July 30 day shred challenge

Options

Replies

• dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @b1229 yes i seriously feel like it's only gotten a little easier. Still gargling my heart.
  • reclaimmylife4mfp
    reclaimmylife4mfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 10, doing level 2 tonight.

SW-185.4
    CW- 183
    GW- 160

The scale wasn't budging much the first 7 days, but now I have lost 1/2 a pound or more for the last 3 days. Hopefully that trend keeps up.
  • nikcki6
    nikcki6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Would it be weird if I started level 2 over again? I missed 2 workouts, and totally fell off the wagon eating wise for 3 days (boyfriend's family was in from out of town.) My ankle had been bothering me when I started level 2, and I just really want a redo. I still struggle with the whole workout, and I don't feel like I'm ready to be done in 3 days. Feels like I'm cheating myself.
  • dearcassandrab
    Options
    @nikcki6 do level 2 as long as you need too. By Friday I will have been on level 2 for 16 days. Level 2 is hard!
  • ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Did first day of Level 3 today. Went bit slower to focus on form, but overall I don't think it's as much as a increase as going from Level 1 to 2. Level 2 is tough!
  • ivylyon
    Options
    nikcki6 wrote: »
    Would it be weird if I started level 2 over again? I missed 2 workouts, and totally fell off the wagon eating wise for 3 days..... I still struggle with the whole workout, and I don't feel like I'm ready to be done in 3 days. Feels like I'm cheating myself.

You could alternate between 2 and 3. Do two days of L2 and one of L3 and then gradually do more L3 than L2...

• becky1390
    becky1390 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    level 2 is pretty hard. starting day 5 of it today, and it hasn't gotten a whole lot easier.
  • ivylyon
    Options
    becky1390 wrote: »
    level 2 is pretty hard. starting day 5 of it today, and it hasn't gotten a whole lot easier.

I think level2 is the toughest. I've just done 2nd day of L3 and it's hard, there are some killer strength/cardio moves, but i didnt find it as much of an increase as going from L1 to L2.
  • nikcki6
    nikcki6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with coordination on level 2 (squat thrusts, pendulum lunges, plank jacks, ugh!) I mean, it is intense too!! I've been pausing at the "cool down" section, and making myself do 10 perfect reps of all the moves I flubbed, very slow. It seems to be helping me get through it. I tend to feel defeated when I don't do the moves right, and it's hard to push through the workout when you feel like an idiot.
  • dearcassandrab
    Options
    Level 2 is ridiculously hard
  • dearcassandrab
    Options
    I just wrote a paragraph and only a sentence made it lmao I was gonna say it's hard but it gets easier and pause when you need to! I know I've had to before too. Hang in there!!!
  • ivylyon
    Options
    Day 3, Level 3. Total sweat fest. There's a lot of big movements and my quads aren't quite there yet. Phew.
  • dearcassandrab
    Options
    @ivylyon I have shin splints right now from running and I start it Monday! Lmao I hope I can handle it!
  • becky1390
    becky1390 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    nikcki6 wrote: »
    I have a hard time with coordination on level 2 (squat thrusts, pendulum lunges, plank jacks, ugh!) I mean, it is intense too!! I've been pausing at the "cool down" section, and making myself do 10 perfect reps of all the moves I flubbed, very slow. It seems to be helping me get through it. I tend to feel defeated when I don't do the moves right, and it's hard to push through the workout when you feel like an idiot.

good idea with repeating some of the tougher moves at the end. i might try that too, but usually by cool down time i am just DONE lol
  • ivylyon
    Options
    Day 24 done. Those jumping lunges are tough and by the last round of cardio I feel like my jumps are slo-mo and I'm barely clearing the ground. But it's tough because I'm getting stronger!
  • ivylyon
    Options
    @ivylyon I have shin splints right now from running and I start it Monday! Lmao I hope I can handle it!

Oh no! Shin splints suck. Hope you recover.
  • dearcassandrab
    Options
    They do :( I'll be fine I'm sure by Monday! Thanks! Good work on your shred you rock ivy!
  • b1229
    b1229 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Has anyone lost weight since they started? I haven't lol :(
  • ivylyon
    Options
    I definitely have. I started July 1st so I've just done day 28. I've lost nearly 3kgs, which is great, especially since I'm close to my goal weight and was worried the losses would taper off. (I also walk daily and of course watch my calorie intake)

But I was reading about water weight gain when you start a new exercise routine/go up a level and are working muscles that aren't used to it. Don't be discouraged if you aren't seeing movement on the scale, check your measurements, how your clothes fit and most importantly, if you FEEL better. I know I do. Good luck
    FYI, here's one article I read
    www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan
  • b1229
    b1229 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Will keep at it and do my measurements tomorow maybe I should add walking too. I have a desk job so not very active.