WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Options

Replies

• summertime19
    summertime19 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Summertime - These are the ones. I take one in the morning and one at night.

vtxtj9yhi28k.png

Heather xxxxxxxxxx

It looks a bit expensive, though you can buy smaller quantities, but they last 250 days! Obviously mine is a UK site, so I don't know if it's the same in the US.

Thank you so much for posting this! I will be looking on Amazon ASAP. Hopefully they might be a bit less here in the states, but if they work for me..I don't mind paying the cost!
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. Too many posts to respond to after the weekend; I hope hubby fixes this issue soon because I can’t access the site from home.

Katla: happy belated birthday! I'm sorry I missed it.

We did have a nice weekend and saw the movie Central Intelligence. That was hilarious and a long-overdue laugh!
    I am trying really hard to get back on the wagon but I have to admit feeling like I just don’t care anymore and not sure how to get out of it.

Benny Beagle is becoming a pest! Now he has learned how to regurgitate his pills! You get them down, check his mouth, then he regurgitates them back up. No food, but he is not just spitting them out. GAAAA Giving this many pills to an uncooperative dog is not fun! He does better in the evening so we moved all the once a day pills to then, but he still gets multiple meds in the morning. Not sure what to do about this one.

OK well that’s about all I have to say at the moment. Hugs and cheers to all. Take care, Meg from Omaha
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Meg- Benny! He must have a little Hudini in him. Thanks for the movie review! I love a good laugh.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    today was just flat out crazy, im bushed and going to bed...
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello, Ladies

I was busy all weekend so, I have a lot of reading to do... but, in the mean time - it's challenge weigh in day...

Just call me the puffy princess... :/

STARTING WEIGHT: 244.0
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 244.0
    TOTAL LBS LOST OR GAINED (THIS WEEK) : -0
    TOTAL LBS LOST OR GAINED (ALL WEEKS): -0
    GOAL WEIGHT: 220
    TOTAL LBS AWAY FROM GOAL: 24

Re in TX
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Katla – I can’t really believe [no wait, maybe I can] that she would have posted something like that, if DOS had not already told his Dad about it. So, I am taking it as ‘wishful thinking’ on her part’. IF they were to decide to move (for a job) … I certainly would not be the one standing in the way. We’ve enjoyed living close; but, sometimes ‘close’ is ‘too close’ at times. You just have to step back and let the ‘chips fall where they may’. She's pulled this “I want to move to FL before” … because her SnL (one of her BFs) moved down there. He had a job, and she had job skills; neither of which, DOS or DDnL#1 would have had to move without them. DOS told her ‘if she wanted to move’ … then he would not stand in her way; but, he was not moving (especially to the mid-west coast which is very expensive). She never said anything else about it. I think that time, she also posted on FB that they were moving.

Charleen – Our hummers show up in early June and leave in early- to mid-September. I am amazed at how much feeder juice we make every 2 or 3 days (about 3 gallons). I just got home, from being out-of-town for the day; and, I was too tired to look to see if any needed to be filled. I’ll do that in the AM when it will be shady. DH has to get a ladder for the poor pitiful feeder right outside my kitchen window. I told him that I thought I’d like to replace it. Looks like it was purchased from the rejects from a yard sale or flea market. Maybe a taller one so that he is not having to refill it so often. I think besides that one (on the front of the house) I have 7 across the back.

Probably a dozen hummers, fighting over them. Selfish little boogers … one can be drinking and the other will come run him off, he goes to another feeder and then gets bombarded again. Love sitting out there as the sun goes down and watching them. They even dive-bomb Tux and Cracker. Tux no longer is concerned about them because he swatted one down, and he immediately went flying off the rail into the shrubs. He just gets up front and close up.

Down here in SW GA – August is usually the ‘hottest month of the year’/February the coldest'. But those days are few and far between, usually we stay around 70-ish. There have been Christmases where we've worn shorts all day; and, one that we got snowed/iced in on the Interstate going to Jacksonville. It took us 12 hours just to go from the Valdosta ramp we got on it until we go to Interstate 10. Try that with two young boys and not able to pull off to stop for any reason. Lots of lessons that night; one being we glad that we 'super-sized' our Coke cup; and stranded long enough we could switch seats - dead stop. I carried my DYS all the way to the very last day! Had been sitting out in our front yard with DMnL and several neighbors peeling a bushel of peaches that my Dad had brought by and left off. That for us, he already had his own. I wanted to strangle him; but, I love peaches!!!! We just stopped and bought some peaches to share with DOS; and, got a cup of their delicious soft serve peach ice cream. After lunch and that … won’t eat anything else for the day other than my coffee and protein bar. Now, I have got to track my day. I drank more water than I thought I did today … a glass here and there, it adds up.

Meg – Cracker will take a pill without thinking, just ‘sucks’ it up; while Shorty would balk. We always broke up her ‘chewy’ kinds; and put them in a handful of ‘cat food’ … she thought that cat food was a treat. The others, we wrapped with a spot of cheese. No problems doing that. If for some reason we did not have cheese (or bread) … I found that sticking the pill back as far as you can without getting him to that ‘gag’ reflex; hold his snoot together, tight, and blow in his nose. Wait for him to ‘swallow’ which he will do if you blow into his nose … reflex; that way he will ‘swallow’ it and not keep it at the back of his throat. Once they swallow, it is usually too far down to regurgitate them back up.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    :):/ I saw the doctor today and she is still mystified about what ails my legs. The pain is getting worse and even though I can walk long distances with the dogs, I have trouble standing for more than a short time. There is conflicting evidence about whether the problem is spinal and might have a solution or whether it's simple idiopathic peripheral neuropathy with no solution. So I have an appointment for an MRI in August when Jake can drive me and a prescription for lorazepam to help me relax since I'm claustrophobic. Then I'll see her later in the month when she has the MRI results.

:):)Miriam, congrats on fitting into a smaller clothing item.

:)Heather, that's great about finding a natural solution to your blood pressure problem

:) I rode the exercise bike again today. I had tried staying off it for a few days thinking that it might be the source of my increasing pain.

:) I can feel the change of the seasons, too.....I think it is finally summer here.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie- I hope she figures out what is wrong.(((hugs)))
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Rori, I hope the adjustment and massage do the trick for your nagging pain. You know many of us would gladly go to help you with your condo if it weren’t for the expense. belly-laugh.gif
    Kim, what long ears your friend has. The one’s I’ve been babysitting for have the floppy ears that are just so funny to me. He looks like he’s been enjoying the fresh veggies.
    CJ, I love your suggestions for the ripe berries. perfecto.gif

TraciWI, I had to giggle when you said you crack yourself up, because I often do the same. I mean so much of life is “funny” if you just think about it so why not laugh. Good for you on taking steps to good habits.

NYKaren, I’m sending you all the good thoughts I can muster for strength and peace. I hope whatever is going on will settle down and you end up having a great day!!! ((((Hugs))))

Heather, congrats on the great BP!!!

Margaret, beautiful. Flowers are just so cheery!!!

Miriam, CONGRATS on that cover up fitting. Isn’t that wonderful? Keep it up.

Barbie, I do hope they can find a cause that can be corrected!!! (((Hugs))) How is DH???
    pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.
    I got a call this afternoon from the step son of a good friend. She passed away yesterday.  She was on the phone and started choking and the friend called 911 but they got there too late. She was my age. I just talked to her a few days ago and this was so unexpected. We never know, do we ladies?
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug - It's not so much that I can see the season is turning as it's a feeling. Like when you ride a roller coaster and just as you reach the top, the pulling feeling lessens and you get a sense of weightlessness before starting down the other side. Picked my first tomatoes today.

By mid-August the nights are cool, Hard freeze is in September and October usually gives us some snow. That's the way of it living at 5,000ft.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 10.49min, 14.3amph, 124mhr, 2.5mi = 68c
    SPIN- 46min, 96r, 34w, 4-5g, 134mhr, 7.7mi = 220c
    ride gym 2 wk- 57.21min, 11.5amph, 143mhr, 10.9mi = 396c
    ride wk 2 hm- 54.29min, 11.2amph, 155mhr, 10.1mi = 475c
    total cal 1159
  • pipcd34
    Options
    take care barbicat
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Barbie, What Mary said plus the hug. You're right about summer finally coming to our area--I was enjoying the spring-like weather! But August is soon, and it always feels a bit cooler.

DJ, thanks for telling me how to post pictures. I'm going to have to use my computer to do it, but at least I know how!

Pip, I've wanted a pair of shoes with separate toes for years. Unfortunately, my own toes are entirely too long, and I know they won't fit :/ . The reviews I read indicated that they weren't comfortable for exceedingly long toes. When pointy-toed shoes came back in style several years ago after decades of being out, I discovered that I loved them because my 2nd and 3rd toes are longer than my big toes, and the shoes gave them more room!

About tofu in a chocolate pie--I put avocado in my smoothies and don't tell DH. My smoothies are usually thick, and we eat them with spoons. DH thinks avocados are gross, but they make the smoothies so creamy. Put enough frozen berries in to turn the smoothie purple or pink, and you can't tell. I have a friend who makes chocolate mousse with avocados instead of whipped cream--I haven't tried it.

NYKaren, I hope things got better as the day went on. I'm sending positive wishes north to you.

I'm beat tonight. Not as tired as you were the other night, Kim, but almost.

KarenE

• IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hello Magnificent Missus’

The scale did not bless me, today, but I am not worried, since I know it is physically impossible for me to have gained any actual fat in the last week. *sigh*

I am way behind – and swamped at work… it doesn’t bode well for me to get caught up, today. I will do my best…

Joyce – Glad you have Charlie at home and that his skin is back to normal. I do hope he heals up quickly and can get in and out of bed more easily, soon.

Carol – you Techie, you! That after dinner snack is haunting your hips, my friend… please, step away from the snacks. I am sorry you are having a hard time with your Mom. I so don’t look forward to being in that situation, myself – but I know I will probably be Bat-*kitten* crazy when I am 90. ((Hugs!))

Tracie – “How does one make it a habit to do something every day when it is something they have never really liked? I struggle with that one...” You have to make it palatable for yourself. 40 minutes on the elliptical is dead boring – so I read on my tablet. That makes it palatable for me. I am distracted by the book and forget all about my legs chugging away… except for the sweat pouring down my face.

Michele – I waited for YEARS for “Vitamin E” – it never came… so, I just started doing it. I sent you a PM about a couple of DVD’s – if I am not too late. Teach me to stay away all weekend!

DJ – sorry about the HOA thing. I am totally with you – either you enforce for all, or for none.

Lenora – I feel for you with Cracker. When I was a kid, my dog’s favorite activity was a nice swim in the sewer pond. *sighs* I brought my ankle weights into the office, today. My plan is to use them on my wrists when things quiet down around 6:30 or 7:00p. I really need some arm work – but somehow when I get home, there is always something else that needs doing.

Lisa – Heck, Woman, I am just getting home or making dinner when you must be going to bed… lol. Gratz on being Debt Free… it’s the only way to fly.

Rita – Shopping counts as Exercise? How have I missed this? Sheesh! NICE on finding a great consignment shop.

KarenE – yes – if the news reported all the GOOD things that were happening, as much as the bad, I might watch it, again.

Larisa – lol – AWESOME NSV with the Trainer’s comment. You GO, Girl. Sorry you are in pain. I hope your bones do what they need to do, soon.

Heather – I love cottage cheese, too – but you lost me at the hot mixed pickle. Not a fan of TOO hot, and never a fan of pickle. I like pineapple or peaches with my cottage cheese.

Debbie – DH has balance issues, too. It’s no fun – but, actually, exercise helps. He did some Physical Therapy, recently, and his balance did improve, some. I have to say, most of the gym equipment has handles and bars and such… I know the treadmill does - and DH rides an exercise bike – which requires no balance at all. Hope you can get in some cardio. ((hugs!)).

Pip – going for the Tiny living accommodation, soon? And WHAT?!? – No bike rack? What will you DO?!? :]

Sonic – Hi and Welcome – this is a great place to be.

Vicki – I would work the night shift… lol. I am a night owl. It’s usually quiet and it’s easier to concentrate on whatever you are trying to do. Good luck covering that shift.

Becca Buttermilk Butt – LOL. That had me laughing. Hope you enjoyed the pancakes, a LOT.

Miriam – “Just remember that regardless of how often you post, or how you feel (even alienated), this is a group of women that love and support you. We value you.” Seconded! ((Hugs!!))

Allie – no one deserves something fun more than YOU. I do hope you find something fun that you can do with the dogs. Maybe kite flying in the park? A picnic? Heck, Woman, a NAP? Lol. Please do enjoy that weekend.

Barbie – nice shoes. I am so with you on singing motivational songs. I often go with “I Will Survive” or “I Get Knocked Down, but I get up again, they’re never gonna keep me down.”

Anne – those toilets are HEAVY. Gratz on getting it done.

Janet – have a marvelous time with DD and enjoy your travels.

Margaret – it’s nice, isn’t it? I always let that person with 1 thing in their hand, go ahead of me, because people have done it for me.

Well, Ladies, I only made it through to page 57 – and I didn’t even get through that – so, I will have to try and pick this up tomorrow. Darn this pesky work that keeps me from being able to get all caught up! Don’t chat too much between now and then… lol.

Hugs for everybody!

Re in TX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I do hope they can figure out what is causing your pain and that it is curable. <3 For someone who loves being active it must be a real drag.

I am up in the night with hip pain. Too much food shopping. I've taken a pill and will go back to bed when it's worked.

I do take 10 mgs Amlodipine for my blood pressure which has always kept it manageable, but, despite losing weight and getting fit, it wouldn't go any lower until I started on the beetroot. I could never understand why my healthier lifestyle hadn't shown up in the BP. Clearly I am one of the people who have this nitrite/nitrate conversion problem. So the beetroot won't work for everyone, but I am delighted with its effects on me. High BP runs in the family. My chlorestorol has always been perfect, even when I was fat. :ohwell:

Back to bed.
    Heather xxxxxxx
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Charlie is sick again. He hasn't felt well at all today, got up feeling that way. He felt better the day he was discharged than he has felt today. He ate a little bit of lunch but no supper. He has a temp of 101.1. Our instructions are not to call unless it is 101.5. Gave him two Lortab so I hope that will help the temp and the pain. I;m glad we have an appointment with out PCP tomorrow. We don't see the surgeon until next Monday. We are ready for all this to be over.

Joyce, Indiana