I need advice... talking to this girl online

Options
ThermalYew1
ThermalYew1 Posts: 64 Member
Okay well I've been talking to this girl online for almost 2 weeks through PlentyOfFish.com. She seems like a real nice girl. The first time we chated on the site she gave me my cell and I told her that I'd like to get to know someone first before we talk/text over the phone and I think that gained me a few bonus points. But now the thing is...its been almost 2 weeks that she messaged me and it seems like we've hardly even talked... she did say she's busy but I'd like to get to know her better ya know? There are a few days (like now) that she hasn't went on the site and messaged me. Could it be that she's just not that interested? I mean I think if she wanted to get to know me she'd at least sign in quickly and send me a quick message... again she did tell me she is quite busy a lot of times with teaching, and coaching and a lot of other things... should I tell her that I feel comfortable enough to start texting now???

Replies

• halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Just text her. She probably wants to get to know YOU, not your online persona.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    It's possible that she's not able to get ONLINE to start with.

Text her.
  • margypan
    margypan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Text her - you have nothing to lose. If she's not interested anymore, it's better to find out now. But if she is interested, you have everything to gain. Good luck :)
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Just got for it dude.

I met my current boyfriend through plentyoffish.com.

It has been one the best relationships I have ever had. That is saying alot as I have been enganged in the past, but feel a stronger connection to my current boyfriend.

Life is about taking chances. If you don't roll the dice, then you will never know if you won or not
  • ThermalYew1
    Options
    Yeah.. maybe... I think the next time she messages me back (its her turn lol) I'm gonna to tell her it doesn't seem like I'm getting to know her too good if it's cool if we can talk/text over the phone. She seems like an awesome person and I really want to get to know her.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    kick to the curb, don't waste your time with women bs.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Text her, she's probably busy with life - logging on isn't always top of people's priorities - and I say this as somebody who met her partner online ;D As for "it's her turn", if you like her, who cares? Don't play silly games, if you want to text her, text her.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Okay, so a little rant before my advice: I hate when people say that with online dating, "I've been really busy", because they haven't contacted you. I sort of feel like that's an excuse. I met my husband online and really, we were both interested so we both made the effort. Not that she's making an excuse, she may be perfectly busy especially if she's not logging into the site. I'm just sayin.

Anyway, my rant is over.

Now my advice... definitely if you feel comfortable, text her. That may open a better line of communication for her. Bonus for you!
  • ThermalYew1
    Options
    Just got for it dude.

I met my current boyfriend through plentyoffish.com.

It has been one the best relationships I have ever had. That is saying alot as I have been enganged in the past, but feel a stronger connection to my current boyfriend.

Life is about taking chances. If you don't roll the dice, then you will never know if you won or not

really?? I practly given up on POF cause I've had an account for quite awhile and no body has messaged me, A few did but they just weren't my type.... I messaged a few and got nothing back... and then she messaged me and she seems like an awesome person! ...but I just think getting to know each other is going kind of slow.

Thats true about taking chances... I just hope that if we ever do meet face to face that she likes me... IDK... for some reason I just can't make friends easily... no girl has really even paid attention to me either...
  • ThermalYew1
    Options
    before I text her I'm gonna ask her if it's okay if we take it to that level before I message her. I don't want her to be like who is this?? LOL!
  • NyxDominique
    Options
    You are so silly. Just go for it. POF is a fast website unfortunately.

Please note, I looked at your profile on here and you look good. You have nothing to be insecure about.

You have made a huge improvement in your life, and oddly are quite local to me =p

Women I think get more messages then men do on that website. Mainly just due to hormones ~.^ So if she messaged you she is already interested in your. Just send the message. Blame me if it doesn't work out =p
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    As for "it's her turn", if you like her, who cares? Don't play silly games, if you want to text her, text her.
    So much this.

And as for the getting to know each other going a little slow ... you have to bear in mind that you opted for the more "archaic" form of communication.

Granted, this method does cut down on text-regret.

Don't go into a date with someone online "hoping she likes [you]" ... Go into it hoping to have a little fun and conversation. Be collected and just learn about each other.

Personally I would be all for meeting relatively quickly after contact has been made in an online sitch. I would want to have something to discuss in person and not want things to get weird because she expected something entirely different ...
  • beccau_20
    Options

Please note, I looked at your profile on here and you look good. You have nothing to be insecure about.

You have made a huge improvement in your life, and oddly are quite local to me =p

Women I think get more messages then men do on that website. Mainly just due to hormones ~.^ So if she messaged you she is already interested in your. Just send the message. Blame me if it doesn't work out =p

This.

Great advice!!!
  • abcdefgeee
    abcdefgeee Posts: 13
    Options
    I think if she gave you her cell #, she doesn't mind you texting/calling her lol just be like "hey, this it's __________. wanted to see how you're doing since we haven't really talked much lately. (then add something that will grab her attention and make her want to respond)" tadaaahhhh! hahaha
  • ThermalYew1
    Options

the thing i'm insecure about is my stomach... idk why that part just bothers me lol! But your right... I just don't want it to go too far OR too slow you know? That is crazy how close we r to each other lol!
  • ThermalYew1
    Options
    you guys are right LOL!... I have 0 and I mean 0 a game when it comes to girls LOL! ><
  • NyxDominique
    Options
    Any man and get any girl if they are confident enough.

Just remember that.

The only thing holding you back is your thoughts and fears.
  • beccau_20
    Options
    you guys are right LOL!... I have 0 and I mean 0 a game when it comes to girls LOL! ><

Okay, so listen. I dated nobody in my twenties. I was so fat, depressed, and had such low self esteem that I didn't want to meet anyone, nor did I think that anyone would remotely be interested in me. I lost 90lbs and decided to take the risk, my insecurities still clinging. But I met the right person, and he loves me with all my faults - I still struggle with them especially since I've gained the weight back.

Just go into it thinking about how much more confident you are becoming. She will respond the way she responds, you can't control it. But you may just be pleasantly surprised, too :o) And remember you're just talking, not getting married yet!
  • ThermalYew1
    Options

Okay, so listen. I dated nobody in my twenties. I was so fat, depressed, and had such low self esteem that I didn't want to meet anyone, nor did I think that anyone would remotely be interested in me. I lost 90lbs and decided to take the risk, my insecurities still clinging. But I met the right person, and he loves me with all my faults - I still struggle with them especially since I've gained the weight back.

Just go into it thinking about how much more confident you are becoming. She will respond the way she responds, you can't control it. But you may just be pleasantly surprised, too :o) And remember you're just talking, not getting married yet!

Thats true... I decided to try POF cause I'm just not meeting anyone in my everyday life. It's summer college is out and didnt meet anyone during my first semester and at work I'm just not into anyone there... so much drama that it's not even worth my time... it just seems like I will never meet anyone...
  • ThermalYew1
    Options
    Any man and get any girl if they are confident enough.

Just remember that.

The only thing holding you back is your thoughts and fears.

Aaah IDK about that lol! ...I wish that was true but IDK about that lol! But thats true about thoughts and fears!