Halo Top iced cream

Options

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Got the strawberry for tonight.

Has anyone actually weighed out a pint? I haven't been weighing out my pre-packaged stuff lately but I need to buckle down a bit. Just wondering how the weight comes in compared to what the package says.

I have. Most of my Halo Top pints have come out to less than the listed weight.

I bought a pint of the Wink Frozen Desserts Choco-mint at Whole Foods today. Not good at all. Way worse than Arctic Zero. I admit, the 100 calorie point was alluring but never again
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    Got the strawberry for tonight.

Has anyone actually weighed out a pint? I haven't been weighing out my pre-packaged stuff lately but I need to buckle down a bit. Just wondering how the weight comes in compared to what the package says.

I have. Most of my Halo Top pints have come out to less than the listed weight.

I bought a pint of the Wink Frozen Desserts Choco-mint at Whole Foods today. Not good at all. Way worse than Arctic Zero. I admit, the 100 calorie point was alluring but never again

Yeah I used Wink before I could get my hands on AZ. I have to add a lot to it to make it bearable.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Tried it, liked it, but at 6.49/pint way out of my budget except for extreme and I mean extreme ice cream necessity.
  • schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet. They only just had more than one flavor available at the store the other day, but I was on a mission to get Lifeway frozen kefir (not ice cream but still amazing!!!).
    I'll have to try it. I was afraid it was like Wink or AZ. I hated Wink...ate about two bites and had to toss it. AZ, whatever flavor it was I had, wasn't too good, but I still ate it.
    Luckily this stuff's only like $4 here instead of $6-7.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My Whole Foods is always out even when it's not on sale and doesn't carry the birthday cake flavor anyway... so I'm not going to bother checking. I refuse to pay the outrageous price for a pint otherwise... and I don't like mint, lemon, or strawberry ice cream, lol.

But I've tried the vanilla and was disappointed the second time (it was good the first time but I think my expectations were very low). I really can't recommend eating the whole pint either, I spent a LOT of time in the bathroom after I did.

I like Enlightened a lot though, but it has more calories.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Halo Top is awesome. As far as Arctic Zero goes, all I've tried is awful except for the brownie blast, which is actually pretty awesome.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You guys keep talking about this Halo Top stuff and i might actually have to try it. I'll wait til after I finish paying my calorie debt to the ice cream gods for that pint of Sam's Choice Raspberry Cheesecake I ate over the last 2 days.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    So I went to Whole Foods today and bought the mint chip and chocolate ones, and it's way better than Arctic Zero! So much more like actual ice cream. I put it in one of those 10 calorie ice cream cones so I don't eat the entire pint lol
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I get it so I can eat the entire pint. I've never not eaten the entire pint.
    I would but they're $6 which is way too expensive for me and it kind of feels like a waste just eating the whole thing in one sitting haha
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    I would but they're $6 which is way too expensive for me and it kind of feels like a waste just eating the whole thing in one sitting haha

Oh yeah. I spend mad money on food.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Yeah, I pretty much eat the entire pint. At 24g protein, I count it as a meal.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Our supermarket almost never seems to have it in stock, and this past week they only had chocolate so I tried that. For a low-calorie ice cream, I was impressed. I had tried Arctic Zero before (cookie dough) and it tasted like an ice cube with chunks of cookie dough in it, so I was worried I was wasting my money again. I'm glad I went for it, and I'd like to try other flavors if I ever see them.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    How many carbs in a whole pint?
  • ladyj22
    ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    48 total.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Darn, I really wanted to try this, but sugar alcohols are a disaster for my digestive system.