Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• LissBlisspgg
    LissBlisspgg Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

I wish for the day that I can go shopping and not leave feeling bad about my image. I wish for a day that designers would not treat large people as second class...like we don't deserve to look and feel good about our appearances.

Shopping for a dress for a wedding (somewhat casual) and most stores that have what I want only go up to a size 12 and I've gotten lucky with some that sell 16, but they look like 12...ugh!!!

but I did find one, thank you Dressbarn!
  • MeLanceUppercut
    MeLanceUppercut Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Missed out on a few days. Just the thread, not logging!

Wednesday Wishes

I mostly wish for the strength to continue. So far I've kept very focused and conscious the last four weeks. I do hope I can continue in this path. I've had a few doubts in the last couple of days, but I pressed on. So yeah, I'm wishing for strength and follow through
  • nanknits
    nanknits Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    taburbey wrote: »
    Wednesday Wish- to complete a 5k next spring/summer. I have signed up for them in the past and then chickened out, self-doubt and all. This time next year I will be ready!

Go for it! I've always wanted to do one and finally did my first back in June. It was AWESOME! I walked most of the way (that's okay!) and I was the last person to cross the finish line (people still came in after I did, but they started taking the finish line down after I crossed). The 5K was part of a larger event and later, during that larger event, some random guy came up to me to tell me that his 6 year old daughter saw me pick up my pace to jog the last stretch to the finish line and got all excited and wanted to "run the race too, Daddy!" It isn't often that a random guy thanks this (then) 300+ pound woman saying she's an inspiration. He had no idea that I had that I had lost 80ish Lbs or what the rest of my story is. Totally made my day!

I recently did my 2nd 5K (this one was a bit more formal and organized than the first one) and even walking a majority of the way, I came in before about 1/4th of the other participants. I came in 99/168 of all the other women in my age category and had a personal best pace. And I had a TON of fun. I got to see part of Safeco Field (Seattle's baseball stadium) that few others get to see. So fun!

I guess my whole point is that you don't need to be a runner nor do you need to be in great shape to do a 5K. The only thing you need to do a 5K is the motivation to do one! Also, if you are in the Seattle area, you can have a 5K partner in me!
  • suznhenz
    suznhenz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I went 21 miles yesterday on my trike, and did 11.69 miles today. Tuesday and Thursday are my long-distance days, as DH is playing horseshoes those mornings. Other days I try to do 9 - 12 miles. A lot depends on when I get up. It's summer here in Florida, so early morning is better than mid-day, although on Sunday I go out around noon (after church). In the past, if I woke up earlier than usual, I would roll over and try to go back to sleep. Now, if I feel rested, I put on my biking clothes and take off-it's not an obligation, it's a joy! It's due to two things: buying my TerraTrike two months ago and the sidewalk along RT 19 that runs half the length of the state, and that was just completed a couple weeks ago only 2 blocks from my house. Timing was perfect!
  • taburbey
    taburbey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @nanknits Thank you for sharing your story, truly inspirational. I would love to partner with if I lived in Seattle :smile:
  • runto107
    runto107 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wishes, to train in mma and get in shape once fully healed
  • MonikaLee7
    MonikaLee7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to the community. But not new to losing weight. This isn't my first rodeo unfortunately.
    Wednesday wishes...to put action to all of my great plans. Nike...just do it!!! I wish for my health and mobility to be returned to me. Wishing for new friends to motivate me and for me to help motivate you as well.
  • cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wednesday - wishes

That the Eye Dr was just joking with me when she said that I need bifocals. 10 years ago I had laser eye surgery so I wouldn't need glasses after 2 years I needed reading glasses but only 1.0 strength and only if I was reading a lot. Now in the last month like a light switch I can't see as clearly as I did before. She says I need glasses for both near and far AND unfortunately each eye is different so I can't just wear the cheap store glasses. This is a bummer!
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I just joined the amazing race challenge!! Day 1 in and it's been lots of fun so far!
  • cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thursday - truth

I weigh myself daily but I don't always record my weight. I now that your weight can fluctuate and even in the same day it go up or down a pound or two. I refuse to record my weight unless it is less than the one before. I know it is stupid but I think that mentally I need to see it go down and would lose confidence itf it went up. So if you don't see a weight entry for awhile then it might mean that I gained a bit and refuse to acknowledge it formally on my graph.

• wadwrich
    wadwrich Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Missed out on a few days. Just the thread, not logging!

Wednesday Wishes

I mostly wish for the strength to continue. So far I've kept very focused and conscious the last four weeks. I do hope I can continue in this path. I've had a few doubts in the last couple of days, but I pressed on. So yeah, I'm wishing for strength and follow through

Same boat. I get downhearted sometimes, but then I think about where I was just 2 months ago. 45 lbs heavier and having great difficulty just performing everyday tasks. The weight loss and the changes might not happen as fast as I want them to, but then I think that what I am doing now is way better than what I was doing then. I might make myself happy stuffing my face, until I stop stuffing long enough to look at myself and get depressed about what I see. In the past I would just keep eating to deal with the depression even though that is the very thing that was causing it. I finally got to a point where I wanted to like myself again and I am finally getting there (at least starting). So yeah man, keep on keepin' on. It's tough sometimes, but a year from now you will be glad you did.
  • taburbey
    taburbey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth- I usually start out pretty well with eating right and being more active, but about a month into it, I start slacking. I start making poor food choices telling myself that I've worked hard and I deserve it. I start skipping work outs telling myself there's always tomorrow. I am doing all I can right now to stop that from happening again. Instead of rewarding myself with food, I have made a list of other ways to pamper myself. And, on days when I want to slack with a work out, I will find another activity that I enjoy doing, fight off boredom.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    taburbey wrote: »
    Thursday truth- I usually start out pretty well with eating right and being more active, but about a month into it, I start slacking. I start making poor food choices telling myself that I've worked hard and I deserve it. I start skipping work outs telling myself there's always tomorrow. I am doing all I can right now to stop that from happening again. Instead of rewarding myself with food, I have made a list of other ways to pamper myself. And, on days when I want to slack with a work out, I will find another activity that I enjoy doing, fight off boredom.

Yup this is me too.
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I've been MIA. I still need to catch up with everyone!! I'm getting company this weekend but I'll be back next week!! Have a great end of the week and weekend everyone!!
  • mickey2942
    mickey2942 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon during the first week of July, when we went on vacation. Got off my entire schedule.

Okay, back on track...with a serious goal to ramp this plan up.
  • WIGirl1970
    WIGirl1970 Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    cjbrummet wrote: »
    Thursday - truth

I weigh myself daily but I don't always record my weight. I now that your weight can fluctuate and even in the same day it go up or down a pound or two. I refuse to record my weight unless it is less than the one before. I know it is stupid but I think that mentally I need to see it go down and would lose confidence itf it went up. So if you don't see a weight entry for awhile then it might mean that I gained a bit and refuse to acknowledge it formally on my graph.

I do exactly the same thing. It's frustrating to me when it's been a long time since I've recorded a weight, but if I'm being honest, it's usually BC I've been a bit too liberal with my food choices.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth ... one of the goals I had set for myself was to stop relying on take-out and restaurant meals, and to cook all my own meals. Looking over my budget, I can see that I have not had any such meals since June 5th ...

There have been times where I really wanted to but made myself go into the kitchen and fix something instead. Like yesterday, a local hot dog stand that is very popular in my part of the world had throw-back prices where you get get a dog for only $1.25 each ... and I so wanted to go and buy a couple for a meal but I told myself that if I wanted a hot dog so much, then they should end up on my shopping list instead.
  • MeLanceUppercut
    MeLanceUppercut Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @wadwrich Thank you for those words my friend. I'm right there with you exactly. I really appreciate that.

Thursday Truth - Today is a big step for me. I've been doing pretty good so far with food. My real issue is the gym. Its hard for me to get pumped to exercise. I can't seem to ever get in the habit. So I worry that I will falter. I don't think I'm ever going to stop all the proper eating I've done so far. Its now just habit for me. But exercising is my biggest weakness
  • runto107
    runto107 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth:

I also weigh myself everyday and even throughout the day. I know what my normal daily gain is before bed and can now tell if I will have a loss the next day or not.

This last week I have had gains though. Probably from the girl flu lol, but it does get discouraging. I also have not been great with my water intake this last week. I really need to get back to drinking the amount I was.
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth:
    Sometimes I am too stubborn for my own good. I woke up in pain, but still wanted to work out. Foot hurt a bit much for walking. Trying to peddle the bike made my knee loudly complain. I was going to power through it when I remembered that doing that is how I got hurt in the first place.