6 week Weight Loss Challenge

Options
lindsaykristina11
lindsaykristina11 Posts: 62 Member
Everyone welcome to join!! :)

It's my 30th birthday on the September long weekend and I want to lose at least 10 pounds by then! (6 weeks from now) Could really use any motivation I can get!!

Start Weight (July 25): 152
Goal Weight (Sept 5): 139
Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 13 lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 25: 152      
Aug 1:                 Weight -/+ this week:
Aug 8:                 Weight -/+ this week:
Aug 15:               Weight -/+ this week:
Aug 22:               Weight -/+ this week:
Aug 29:               Weight -/+ this week:
Sept 5:                Weight -/+ this week:

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles:

Replies

• jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yes I am in!!!! That goal is perfect for me as well!!! And it's doable!! What should we do? I have never joined a challenge before. Weigh in same time every week? Post our numbers? Is this on a public or private board? I am in all the way, just need some direction
  • delano810
    delano810 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in also. I am going to be 49 August 10 and my Anniversary is November 1st. Would love to lose about 20 by then however, I will take what I can and push forward. Let's motivate each other. You can do this!!!
  • delano810
    delano810 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Let's start some cardiovascular mon,wed,Fri and then weight training on Tuesday and Thursday. Just an idea.
  • lindsaykristina11
    Options
    jtkatch wrote: »
    Yes I am in!!!! That goal is perfect for me as well!!! And it's doable!! What should we do? I have never joined a challenge before. Weigh in same time every week? Post our numbers? Is this on a public or private board? I am in all the way, just need some direction

Great! Welcome!! :) please go ahead and copy and paste what I have written above (start weight, weigh in dates etc.) And input your information. We will log our weigh ins each week (on Monday) and you can add any information as well that you think would be beneficial (successes/weaknesses for that week). This is a public forum.
    Good luck!
  • jtkatch
    Options
    Cool here we go.....

Start Weight (July 25): 138!
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 125
    Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 13lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 25: 138
    Aug 1: Weight -/+ this week:
    Aug 8: Weight -/+ this week:
    Aug 15: Weight -/+ this week:
    Aug 22: Weight -/+ this week:
    Aug 29: Weight -/+ this week:
    Sept 5: Weight -/+ this week:

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: I am crying about my weight!! OMG!...okay...seriously my struggles that got me here are....BLTs (bites licks and tastes) + after dinner
  • Mrs_Ovechkin
    Mrs_Ovechkin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join too!

Start Weight (July 25): 153
    Goal Weight (Sept ): 140
    Actual:

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 25: 153

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: I'm great about getting my daily exercise and living an active life but the worst about snacking and eating after dinner.
  • Mrs_Ovechkin
    Options
    How can we help each other keep some accountability with our individual struggles?
  • jtkatch
    Options
    How can we help each other keep some accountability with our individual struggles?

Not sure but I thinks it's a great idea! What time of day do you have the most trouble with? Mine is dinner prep and after dinner. Maybe we can check in to see how we are doing at that time?
  • jtkatch
    Options
    Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I had a hard evening. Had a few too many nuts. Will try and do better tonight.
  • ejtvirgo
    ejtvirgo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!

Start Weight (July 25): 160
    Goal Weight (Sept ): 147
    Actual:

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 25: 160

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: I have a huge sweet tooth and a partner who brings home lots of cookies! I need to put down the cookies and get moving more! I've gained ten pounds in the last three months because of poor choices. I know I can do this because I have done it before.
  • cares243
    cares243 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! We could also friend each other so we can see iour statuses?

Start Weight (July 25): 151
    Goal Weight (Sept ): 138
    Actual:

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 25: 151

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: eating crap on weekends/ too much dinner!
  • Kkelso1119
    Kkelso1119 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! My first Wedding dress fitting is at the end of September so this is perfect!

Start Weight (July 25): 147
    Goal Weight (Sept): 135
    Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 12lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 25: 147

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: My fiance is on his 4th week of training for a marathon and he has dropped 10-15lbs and despite working out with him I haven't budged on the scale... likely because he has to consume more calories due to burning so many and I have to decrease mine so eating meals together has been a challenge.
  • Mrs_Ovechkin
    Options

Not sure but I thinks it's a great idea! What time of day do you have the most trouble with? Mine is dinner prep and after dinner. Maybe we can check in to see how we are doing at that time?

Dinner prep and clean up is where I seem to lose control. I like your "BLTs" haha they are my downfall. Yes, feel free to message or check in and we will power through. No need to let late night snacking diminish our hard work!
  • cares243
    cares243 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Omg- dinner I just eat way too much, even if it's healthy, because it's my time to relax! But also, then I want a snack! I've found these "Enlightened" fake ice cream bars that really help (ado sugar free fudgesickles), but it's really s struggle. Also, how do you guys keep your will power on the weekends? I just want to eat all the delish stuff my friends are eating! It's so hard to stay motivated.
  • lindsaykristina11
    edited July 2016
    Options
    cares243 wrote: »
    Omg- dinner I just eat way too much, even if it's healthy, because it's my time to relax! But also, then I want a snack! I've found these "Enlightened" fake ice cream bars that really help (ado sugar free fudgesickles), but it's really s struggle. Also, how do you guys keep your will power on the weekends? I just want to eat all the delish stuff my friends are eating! It's so hard to stay motivated.

I am the same when it comes to weekends! So hard! I guess one step at a time.. if we can try extra hard during the week to eat healthy and exercise then we can still enjoy certain food on the weekend but in moderation. And you can still eat delish stuff but find healthier substitutions. We can help each other!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,283 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm in!

Start Weight (July 25): 139!
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 130
    Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 9lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 25: 139

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: I have so much trouble with salt. If I have just a little bit, I'll balloon up.

Chris
  • HappyGirl2012
    HappyGirl2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Start Weight (July 28): 129.4
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 123
    Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 6.4 lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 28: 129.4

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: Yesterday I ate more than I should and sat more than I should. It's been a busy couple of months and I kind of crashed yesterday since our summer commitments are winding down. Getting down to 123 will be a big deal for me. It will be the smallest I've been while being in shape since I've been married. My ultimate goal is 115.
  • jennzornm
    jennzornm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Start Weight (July 28): 160
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 148
    Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 12 lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 28: 160

Weight -/+ total:
  • mx515pilot
    mx515pilot Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I started great june 1st 227 and by july 1st down to 211. 16 pounds in one month since then only down 5 pounds. I happy with my two month with 21 pounds! Really want to push on and some support will be great too.

Start Weight (July 28): 206
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 195
    Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 11 lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 28: 160

Weight -/+ total:
  • jtkatch
    Options

Dinner prep and clean up is where I seem to lose control. I like your "BLTs" haha they are my downfall. Yes, feel free to message or check in and we will power through. No need to let late night snacking diminish our hard work!

It's a very hard time for me! Yesterday I may have stumbled upon a trick I want to share!!! Have a cherry and then keep the pit in your mouth while prepping and putting stuff away! It seemed to help me last night! I will try it again tonight. If you try it let me know how it goes. I don't like to chew gum so that never worked for me! If you wind up slipping the pit to the other side of your mouth to eat something catch yourself and say "WTF am I doing????" And stop and slip that put back around :)