• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    August Goals:
    - 120 miles
    - 10 days over 10,000 steps
    - Be up to date with all the organizations I volunteer with
    - Be up to date on company books
    - Organize personal papers and get pension papers in order

A bit ambitious I know but there are deadlines looming in September and as I am retired there should be no reason why I should have to pull all nighters to complete projects....

Oh have no fear - there is fun in all this... Golfing Wednesday with a friend... Shopping trip to the city with a girlfriend... and walking every morning with my dog.

Welcome to August everyone!! You are all awesome in your way.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    Janetr darling picture of your sister. Her eyes tell her story. (((Hugs to your sister))) She has endured unimaginable pain. She is fortunate to have a sister like you and her husband.

Miriam great picture! They are lucky to have you!

:heart: Margaret
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Hi Gals,

Melanie - I do it one of two ways, I either log all ingredients in the recipe part, if it’s a recipe I’ll use frequently or if it is something I’m just throwing together I’ll weigh or measure each thing as it goes in and list them each… either way works

Susie – welcome

Janetr – great pic, she’s a fighter!

Miriam – wonderful pic of the girls, and how nice for you to sit the neighbor kids too…. love the toss the things that don't give you joy!!! LOL

Karen NY – isn’t it neat to be able to see what the problem is? It feels like there is a way to fix it if you can figure out the issue.

Mary and Karen – I am pretty sure I am doing the kettleball swings right, but if you remember I have done them first with no weight, now with 1 pound, and some days even straightening my arm completely or stretching it to reach for something is painful, no where as bad as it was when I did it 6 months ago but still lingering. I am right handed so it is my dominate arm, and really it is the stretch and/or twisting that makes it hurt. If I could have done 3 weeks of resting it that would have probably helped with the healing, but 3 weeks without work would have been dire. So at this point I am not looking at it as an exercise, but more of a PT – however I do think that just the movement has made my gluts a bit more perky…

Well off to a garden…

August Goals:
    2 fun things a week
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

July Goals:
    2 fun things a week, Lunch with Ben, visiting with mom, Cajun food with a friend, got the job!, watched the sunrise every morning, planning a camping trip with a friend.Done
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be. Done
    11,000 + steps everyday – like to hit 160 miles for the month. **** fitbit says 178.48 miles****

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
  • MamaSooz89129
    MamaSooz89129 Posts: 40 Member

Susie, we are delighted to have you become part of our friendly community....you have quite a challenge with your husband so far away...the exact opposite of my challenge which is that my husband had surgery a month ago and is with me 24/7 and I have no time by myself.

Barbie: Thanks for the kind welcome. Are you near Colville, WA? I have a cousin that lives there. What a beautiful part of the country. Hope your hubby is on the mend soon.

• carriels7
    carriels7 Posts: 39 Member
    Hello wonderful ladies!
    I have been lurking B) reading all your great posts. I have an 8 pound kettle ball, but had a really bad episode with back this last year and was reluctant to give it another try, however, as have been getting a bit stronger at the gym and cardio fit class, am going to start swinging. Have instructions. I hope to work up to Mary's speed some day!
    Janetr okc - like your resolution to stop eating at night - my struggle as well
    Heather - you come up with the greatest food ideas!
    Foodakie - keep coming here - it helps
    Barbie - going to check on the inflammation diet you mention
    Miriam - love those girls!!! I wish I lived closer to my granddaughters - so much life. And I love that saying you posted.

Everyone has great August goals - YOUR goals keep me motivated.

Was down emotionally yesterday - weight was up and am trying really hard not to let a number effect me, but at times it's discouraging. Still kept up with my goals and put in over 8k steps - small number for some of you guys, but a big one for me! I figure if I keep going to gym, walk a lot, and track eating to stay as healthy eating as I can, it will come off. Patience, patience, patience.

Carrie in coastal SC
  • pipcd34
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    This made me laugh. avdmqe00fhba.jpg

I love this! Thank you for posting it, Miriam.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Miriam ~ Your girls look so happy and healthy. I do not envy you watchng the other kids for 3 weeks. My 2 grands can tire me out quickly.

Janet ~ The photo of your sis & her dh is great. We will be married 47 yrs this month and hope we make it to 50.

I love that clip art about decluttering! LOL
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Hi everyone. I just cannot figure out how to get in here on a regular basis anymore! Last week I did get 5 hours of exercise in but didn't lose a single pound. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I am so disappointed. I did figure out a way to give Benny's meds (at least for now). Apricot jam sandwich on King's Hawaiian bread rolls. I better not tell you how much he likes them because that will jinx it!

We got an inch of rain last night and more is on the way. Tonight I have to get as much done on our taxes as possible; poor DD#2; I hope she can still get her student loan! We are such slogs!

Well work calls. Take care, meg from Omaha
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    This made me laugh. avdmqe00fhba.jpg

Thanks for sharing this Miriam. I love it! Just posted this on my Facebook Page!

2yq383pxg08c.jpg

Lunch break and then back to the business of moving.

Stay cool ladies,

Cheri

• Katla49
    edited August 2016
    Carrie in Coastal SC & Newbies: Welcome! We all start where we are. Tracking our food and beverages helps us to see what we've been doing and make healthy changes. This will not be a quick fix, but you can transform yourself and your life if you are persistent and patient. :flowerforyou:

We are back from our epic journey to Virginia and are having a quiet day at home. Yesterday was spent taking care of business and getting some fresh food. I did get to yoga, but the teacher didn't show up. One of my fellow students stepped up and led us. She did very well. I enjoyed being with the group and discovered that I was not up to my usual level with yoga moves. Two weeks was a long time to be away. My weight is still up a pound or two, but within my safety zone below the original goal. :grumble:

We learned a few travel lessons on this trip:

Lesson #1: Checked luggage is a pain. Try to get by with only a carry on if possible.
    Lesson #2: Ginger works very well to combat motion sickness & doesn't rot my brain. I took a daily capsule and also had ginger gum. Other motion sickness remedies are on a list of things that contribute to the development of Alzheimers that I found on the internet. There will be no more Dramamine or similar medicines for me. Here is a link I found helpful: http://www.agingbraincare.org/uploads/products/ACB_scale_-_legal_size.pdf

Have a great day!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Heather- I hope your hips improve! Supposedly movement is good for stiffness and arthritis.

Kim - you will get perky all over! Hopefully the pain will go away.

Janetr - great pictures!

Meg - yeah! The sandwich sounds good!

My toe is still sore but not screaming at me anymore! I'm on the road all day so I don't have to walk on it.

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Cheri Godspeed!

Kim Yeah, I didn't realize you were nursing a biceps injury when I posted that. Yea for perky glutes!

Meg Omaha Next time I have to dose one of the dogs I am going to remember Apricot jam sandwiches on King's Hawaiian bread rolls. The sweet ones? LOL!

Miriam Thanks for the smile! This is charming:
    avdmqe00fhba.jpg

Karen in Virginia
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Miriam, Your decluttering post made me laugh out loud. :D Also, the girls are adorable. Thanks!

Lisa, what a dreadful story! Yuck! But stories like that need to be in the media so society can take steps to minimize their occurrence. Thank you for your part in writing about them.

Kim, please take it easy with that arm. I'm glad you have a friend who does PT. In the past I've repeatedly injured myself by doing things I shouldn't. I'm now very careful to stop at the first sign of pain (as opposed to muscle fatigue).

On a lunch break from work. Did 21 minutes of elliptical plus
    Kettlebell: 10 x 12 x 15
    Squats: 3 x 15, plus 3 x 15 x15

• oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Yes, Katiebug, you are right and that is exactly what I was doing on the little IPod. I am all fixed star-wise, now. Now I just need to work on the rest of me LOL
    Betty
  • Katla49
  • pipcd34