Cayenne Pepper Water

2»

Replies

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Total nonsense. You don't need a detox. And some weird nasty flavored water won't make you lose weight.

if all you consume is weird nasty flavored water for 10 days, you will lose a lot of weight. You might also end up in the hospital, but that's beside the point it seems.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    I snort cayenne pepper for maximum effectiveness.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    sshaiwan1 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Cayenne Pepper, maple syrup, lemon detox water diet.? I hear it gives good results but Im wondering at what cost..I was told you lose 10 lbs in 3 days just from drinking it.

Don't waste your time...
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Why would you do this? Drinking some awful concoction with the empty promise of it being a magical fix? You need to treat yourself better than that. Nourish you body properly, don't drink some horribly mix with no nutritional benefit to punish your body.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    But if we're just discussing breakfast beverages, I start every morning with coffee. I continue drinking coffee until I leave work. This is probably not recommended for most people, but I'm some sort of unfortunate half-breed of zombie and slug. lol
  • kingrat2014
    kingrat2014 Posts: 51 Member
    cityruss wrote: »
    Every morning I start off when I wake up with a 16 oz glass of water with 5 or 6 drops of lemon oil and a dash of cayenne pepper. With how I am feeling I will add vitamin C or baking soda to it. This is not a diet for me, one glass first thing in the morning before anything else. I have been doing this over 2 years now, no problem.

Why?

Water: after sleeping all night I found that I was dehydrated when I woke.

Cayenne Pepper: some of the properties that I understand and think are helping me are
    1: Anti-Irritant
    2: Boost metabolism & lower blood sugar
    3: A source of natural Vitamin E
    4: Help Digestion

Lemon: A digestive aid and a way to jumpstart digestive enzyme and hydrochloric acid consumption. Also lemons also increase fatty acid oxidation.

Vitamin C: If I feel sickly the night before or when waking.

Baking Soda: when I have a dinner I think doesn't agree with me, it can absorb and neutralize acid in the stomach and relive intermittent and occasional heartburn.

Note: too much Vitamin C or baking soda can give you disaster pants.

While you can disagree with this it works for me.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I hear it works better with ghost peppers . . .

b75cae298163fa0bfb9d1823b0d92fc6.jpg
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    @kingrat2014 serious question: If you're adding baking soda to neutralize acid, why not just leave out the lemon which is acidic?
    I think drinking something once daily is different than a cleanse, by the way. I don't do things like this, but my dad swears that eating half an onion every morning makes him feel better. If it works for you, by all means continue.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    This is also called the master cleanse. It is a VLCD and is against the TOS on the boards.

Not only is this diet stupid, it's also dangerous.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I hear it works better with ghost peppers . . .

b75cae298163fa0bfb9d1823b0d92fc6.jpg

Works like magic
  • kingrat2014
    kingrat2014 Posts: 51 Member
    @kingrat2014 serious question: If you're adding baking soda to neutralize acid, why not just leave out the lemon which is acidic?
    I think drinking something once daily is different than a cleanse, by the way. I don't do things like this, but my dad swears that eating half an onion every morning makes him feel better. If it works for you, by all means continue.

I understand what you are saying, I did not specify what part of the lemon I was using. What I understand the lemon juice is acidic, too much, too often can mess with you teeth. So I gut half of a lemon then press the skin to get the oil or I use essential lemon oil drops, and use 5-6 drops.