Apetamin weight gain

Hey everyone...this goes out to my Apetamin friends...is anyone else taking Apetamin and getting a gut lol...i mean im gaining in other places but seem like most of it is in my stomach. I'm working out a lil and have purchased a waist trainer so hope it helps. Just wondering if anyone else have that problem...

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Waist trainer won't help. Your genetics dictates where you gain (and lose) weight, particularly fat and when gained rapidly. Unfortunately we can't choose where we lose and gain, though gaining slowly and doing strength training means you will gain muscle as well as fat which could minimise the "gut" gains a bit.
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Thanks
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    Slowing down the pace of weight gain and progressive overload will help too. At some point you can also cycle between a cut and bulk or do a recomp to help reduce body fat % from your recent gain.
  • MrsWashington82
    MrsWashington82 Posts: 50 Member
    My waist trainer did a great job slimming my mid section. Whether it dehydrated the area or pushed fat in other areas I'm very happy with the results.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    My waist trainer did a great job slimming my mid section. Whether it dehydrated the area or pushed fat in other areas I'm very happy with the results.

Not exactly a glowing review.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    If you're working on gaining weight and only working out a little, you're gaining fat, and the gut is one of the easiest places to gain. Hardly surprising.
  • MrsWashington82
    Alluminati wrote: »

You don't have to approve. I'm intitled to give my personal experience. It's not nice to be supercritical of others comments because you don't agree with it.
  • Alluminati

You don't have to approve. I'm intitled to give my personal experience. It's not nice to be supercritical of others comments because you don't agree with it.

And I'm entitled to I comment that the review you gave did not make it sound like it was a great thing to go out and buy. I wasn't aware that disagreeing with you means I'm being mean.
  • MrsWashington82
    edited July 2016

And I'm entitled to I comment that the review you gave did not make it sound like it was a great thing to go out and buy. I wasn't aware that disagreeing with you means I'm being mean.
    I'm not really into the back and forth. Good luck on your weight loss/gain Journey and enjoy the remainder of your night.

• Alluminati

I'm not really into the back and forth. Good luck on your weight Journey and have a great night.

I don't mind the back and forth, it's part of the forums.
  • lplummer324

I recently bought one and i be glad when u see results lol
  • MrsWashington82

I recently bought one and i be glad when u see results lol
    Believe me you will definitely see results!
  • stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member
    @MrsWashington82 @lplummer324 Hey y'all... Lol WAIST TRAINERS ARE THE DEVIL. Lls #Lies but anyways... Yes girl I started gaining in my gut a little as well which I expected since I was packing on some pounds. When I saw a few comments about waist trainers I bought one to try it out but honestly I haven't used it enough to know if it works for me. I do recall some mothers from my mommy n baby group swear by those things along with wrapping their bellies with Saran Wrap as well with great results so hey. I'm doing ab workouts more than anything as of now tho cuz that's one area I don't want to slack on. I go on YouTube and find different videos geared to my stomach and workout like crazy. And sometimes I do it with my waist trainer on sometimes without. However u do it girl.... Work Out! It's a must.
  • lplummer324
    Yesss! Im definitely gonna workout! Lol
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member

"Pushing fat in other areas" is not physically possible, without plastic surgery.
  • MrsWashington82
    htimpaired wrote: »

"Pushing fat in other areas" is not physically possible, without plastic surgery.
    The only reason I say this is because I was quoted by several members on various post who all claim, waist trainers merely push fat into other areas and dehydrate the abdominal area thus producing the effects of inches loss.

• MrsWashington82
    stowns30 wrote: »
    @MrsWashington82 @lplummer324 Hey y'all... Lol WAIST TRAINERS ARE THE DEVIL. Lls #Lies but anyways... Yes girl I started gaining in my gut a little as well which I expected since I was packing on some pounds. When I saw a few comments about waist trainers I bought one to try it out but honestly I haven't used it enough to know if it works for me. I do recall some mothers from my mommy n baby group swear by those things along with wrapping their bellies with Saran Wrap as well with great results so hey. I'm doing ab workouts more than anything as of now tho cuz that's one area I don't want to slack on. I go on YouTube and find different videos geared to my stomach and workout like crazy. And sometimes I do it with my waist trainer on sometimes without. However u do it girl.... Work Out! It's a must.
    I just ordered some new workout sneakers! I'm ready to get my lift on. I'm about 8lbs from maintenance so I'm very excited to get nice and toned. And yes I will be wearing my workout waist trainer...just like the one Kim K sports!!:-)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I think when someone says it's pushing fat into other areas, they mean temporarily, like with Spanx. Saran wrap just makes the area sweat so the effects are temporary.

I really think those that think they do anything do themselves a great disservice. If you have improved the appearance of your mid section that's all you and any workout you've been doing. And of course a large part of science, your genetics dictate your shape. No amount of crunches in the world will redistribute fat because you can't spot reduce.

Of course the way to test this is to not workout at all and wear the "waist trainer" (boy do I hate that term for these things) for a few weeks and see if it makes a jot of difference.