Bras

Options
ericaconti
ericaconti Posts: 72 Member
I was obese my entire life. I've always worn bras with underwire. After losing 140+ pounds, I've recently gotten a breast lift. As I transition out of my post surgery wear, my surgeon suggested no underwire and I don't need it anymore anyway. I've never bought a bra without underwire. Can anyone recommend any good ones?

Replies

• ellebreedlove42
    ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Get sports bras for now. I honestly just ensure that they fit and the best are racer back ones I got from Walmart
    I can't remember the brand but they were the stiffer material that was soft but had no underwire
  • ericaconti
    Options
    Get sports bras for now. I honestly just ensure that they fit and the best are racer back ones I got from Walmart
    I can't remember the brand but they were the stiffer material that was soft but had no underwire

I have sports bras for now, but I'm getting to the point where I'm cleared to wear "regular" bras. Sports bras don't really fit appropriately under my work blouses. I was just looking for suggestions so I don't have to spend hours trying to find some I like.

Thanks
  • x_xKarina
    x_xKarina Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    Congratulations! 140lbs is simply amazing!!

(Sorry, I have no advice on bras...)

Thank heavens you don't lol
  • x_xKarina
    Options
    I wish I had smaller boobs. :(
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

I'm with you :disappointed:
    I had nice C's until I had kids.. Then they got up to DD when I was prego and never shrunk. I'd donate 2 cups to someone if I could!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options

Me, too.
  • x_xKarina
    Options

I'm with you :disappointed:
    I had nice C's until I had kids.. Then they got up to DD when I was prego and never shrunk. I'd donate 2 cups to someone if I could!

I have DDs now.. And I'll donate some too lol.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    <--- accepting boob donations.
  • ericaconti
    Options

I absolutely love my small boobs! I used to be a 42DDD. After losing my weight I went down to a 34C. My "new" boobies were well worth the money. My husband keeps laughing at me because I can't stop looking at them and being amazed by the fact that they just stay up (no sag) on their own.
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Make sure to buy the right size. Here is a good link for a bra size calculator, it made my life so much easier!

sophisticatedpair.com/bra-size-calculator/

Here is where I purchase my bras brasbarenecessities.com/
    they do sell internationally so make sure you check the sizing charts (the bras i bought were a UK brand so I had to make sure I chose the corresponding size)
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I know that many people think that they are overpriced, but I think that my Victoria's Secret bras are worth their weight in gold :) I've never, ever had a problem with them and I've been wearing them for 20+ years. Always my go to :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Since you had surgery and are a completely different size and shape than before, you will need to take some time to try some on to see what fits and is comfortable to you. I used to work in lingerie, and it was more difficult for people who had breast surgery to fit easily into the bras. Playtex has some available at Walmart, in a box. You can also find Fruit of the Loom or Hanes wire-free at Walmart. Bali(find at dept. store or Kohls) used to make some good ones, but its been a while since I shopped for those. I mostly wear the FOL pull-over bras now.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Victoria secret just came out with a whole line of new comfy Bras without underwire. They were on sale online for 25 bucks yesterday. I'd go see if they still are!! They were so cute : )

I actually just got one of those! SOOOO comfy!

am I the only one who misses having larger boobs? lol! I went from a 36DD ( I miss this) to a 34C (I fit in a C yesterday and cried) and 34D (more acceptable). lol
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »
    I know that many people think that they are overpriced, but I think that my Victoria's Secret bras are worth their weight in gold :) I've never, ever had a problem with them and I've been wearing them for 20+ years. Always my go to :)

They really are and if you hit up their semi annual twice a year you can stock up cheap lol. I'm so paranoid of mine going south that I sleep in a bra.
    Victoria secret just came out with a whole line of new comfy Bras without underwire. They were on sale online for 25 bucks yesterday. I'd go see if they still are!! They were so cute : )

am I the only one who misses having larger boobs? lol! I went from a 36DD ( I miss this) to a 34C (I fit in a C yesterday and cried) and 34D (more acceptable). lol

Yayyy I'm glad to hear that!! I'm thinking of working for them part time for the holidays lol. The manager tans where I work and she's always like "free bras and panties girl..." it's hard to say no!!
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options

Umm? Yes me! I swear I lose weight from my boobs first.... They just keep shrinking. The rest of me does too, but come on. Can't a girl catch a break...
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Well, I am old now. :D All I care about is comfort. My bras are pull-ons. I step into them, pull them up, and there they are. Wide, comfortable shoulder straps, and no metal of any kind anywhere. I am a LOT smaller now without all the weight, so I may be a B or C. Lovin' that!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Hanes has a nice bra I like the ones that has an actual size not the ones that go small med large. It is a regular bra not a sports bra.