WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2016

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
edited August 2016 in Motivation and Support
bacdxierj7bl.jpg

It's a brand new month to continue with healthy behaviours and to begin new ones.

The name of the thread is "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome.

How did you do with your goals or resolutions for July?

What goals or resolutions have you planned for August?

If you are new, we welcome you and if you've been posting with us, we're glad to see you back again.

Don't forget to click on the star to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

Last month, I kicked off this thread using my phone in my husband's hospital room and today he is on the mend and back doing many of his normal activities. I am very grateful.

Resolutions for July (with end of the month comments)
*get Jake and me home safely from the hospital in Seattle (accomplished)
*be a non-grumpy caregiver to Jake during his recovery (accomplished)
*increase daily meditation time by 5 seconds a day (up to more than 12 minutes)
*continue sorting and discarding photos (fair success)
*weight training twice a week (had to let this go for awhile because of leg pain)

Resolutions for August
*continue sorting and discarding photos
*work in the yard 30+ minutes four days a week
*increase daily meditation time by 5 seconds every few days
*average 15,000 steps a day

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

146200.png

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Barbie - thanks for keeping this group going!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Thanks Barbie, you are the greatest!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Thanks, Barbie.

Janetr okc (in the middle of Kansas at the moment)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    B)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Janetr- I'm glad that your DS noticed how awesome you looked! Even better is how physically fit you're getting. Congratulations on your ability to do the sumo squat and get so low! Isn't the Kettlebell a great portable exercise! I take mine wherever I go too! Great dedication to your healthy lifestyle!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Charleen Outstanding! I have some prize winners inherited from my mother...I LOVE YOUR QUILTS!!!

Kim N Cal I have never used them but heard the solar powered ultrasonic thingies might work...and kitties & doggies are a good deterrent...

Cheri Thinking of you.

<3 to all

Karen in Virginia
  • jpsgirl96
    jpsgirl96 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi Karen. Eight weeks (and a lifetime) on Tuesday. Have you used the tracking approach before? For me, it's been the only thing that has ever worked. When I do it, I eat less and better, I move more, I feel good, and I lose pounds, inches and sizes. There are lots of good tips here, and the tracker and its database are awesome. You can do this! Leigh
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Decided to do an hour of a Pilates for Inflexible People. What I like about this DVD is for one thing the cueing is very good and for another thing there are lots of options for different timed programs. The plan for tomorrow is to do another section of a 10 Minute Yoga DVD, do some bicycles for the abs, then go to the extremepump class. This is the last time Vince has to take me!!!! I'm sure he's thrilled that he doesn't have to get up early.

spikeyhair - my heart goes out to your DGD

NYKaren - how well I remember taking Jess to college the first time! Do you know that after leaving her I went to a church near there and said a little prayer for her? I totally understand how you feel. I cried, too. Does your hubby know how you feel and why you don't want to drive? And just wait till they get home at the end of the semester! Suddenly you'll have so much "stuff" in your house. And that's nothing compared to what you're asked to "store" for them when they're older

barbie - I have a problem where I tend to get plantar's warts. So for that reason I almost never go barefoot. Vince has laughed at me because even in a hotel, I always wear something (even those flip-flop things) on my feet. And you'd never catch me barefoot at the gym. I even try my absolute hardest not to put my foot down on the bare floor when I'm getting dressed. Yes, I know that it would only be for a second. But I try my absolute hardest not to let that second happen. I just got a pair of shoes in a wide width and the problem is that my feet kept slipping out of them so I returned them to the store. I don't know if that would happen with sneakers since you tie the sneakers. I can certainly give it a try. I really don't like those shoes with pointy toes, I'd much rather have room in the shoes for my toes. But the style right now is pointy toe. Even around the house I usually wear slippers with supports in them.

Karen E - even tho I had those cravings yesterday, I managed to stay under calories (just barely)

jpsgirl - welcome! Congrats on losing even tho you were away. Loved the flowers, thanks for sharing them.

Karen in VA - what a wonderful thing to have done with your mom!

Charleen - breathtaking quilt. Is that hand quilted or machine? What does the long arm quilter do? I only remember my aunt quilting. I don't think I could exercise 150 minutes/day. I usually get in about 60

pip - what a ride for the month! Kirby sure is a wonder man

Joyce - you take such good care of charlie. I'm sure he appreciates it deep inside

Charleen - you sure know how to take my breath away. I'm in awe!

Rori - I'm jealous that you get to meet so many MFP members. Have fun!

DJ - I think the worst part of Jess gaining weight is the fact that I know that there's nothing I can do -- she has to want to lose it. It's also sad because I know how hard it is going to be to get it off. Like for dinner Vince grilled hamburgers (mainly because I wanted extras to freeze for him to have another time). Well, Jess had 1-1/2 cheeseburgers. Eliminating the cheese would have helped a little, but what can I say?

Cut the grass today. Vince did under the power lines and the front yard. He figures he'll probably do the backyard Tuesday. I used the self-propelled mower, then the weedwacker. Did some sweeping. Just realized that I didn't sweep one area, will have to look to see if it needs it or not.

Janet in TX and Karenz - welcome!

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    I WITNESS THIS
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Annr wrote: »
    Happy August Everyone!

Goals

-To log my daily food by taking time between breakfast and lunch to prepare. Then type it out, make a copy for my refrigerator, then just check off the day as it progresses. Easy Peasy!

-To Exercise Daily!
    Monday and Fridays: Deep Water Aqua Class 8-9 am
    Tuesday and Thursday: Tennis or if its raining, use the treadmill at the Aquatics Center
    Wednesday: walk for an hr.

-To get up at 7 am to greet the day, then go to bed at 9 pm so I am rested :smile:

-To appreciate the world around me
    -To accept my past and make peace with it.
    -To drink at least 64 oz of water daily (two large water bottles)
    -To hug more, and frown less!

All witness's say "I witness this" (yell it loudly so I can hear it please lol)
    Becca
    Oregon

p0708.gif

I WITNESS THIS, TOO!