice: have doctor test your blood for nutrients, cholesterol, sugar, etc. you'll know exactly where you stand and what vitamins you need to take to make your body happy. http://plantbasedonabudget.com
  • Beeps2011
    sdereski wrote: »
    Long run done yesterday. FN hills are killing me on my runs. Got it done - slow n steady.

BOOM!
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Finished 4th in my age group in the trail 10K I ran yesterday. Move up to the 59-59 in September so I'll be at the young end once more!! It was a beautiful day on a scenic route- lots of fun!
  • narak_lol
    It is Tuesday morning here already and I just got back from a 2 hr bike ride, though interrupted by some showers but DONE!
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 2 Upper Elite"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    No lifting today. DOMs. Might go for a walk, later. ZOOM!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,929 Member
    Got a quick 1:05 paddle in today since I had to meet someone this morning. Was happy to see that was about 3.12 miles. Not too bad for a training day before my race on Saturday. Will push for more time on the water tomorrow since I won't have any restrictions on time. The race on Saturday is a 4 miler, which will be a bit challenging especially since it will be on rental boards.
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    I'll be 41 next week. Really let myself go after (ok, a little before) I retired from the Army. Then I saw a picture of myself. I dropped some weight with half-assed working out and kind-of portion control for about a year and a half but not enough. Started using MFP about two and a half months ago combined with finding a way to incorporate some exercise into my lifestyle. Currently down 14 lbs over that 2.5 months, with another 25 lbs to go. Then it'll be recomposition time.
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    High rep, low weight legs today.

Ate like a bear in the garbage dump- second day in a row. Stop the insanity!
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 2 Power Legs & Ab Shredder"=Done! my red band snapped! this is why bands SUCK!!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    AOS Providence done. First workout of the week. I am definitely dragging butt this week...and for no good reason. At least the sun is shinning.
  • Beeps2011
    I did go for a bit of a walk with my husband last night....and daughter tagged along giving Pokemon Go a whirl. ha ha ha ha ha

Today, working all day, so chained to desk/chair.

Tomorrow, I lift! BOOM!

Also, tomorrow I WEIGH! Mid-week check-in. Hope the scales are cooperating...my daily calories have been <1,400 everyday this week, so I am hopeful that this fat is going to start pushing off. And the BLOAT. If I could just push the BLOAT off, then, for sure, the fat will follow. Crossing fingers, but also feeling confident the scale will cooperate, tomorrow.

BOOM!