Can you believe im still over 200lbs?

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    tiarajj08 wrote: »
    You guys are about to make me cry! I really do hate the scale! It will crush your heart! I really am going to throw it away lol thank you all so much for your kind words

You don't have to throw it away but definitely put it up somewhere.
    You already know you look nice at 220. So from this point forward just use another method to track progress. You can pull the scale out once a month and check your weight if you really want to know. But otherwise just remember that the scale number isn't always the best indicator of progress. As you can see, the scale can be very deceiving. go by how you look and feel. I haven't stepped on a scale since 6-24. Before that was 4-24. I just use it as a guide but don't worry too much about the number at all. It's just one small piece of the puzzle.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Did you track your measurements and body fat percentage through your journey? Sometimes we are focused on the pounds and don't see what our bodies need. I promised myself this time around, my goal would be to lower my body fat percentage, rather than lose weight. I'd rather be strong and fit than be at my goal weight with no muscle tone.. :tongue:

You look amazing. Congrats on your success! You didn't just lose 50 pounds, you transformed your body and your lifestyle. :heart:
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Great job, just keep going !!
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    And I wouldn't focus on the scale.
  • SteveT59
    SteveT59 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You mentioned that you do weights, I assume you are aware that muscle weighs more than fat? That could be a contributing factor.
  • tiarajj08
    tiarajj08 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You mentioned that you do weights, I assume you are aware that muscle weighs more than fat? That could be a contributing factor.

I started going to a pump class at gold gym and they use weights in different routines. But it's discouraging because it's so hard, but it's probably what I need since I'm use to cardio. I think I got my plateau. I have been 223-224 for a while.
  • tiarajj08
    Options
    MzManiak wrote: »
    Did you track your measurements and body fat percentage through your journey? Sometimes we are focused on the pounds and don't see what our bodies need. I promised myself this time around, my goal would be to lower my body fat percentage, rather than lose weight. I'd rather be strong and fit than be at my goal weight with no muscle tone.. :tongue:

You look amazing. Congrats on your success! You didn't just lose 50 pounds, you transformed your body and your lifestyle. :heart:

I want to try waist beads to start keeping track. I never did any measurements. Thank you so much for the advice.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    you look incredible - you've done an awesome job... the shape of your body and your health is much more important than that number on the scale!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful. Congratulations on your accomplishment so far.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have a very lovely shaped body. Keep going with weight lifting and doing what you are doing.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You have Not reached a plateau; for your height and weight you can certainly go lower! As a few posters have said, reevaluate your CICO and keep going!! While you ARE beautiful exactly where you are, it wouldn't hurt to have some wiggle room for weight fluctuations and life! :)
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! Our stats are very similar, so it is highly inspirational to see your progress. I agree with others about the daily caloric intake--it might be time to lower your daily target. Outside of that, you are still keeping your body strong and fit, regardless of what the scale says. You look amazing, but more importantly i'd be willing to bet that you also FEEL amazing. Thanks so much for posting--I needed that inspiration for the week!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You rock girl. You look great. I weigh 223 right now and I look way larger than you are. So you carry very well. You look great!!!!! Rock on....
  • DorySavage
    DorySavage Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have started this journey in '15qsa0xisykoh6.jpg this photo I was 273! Yes, I know I looked like miss piggy!
    I knew I needed a change, so I started here and I love it! I make sure I count my calories everyday(just recently I messed up my year streak, but thats ok! Im back on it! I walk 3 to 5miles everyday and I take in about a gallon of water. I love cardio and spin classes! Honestly cardio is like my best friend5koi73ggkdru.jpg now... This picture I am 223! I do not understand why!?! I want to be 200lbs already. Alot of ppl think I am, but im not. I do clean eat it and I even started weights.. Though I really dont like weights(idk). Im just starting to feel defeated. So any advice? Would love friends! Add me on IG (fitgurl_wan2b) and on fitbit (tiaraellis08@yahoo.com) so you can see my regular routines and etc. I love meeting new ppl and just having the motivation and advice to reach my goals!
    Hi! I have started this journey in '15qsa0xisykoh6.jpg this photo I was 273! Yes, I know I looked like miss piggy!
    I knew I needed a change, so I started here and I love it! I make sure I count my calories everyday(just recently I messed up my year streak, but thats ok! Im back on it! I walk 3 to 5miles everyday and I take in about a gallon of water. I love cardio and spin classes! Honestly cardio is like my best friend5koi73ggkdru.jpg now... This picture I am 223! I do not understand why!?! I want to be 200lbs already. Alot of ppl think I am, but im not. I do clean eat it and I even started weights.. Though I really dont like weights(idk). Im just starting to feel defeated. So any advice? Would love friends! Add me on IG (fitgurl_wan2b) and on fitbit (tiaraellis08@yahoo.com) so you can see my regular routines and etc. I love meeting new ppl and just having the motivation and advice to reach my goals!

• kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Okay, so a small amount of muscle weighs more than a similar amount of fat - you could easily be losing inches, instead of pounds, if you're lifting weights. Very cool progress pic honey!
  • tiarajj08
    Options
    Thank you! Thank you! This journey has been tough I will say. But I'm not giving up. I know at times because I'm larger up top, it makes me look a little bigger. If you all add me or I will add you let's do an august challenge! Push for 1mile or more a day to keep us moving and get in a healthy green smoothie!
  • DorySavage
    Options
    Congratulations on all your successes, Tiara! 6 yrs ago I lost over 65 lbs in 10 months; I too hit plateaus for weeks on end. Don't get discourage, remember muscle weighs more than fat, you could be building muscle and/or maybe eating too many or too few calories, starvation mode. BEST THING TO DO -- MIX IT UP. Our bodies adapt very quickly to routines and as time goes on .. when you lose weight... you need less calories to maintain your current weight and more activity to increase your calorie deficit, the smaller you get ...the harder it is to achieve the same loss. A mix of weight-training and "INTERVAL" cardio is most efficient. DO NOT FEAR WEIGHT TRAINING - YOU CANNOT BUILD LARGE BULK MUSCLES LIKE A MAN -- women do not have the levels of testosterone to do that. "unless you shoot up anabolic steroids" LIFT HEAVY - so it is difficult for you to complete 8-10 repetitions with strict form. Eat fresh and eat clean, but eat .... yes, lift and eat and enjoy life.

Take a look at this for tips on cardio training, only 2 or 3 times a week: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fat_loss_with_interval_cardio.htm

And yes, you are beautiful and you will get there ... fitness is a way of life, never quit healthy habits ..or you will lose all of your had-earned achievemets.
  • DorySavage
    Options
    Me again ... Weight- training is your ticket to your goal. Eat 1/2 a banana or bagle, simple sugars, and a tbs of peanut butter or some kind of quality protein before weight training for energy. Then within 30 min to an hour, eat the other half of banana and a serving of good protein. You have to feed your muscles to grow them ... not starve them. If you don't eat shortly after your workout, your body will catabolize your hard earned muscle to replace glycogen stores and go into fat storing mode because you are starving your body, you would be defeating yourself from the start. This is the perfect time to eat. Eat 5 to 6 small meals each day. The idea is to keep homeostasis, no sugar/insulin spikes; only preworkout and after workout do you want an insulin spike.

I prepare meals twice a week and throw them in the fridge/freezer. It is a lot easier than making up meals every day. If you aren't eating the right food at the right time, you are defeating yourself. I never use a regular dinner plate, except at somebody else's house or out at a restaurant. I am not an expert, but eating small meals often really, really worked for me. Yes, it is hard to keep up with that many meals. You have to plan and be consistent. When you have meals ready, temptation is easy to overcome.
  • tiarajj08
    Options
    DorySavage wrote: »
    Me again ... Weight- training is your ticket to your goal. Eat 1/2 a banana or bagle, simple sugars, and a tbs of peanut butter or some kind of quality protein before weight training for energy. Then within 30 min to an hour, eat the other half of banana and a serving of good protein. You have to feed your muscles to grow them ... not starve them. If you don't eat shortly after your workout, your body will catabolize your hard earned muscle to replace glycogen stores and go into fat storing mode because you are starving your body, you would be defeating yourself from the start. This is the perfect time to eat. Eat 5 to 6 small meals each day. The idea is to keep homeostasis, no sugar/insulin spikes; only preworkout and after workout do you want an insulin spike.

I prepare meals twice a week and throw them in the fridge/freezer. It is a lot easier than making up meals every day. If you aren't eating the right food at the right time, you are defeating yourself. I never use a regular dinner plate, except at somebody else's house or out at a restaurant. I am not an expert, but eating small meals often really, really worked for me. Yes, it is hard to keep up with that many meals. You have to plan and be consistent. When you have meals ready, temptation is easy to overcome.

Thank you sooo much dora! I will definitely take heed to your tips!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You look Fab!

...hints people have given me on MFP include:

lift a little heavier (progressive program),
    weigh and log every. single. thing.,
    try intermittent fasting,
    experiment with your macros,
    be patient,
    remember this is not a diet but a lifestyle

...those things help me when I am feeling impatient.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!